Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Wow... I mean I'm assuming that the winky face means you're joking... but still... wow...
Yah i was lol. Just couldn't help it haha.

edit: For those of you wanting to make a land base. A easy concept is to make a wall of atleast 4m high (higher is better) and then use Stone brick stairs (or any stair type that isn't griefable) set facing downard on the outside of the wall at the top as a rampart. Add over those stairs any block that you want and put some torch on the top of your wall to prevent mob spawn. This way, you avoid most jumping creature and climbing spiders.

Last edited:

junkmachine

Jul 29, 2019
Hey i keep getting this:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// My bad.

Time: 9/11/14 10:48 PM
Description: Exception ticking world

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73156_b(ChunkProviderServer.java:328)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72835_b(WorldServer.java:181)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:657)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:129)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

Seems to be caused by entities walking into the netherportal or dying (and their drops being send through the nether portal). Happens quite frequently if you kill entities while they stand in the portal itself. Is there someway to prevent this crash besides breaking the portal or do i have to live with the random crash if i just block off the portal? :/

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Yah i was lol. Just couldn't help it haha.

Ok, I hoped as much. I mean I understand the idea of wanting everyone on your server to be 18+ (though honestly, my general impression of people is that it doesn't matter what age they are, when they're shit goes boom, any given person could turn into a whiny turd), not wanting to have to deal with kids and all that. And I will be the first to admit that I and a fan of a good red head. But that one just got creepy... lol. My kinda creepy :-D

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I hoped as much. I mean I understand the idea of wanting everyone on your server to be 18+ (though honestly, my general impression of people is that it doesn't matter what age they are, when they're shit goes boom, any given person could turn into a whiny turd), not wanting to have to deal with kids and all that. And I will be the first to admit that I and a fan of a good red head. But that one just got creepy... lol. My kinda creepy :-D
Particularly when most of the people claiming to be attractive redheads on the internet are liable to be trolls, living in basements, with equipment you may not want to find when, after a long night, Beer goggles lead you someplace strange.

Reactions: Blargerist

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Particularly when most of the people claiming to be attractive redheads on the internet are liable to be trolls, living in basements, with equipment you may not want to find when, after a long night, Beer goggles lead you someplace strange.

I have an attractively beautiful red beard. Does that count?

Reactions: Blargerist

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I have an attractively beautiful red beard. Does that count?
I don't know much about you, but suspect that I'd likely describe you as a troll should I find you upon awaking from a trip down the rabbit hole.

Not that ANYONE would ever hear such a story.... not exactly something you talk about at a poker table..

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out that once you put or get sharpness on a weapon, the game will register the +damage upon upgrading to better metal. Also the short bow doesn't register when upgrading to Damascus or Shadow Steel tool rods. Copper to iron works fine, but you cant upgrade past iron until Ardite. I've only noticed this for the short bow.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a small tip/trick I've found for nether mining, if you want it.

Change the language localization to pretty much anything other than English (I recommend Pirate Speak so you can still read names). This will allow you to easily tell what netherack contains hellfish... I won't say exactly how but it's pretty obvious. ;)
[\spoiler]

Reactions: WillThGreat

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Here's a small tip/trick I've found for nether mining, if you want it.

Change the language localization to pretty much anything other than English (I recommend Pirate Speak so you can still read names). This will allow you to easily tell what netherack contains hellfish... I won't say exactly how but it's pretty obvious. ;)
[\spoiler]
:O
That's not fun at all.
Takes all the fun out of my world with 60% Silver/Hellfish blocks.