Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Wondering what Eyamaz's plans are regarding Glenn's Gases and 1.7.

I'm a little conflicted on the gases. The explosions are horrifically extensive at times and while they add greatly to the danger and sense of foreboding I also feel the amount of damage they do takes away from the game a bit too much. Most of the dungeons I've explored have been totally wrecked which I find to be a bit of a downer.

It does kinda fit with the lore though, BnB comes before Agrarian Skies when the world is collapsing into chaos which eventually leads to everything being destroyed.

What do you folks think and Eyamaz do you have further tweaks in store?
Dungeons being totally wrecked is from passive mob griefing, not from gases.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously? Wow! Some of those craters are huge.
Well for the overall damage its the passive griefing. Mobs get bored and break blocks. It is of course possible for a creeper to blow up a wall, hit a patch of explosive gas just behind it and cause even more damage. The gas definitely CAN make it worse, but it's not the main damage source.

edited-eyamaz

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sim...

NoOpen

Jul 29, 2019
Cheating a bit is okay as long as it doesn't mean breaking one of the most important aspects of the game. And as long as it can somehow fit in with the thoughts of the pack creator.

Yea @mikha this has surprisingly and awesomely been kept very civil.

But I guess that is the end of the debate anyway. I consider cheating, cheating. You consider a little bit of cheating, not cheating. It ends at a difference of opinion, My opinion vs the worlds. But you can't deny that considering some forms of cheating, not cheating is extremely illogical.

Reactions: Wursti

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
kept civil or not, this discussion moved way beyond the topic of this thread and stood on very shaky ground with examples used for what we allow on the forum. I have deleted almost everything, no warning points issued, but the discussion ends here.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
kept civil or not, this discussion moved way beyond the topic of this thread and stood on very shaky ground with examples used for what we allow on the forum. I have deleted almost everything, no warning points issued, but the discussion ends here.

I'm sorry Eyamaz :-( I was certainly not trying to start or be a part of a flame war/fight. And to anyone that was offended by anything I said, I also apologize, I didn't mean to offend.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Mr. Wino, I think we all know who deserved the scolding for an off color example.

*wanders off looking for a bar of soap*

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the deletes/edits. That was getting loooooong. :p

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, he was right to do so, I was posting my last reply as he swung the hammer, but my last reply should have been far earlier....... all hail Eyamaz

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz, just wondering if you do take suggestions for mods to be added in? I have seen that your modpack is really, really harsh. And so I wonder if you would like to take a look at this mod, and if it would fit in or not. :p

Basically, killing cows/sheeps/pigs/chickens do not give you the products directly (e.g. raw meat, feathers, leather, etc), the carcasses if not stored properly will rot, etc. Raw/Cooked meat needs to be kept properly or they will rot inside your inventory/chests. :)

Just hoping that I can contribute to the suffering of other players...*cough* I meant to the enjoyment of other players. :D

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz, just wondering if you do take suggestions for mods to be added in? I have seen that your modpack is really, really harsh. And so I wonder if you would like to take a look at this mod, and if it would fit in or not. :p

Basically, killing cows/sheeps/pigs/chickens do not give you the products directly (e.g. raw meat, feathers, leather, etc), the carcasses if not stored properly will rot, etc. Raw/Cooked meat needs to be kept properly or they will rot inside your inventory/chests. :)

Just hoping that I can contribute to the suffering of other players...*cough* I meant to the enjoyment of other players. :D
That looks pretty cool. The pack is switching to 1.7 after the next update though. So unless the mod updates to 1.7....

Paceboy

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so um... idk if this was intentional but I started a new world (after failing for the umpteenth time).
I held out in a dungeon for the first night and the only food i had was a an apple from the chest. Upon dawn i glanced at the rising sun and took a bite of my apple. Suddenly I found myself in a dark world that seemed to be a mirror of my own, behind me I heard a strange sound so I ran. The strange sound got closer and closer and would teleport in front of me, revealing a massive dark figure. Desperately I ran from the creature and, upon seeing some otherworldly looking cotton, plucked it and ran. It didn't take long for the shadow to catch up to me and mercilessly slaughter me. Terrified, I found myself laying on the floor of the dungeon I had spent the night in.

In other words, somehow I was sent into a nightmare on my first day and idk how it happened but the only thing I can say for sure is that eating the apple caused it. (eating another apple later, and at dawn, did not cause the dreamworld to appear again)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so um... idk if this was intentional but I started a new world (after failing for the umpteenth time).
I held out in a dungeon for the first night and the only food i had was a an apple from the chest. Upon dawn i glanced at the rising sun and took a bite of my apple. Suddenly I found myself in a dark world that seemed to be a mirror of my own, behind me I heard a strange sound so I ran. The strange sound got closer and closer and would teleport in front of me, revealing a massive dark figure. Desperately I ran from the creature and, upon seeing some otherworldly looking cotton, plucked it and ran. It didn't take long for the shadow to catch up to me and mercilessly slaughter me. Terrified, I found myself laying on the floor of the dungeon I had spent the night in.

In other words, somehow I was sent into a nightmare on my first day and idk how it happened but the only thing I can say for sure is that eating the apple caused it. (eating another apple later, and at dawn, did not cause the dreamworld to appear again)

:D

Reactions: Anesos

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019

It might be a good idea to make sure it's what you think it is before you eat things in the future. :p