Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

heyfunny

Jul 29, 2019
So my question still stands.. Is Tinkers with IG Tweaks bugged in this pack? I assumed if you upgrade a weapon fully to a new material for example a rapier to Damascus steel for all 3 parts shouldn't it upgrade the weapon damage in addition to the durability? It seems as though certain weapons are not upgrading properly I upgraded my Flint dagger to Damascus steel and get that weapon actually got the weapon damage increase so is this actually a bug or is this intended?

heyfunny

Jul 29, 2019
Also the way that I tested this theory was trying to craft a rapier with straight instead of upgrading the other one well this was after I upgraded it but but I made a brand new one in addition to and the new one had 3 damage + 5 while the upgraded one with the same components and the same durability had one damage +2

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Also the way that I tested this theory was trying to craft a rapier with straight instead of upgrading the other one well this was after I upgraded it but but I made a brand new one in addition to and the new one had 3 damage + 5 while the upgraded one with the same components and the same durability had one damage +2
Are you basing this on the tool tips, or actual damage done? I thought there had been issues with the wrong values being displayed on upgrades, but the weapon still did the correct damage.

heyfunny

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm let me verify just to make sure. I'm pretty sure I looked into it in the first place was because I upgraded my main weapon and I was surprised at the lack of damage it was doing afterwards that's when I noticed the tooltips were wrong ok just tested it again and sure enough my upgraded Rapier (all 3 parts are now Damascus Steel) is doing 3 damage at master level while a standard Damascus steel rapier with no XP at all is doing between five and seven depending on the armor of the zombie or mob

heyfunny

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't going from a Steel Rapier to Damascus Steel I was going from a flint one,... Even stranger is that its not just the rapier that is not being changed. Certain tools are not getting buffs from upgrading either... pickaxe, shovel,... my Dagger seems to have gotten the damage boost changing to steel so the dagger upgrades fine

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm let me verify just to make sure. I'm pretty sure I looked into it in the first place was because I upgraded my main weapon and I was surprised at the lack of damage it was doing afterwards that's when I noticed the tooltips were wrong ok just tested it again and sure enough my upgraded Rapier (all 3 parts are now Damascus Steel) is doing 3 damage at master level while a standard Damascus steel rapier with no XP at all is doing between five and seven depending on the armor of the zombie or mob
Post a screenshot of both Rapiers' tooltips with SHIFT held. Some modifiers decrease weapon damage, so that could be the cause.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
What modifiers are on this master level rapier?

EDIT: Squeek and I posted simultaneously. Just post the screenshot he mentioned. :p

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
Attack damage on weapons/tools haven't updated properly since the switch to TiC Tweaks I believe (Perhaps only in some situations?). See here & here switching a Copper blade out for Damascus vs/ a new Damascus sword. TheOldOne had been busy dealing with some personal family stuff (and since returning has moved on to the other 1.7 port), so I just assumed it was something we'd have to deal with in 1.6. Additionally for the record, the tooltips are always off by one damage less than the weapon/tool actually adds.

Krakel

Jul 29, 2019
You have different bindings and handles in your pictures. On is Copper binding and handle with Damascus blade, the other all are Damascus!

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
You have different bindings and handles in your pictures. On is Copper binding and handle with Damascus blade, the other all are Damascus!

...Yes? Tool Rods and Bindings/Gaurds never have an effect on attack damage... not even in standard TiC... Uhh, here's a screenshot as recompense for your observations, though.

heyfunny

Jul 29, 2019
Will do although at the moment the main weapon I am testing is a flint rapier that I upgraded to Damascus steel for all 3 parts and the weapon damage done to mobs as well as the tool tip are much lower than a "started as Damascus" rapier. I'll grab that screen shot after work.

Thorgan8

Jul 29, 2019
This boost XP is really getting silly.
It took me quite a while to find Ardite in the nether, so when I got an ore I instantly went to the dream world. When I then finally got my pickaxe into the dream world I had already found and marked some deep iron and infuscolion. Couldn't mine it though due to unboosted manyllium pickaxe. ~2500 xp needed. Takes me a bit less than half an hour, meanwhile find all the other fantasy metals for both higher tiers. Then I upgrade my hammer to Dark Steel.
5500 XP to boost. And there are still two mining levels that I assume will take even more XP.

