BuildCraft quarry resetting on relog

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

R4b

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've recently noticed an issue with BuildCraft quarries on my server, they have basically been resetting themselves after the owner logs out and then comes back at a later stage.

By resetting I mean that the quarry no longer interacts with the current frame/area it is quarrying and the black and yellow marked area comes back as if i'd just made a new quarry area (in a 16x16 area centered on the quarry block). See the screenshot attached.

I at first thought this could have been to do with my server configs, however I have recently updated to 1.1.2 (so all configs were reset and renewed) and this doesn't have seemed to have made a difference. Quarries have worked fine in the past on my server and this seems to be happening all of a sudden for no apparent reason, so this is why i'm here!

Could anything else be clashing with it or is this a known bug with the quarries? If so - how can I overcome it?

Attachments

• 2013-07-14_02.49.01.png
    2013-07-14_02.49.01.png
    673.8 KB · Views: 149

R4b

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Ultimate 1.1.2 for 1.4.7. No mods added at all, none taken away. I'm using the latest MCPC+ Legacy if that make a difference? Although, again, the quarries have worked fine previously and i've been using MCPC+ for the whole time.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I spy with my little eye, and it's black.... an enderchest
I know in previous versions enderchests and quarries would cause chunk resets, try removing the enderchest and replace it with a tesseract for example.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Wel I currently run 16 quarrys all with the same enderchest ontop of it and I never had this problem I'm also using 1.1.2 so my best bet is a bug with mcpc+

Holland says hi!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Wel I currently run 16 quarrys all with the same enderchest ontop of it and I never had this problem I'm also using 1.1.2 so my best bet is a bug with mcpc+

Holland says hi!

aah yes, I forgot, it mostly happens in the Twilight Forest...

R4b

Jul 29, 2019
Tried with a tessaract (see screenshot)...

Thanks all for your replies, i'd thought i'd solved it last night only to log on this morning to see that its now back to how it was. I was also aware about the issues with ender chests as i'd had chunks reset on me before (hence the spot loader next to the ender chest as it's in a different chunk to the quarry).

It's a long standing bug with MCPC+

That's unfortunate to hear that its a long standing bug with MCPC+ as we're having so much success in other ways with it, do you have any idea if there's a workaround or a link to a page (Github?) reporting this bug previously?
It's odd... it seems the quarry is fine when the server first restarts, it's not till I relog or perhaps i'm not on the server when it restarts, when it happens.

Attachments

• 2013-07-15_11.43.29.png
    2013-07-15_11.43.29.png
    839.8 KB · Views: 101

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like you're mighty close to chunk boundaries there (according to the minimap). (Assuming this isn't that MCPC+ bug) Maybe try putting your energy tesseract above/below the quarry. Maybe the chunks aren't loading up as required?

R4b

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like you're mighty close to chunk boundaries there (according to the minimap). (Assuming this isn't that MCPC+ bug) Maybe try putting your energy tesseract above/below the quarry. Maybe the chunks aren't loading up as required?

I have a spot loader next to the tessaract (within the same chunk). I use F9 to determine the chunk boundaries when finding a location for a quarry so stuff like that can't mess up (unless the spot loader was also bugged but it seems to work fine) :)

I think I am experiencing the MCPC+ bug... Hope it's fixed for 1.6. Thanks for all your input.

Edit: I did do quite abit of testing as I thought this could be to do with the Bukkit plugin Clearlagg running the command /lagg unloadchunks and found it wasn't. When the server restarts, I go back to the quarry, it appears like the image below but when power is applied, the drill appears and it appears to work okay. However, only if I keep going back there occasionally but if I log off for a while or don't go back there for a good while, it goes back to the state as described in the OP. Almost like some or all of the quarried chunks are being unloaded when they become 'idle' - even though they are not as the quarry should be keeping them loaded.

2013-07-15_12.34.50.png

Any thoughts?

apparatusdeus

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this thread is still being tracked but I'm having the same problem.

Whenever our server restarts (which it does whenever there are no players on it. Don't ask me why, its something our host does), our quarry resets itself ignoring the already placed rigging and projecting the black and yellow box centred behind it.
Our server is running Direwolf20's latest FTB mod pack with no extra mods.

I did initially start with a quarry, energy tesseract and ender chest but after reading this thread I replaced the ender chest with an item tesseract and reset the quarry, which allowed the quarry to finish digging out the area even after restarting. However after moving the quarry to a new location (not that far from the original area) the problem has persisted even with the item tesseract.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this problem as I am unable to prevent the server from restarting and its proving to be a real thorn in our production chain.