Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

W

WillThGreat

Episode 3 of my Blood N' Bones Let's Play published today.

I learned that Fraps records on top of F.lux, a program that essentially tints your screen orange to help with eye strain. I balanced the colors to the best of my ability, but some things still look a bit off. I apologize and hope it isn't too distracting. Hopefully I can edit the rest of the session into just one more episode so it won't be an issue for too long.

heyfunny

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I'm currently streaming this daily on twitch Solo non hardcore and I have run into some issues that I wish I knew why,.. Most annoying is if you play with magnet mode on get ready to lose your best tools and weapons because it is causing you to get back your tools on your dead corpse and then when you respawn you lose them forever. grrr 2nd issue is when i upgrade my Rapier from flint n bone to all damascus steel parts it upgraded the durability but not the damage is this supposed to happen?.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Episode 3 of my Blood N' Bones Let's Play published today.

I learned that Fraps records on top of F.lux, a program that essentially tints your screen orange to help with eye strain. I balanced the colors to the best of my ability, but some things still look a bit off. I apologize and hope it isn't too distracting. Hopefully I can edit the rest of the session into just one more episode so it won't be an issue for too long.

Might want to craft water buckets in the crafting window... It's fairly useful for cooking. Makes 1 bucket into 8 waters.

Reactions: WillThGreat

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
Might want to craft water buckets in the crafting window... It's fairly useful for cooking. Makes 1 bucket into 8 waters.
I wrote a turtle program to do this 1 stack at a time to save on the tediousness. I used one of the blood magic rituals to make it a renewable source block for the turtle to pull from as it wouldn't do the barrel. I've been having fun making a chef turtle. Lol

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...Do bone meal still work on crop as of 1.1.3 or is it because i'm in a Frost Forest Biome that my crops won't grow with bone meal? They are underground (about 10m deep) with opened Skylight above them for the sun.

Edit: Went to try in creative..doesn't seem to work (Spruce Wood Biome)

Last edited:

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I also thought it only made 4 fresh water buckets?
It's entirely possible I remembered wrong. Either way, my advice still stands as it is more than 1. :p

I wrote a turtle program to do this 1 stack at a time to save on the tediousness. I used one of the blood magic rituals to make it a renewable source block for the turtle to pull from as it wouldn't do the barrel. I've been having fun making a chef turtle. Lol
*Complain about Blood Magic being OP even though that ritual is not OP*

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...Do bone meal still work on crop as of 1.1.3 or is it because i'm in a Frost Forest Biome that my crops won't grow with bone meal? They are underground (about 10m deep) with opened Skylight above them for the sun.

Edit: Went to try in creative..doesn't seem to work (Spruce Wood Biome)
Bone meal "works" in the sense that it's so incredibly nerfed on hard mode that it's virtually useless.

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
It's entirely possible I remembered wrong. Either way, my advice still stands as it is more than 1. :p

*Complain about Blood Magic being OP even though that ritual is not OP*
Lol I would have used tanks or that barrel but couldn't get the turtle to draw from them.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Bone meal "works" in the sense that it's so incredibly nerfed on hard mode that it's virtually useless.
Right, been a few weeks sinces i had the chance to play. Long enough to forget that the difficulty ramped up the groth times and the bone mean efficiency. Thabks for the reminder :)

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz I have a suggestion. I really like what you did with Blood Magic in this pack, balance wise. You've pushed it much into the later game, as it should be, since it can make a player so powerful.

Still, I feel that when you reach a point where you can begin Blood Magic, you can easily do everything in that mod in no time.

What I suggest is having that same progression that is present in the modpack as a whole in Blood Magic.
For example, I like how making each simple spell is costly because you need a blood altar for each.

Some elements in the mod, like blood alchemy, should be usable earlier in the game, like in the nether stage (albeit perhaps with some limitations).
Other elements, like (some?) rituals and complex spells could be pushed into the later game, to the dream world stage.

That tiering would be a benefit to the pack, because it would introduce a magic element earlier on, while still limiting the player and allowing us to experience the mod more fully (who will make a fire resist blood alchemy potion if they can just make a sigil of elemental affinity?).

What do you think?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz I have a suggestion. I really like what you did with Blood Magic in this pack, balance wise. You've pushed it much into the later game, as it should be, since it can make a player so powerful.

Still, I feel that when you reach a point where you can begin Blood Magic, you can easily do everything in that mod in no time.

What I suggest is having that same progression that is present in the modpack as a whole in Blood Magic.
For example, I like how making each simple spell is costly because you need a blood altar for each.

Some elements in the mod, like blood alchemy, should be usable earlier in the game, like in the nether stage (albeit perhaps with some limitations).
Other elements, like (some?) rituals and complex spells could be pushed into the later game, to the dream world stage.

That tiering would be a benefit to the pack, because it would introduce a magic element earlier on, while still limiting the player and allowing us to experience the mod more fully (who will make a fire resist blood alchemy potion if they can just make a sigil of elemental affinity?).

What do you think?

In 1.6? No
In 1.7? Everything is getting reworked and this is already planned.

Currently, I'm in the middle of doing a final update for 1.6 (BnB, Monster, etc.) and then back to 1.7 stuff.

I really hate IDs.

Why I agreed to do final updates for all these packs I don't know, but I will probably take my frustration in dealing with random IDs being reset by mods out on BnB players. Moar death is good, right?

I need a nap though.

Reactions: Blood&Scott&Bones

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6? No

Currently, I'm in the middle of doing a final update for 1.6 (BnB, Monster, etc.) and then back to 1.7 stuff.

I really hate IDs.

Why I agreed to do final updates for all these packs I don't know, but I will probably take my frustration in dealing with random IDs being reset by mods out on BnB players. Moar death is good, right?

I need a nap though.
Good to know. Looking forward to the 1.7 version. :D

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6? No

I really hate IDs.

I need a nap though.
Woo! Death! Woo for 1.7! I look forward to writing a thousand patches.