Is there anything I can do here?
I'm certainly not going to grind away at cobblestone or netherrack for more than an hour.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
It took me quite a while to find Ardite in the nether, so when I got an ore I instantly went to the dream world. When I then finally got my pickaxe into the dream world I had already found and marked some deep iron and infuscolion. Couldn't mine it though due to unboosted manyllium pickaxe. ~2500 xp needed. Takes me a bit less than half an hour, meanwhile find all the other fantasy metals for both higher tiers. Then I upgrade my hammer to Dark Steel.
5500 XP to boost. And there are still two mining levels that I assume will take even more XP.

I'm certainly not going to grind away at cobblestone or netherrack for more than an hour.
The obvious* answer would be to use the correct item to boost the pickaxe. @Eyamaz would know what it is.

*May not be obvious.

PS: @Eyamaz you said the 1.6 packs would be done "before sleep" the night before last.... Have you not slept in 2 days? If so... GO TO BED! Jeez, people can learn to wait.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The obvious* answer would be to use the correct item to boost the pickaxe. @Eyamaz would know what it is.

*May not be obvious.

PS: @Eyamaz you said the 1.6 packs would be done "before sleep" the night before last.... Have you not slept in 2 days? If so... GO TO BED! Jeez, people can learn to wait.

I've napped. I generally only get a few hours sleep a night.

As far as the boost, one of the heads should boost that high now. Either enderman or witherskelly if its working correctly. Idr.

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, make a new pick. The current TiC Tweaks version is bugged in that aspect, at least I don't think it's intended. A new pick will have a more reasonable xp requirement.

If anyone for some reason can't cheat or would rather exploit than straight up cheat, I learned that you can insta-mine spectral blocks from the Sigil of the Phantom Bridge from Blood Magic, and they count towards getting XP.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I've napped. I generally only get a few hours sleep a night.

As far as the boost, one of the heads should boost that high now. Either enderman or witherskelly if its working correctly. Idr.
Well, good to know that you've gotten some sleep at least. Just remember, at least some of us are patient. :p We will somehow survive if you need rest.

EDIT: Are the levels that heads boost being changed in 1.1.4 at all? I'm thinking I might write up a list for people if not.

There are lots of things you can do like cheat and give yourself whatever you want, or you can make your own pack and play that...This is the way the game was designed to be played and frankly I don't think mining for 1 hour is too much to ask out of someone who is playing MINEcraft. I feel like most packs out there and especially on multi player servers, it is always a race to get to the end or 'top-tier' items. BnB is the opposite of that and for me it makes it that much more rewarding when I ding my boost.

I like how you belittle his opinion and mention cheating and making a new pack, yet didn't mention the option within BnB to boost with heads. *Applause*

Last edited:

Thorgan8

Jul 29, 2019
Ah Thanks, this helps a lot.
I tried making a new pick, it still takes more than 2000 xp. But an enderman head should work!
And I guess then I'll see how much the later levels take. Cheating kinda ruins the magic for me, so I'd rather avoid that.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Lag problem/possible fix:

I recall some user syaing they had some lag problem. I recently experience such a problem with a PC that is strong enough to run 4 times the requirement of BNB and still have lots of juice left to do other stuff without lagging. Turn out i had 2 Java installed (Java Update 65 and the latest which was Java Update 67 (64 bits).) Uninstalling the "Java Update 65" fixed my lag spike problem. So for those of you who sometime experience lag, try looking at your installed java version and make sure only the latest 64 bits is installed. Hopefully this help some people :)

heyfunny

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so upon testing and getting screen shots for my issue I seemed to have broken something... Or encountered a game breaking bug. I was showing my daughter the scary bigger brother of the Ent the Treant and ran up and attacked it and suddenly the game crashed and now when i try to launch from the FTB launcher it says "Error Extracting native Libraries" and when Minecraft loads and I try to load any of my BnB saves it crashes instantly with

Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: javaw.exe
Application Version: 7.0.510.13
Application Timestamp: 52b25e38
Fault Module Name: StackHash_eb62
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 0000000000000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 0000000000000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033