Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Trees are fun..til they catch on fire from lightning and everything u have burns up with them lol

Is funny you say that, there are 3 redwoods here and one of them already had the lower third burnt up from lava. I moved in anyway. Maybe I'll sheathe it in stone brick as my next project.

Not sure what I should be doing next anyhow, seems like it is time for witchery/dreamworld.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
My home is inside of one of the obsidian towers for a roguelike dungeon. The chest in the upper layer usually has some torches in it, so I can light the place up, then I plug all the holes with dirt. The one I'm in this time around (on world number 15, lol) was on the side of a hill, so I had to flatten the area around it. But I'm right next to a desert, so I too use a moat of quicksand. It's only 1 wide and 2 deep (been thinking of changing that). And I have a tunnel that runs around the inside of it, so occasionally I'll go down there and can collect any mob drops that are in it. If a giant skeleton or zombie gets stuck, I can kill them from below without them being able to fight back. Ideally it should probably be like 2 wide and three deep so that way it will catch/kill pretty much everything that's not flying.

I have a garden going on the roof. I built a vertical shaft of dirt on the side going from the second floor up to the roof, and put ladders in it, so I could get up there right away. I'm in a grassland biome so it counts as pretty much everything except desert. Every now and then I have a flying mob up there, but they're not too bad.

I use dirt to block off the lower levels, even after it is well lit. Not taking any chances. I use one of the 4 entrances on the main level as my actual way in and out, using dirt as a "door". I use another one to go to the tunnel that goes around the moat, and a third to go to an underground tunnel that leads waaaaaay off. That third tunnel eventually leads to my mine, but also has offshoots for my nether portal (also with a moat of quicksand), my chicken room, and my smeltery.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you!
Do be aware that this is not a great setup against invaders...... you'll need to do considerably more work to stop them. I tend to mine out a layer underneath the base, leaving nothing more than 1X1 columns as supports. This space then needs to be filled with lava or poisonous liquids.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
The obsidian towers are probably the easiest solution to build your base up. Collect a stack of dirt to close all the holes and you're set for the night(s). I've lived in one too for a while but one thing eventually got me: if you don't dig hundrets of blocks away you'll hit those obsidian tunnels all the time during mining. You'll have to dig around those, resist the temptation to sneak in and raid stuff before you're ready and deal with spawners spawning in your mineshafts.
Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't mine properly under those things, so I made shure to build my new base far far away from any roguelike dungeon.

Another thing: has anyone had any success utilizing glenn's gases? I gave it a shot this instance and spent literally all my early iron for pumps and pipes: I pumped all the gas I could find to the surface into a tank using the 15 pipes -> pump -> 15 pipes pattern. I successfully smelted up some stuff when suddenly all my pumps and my tank exploded. I have no idea what happened since there is no real documentation and am pretty much at the point where I'm just gonna burn it all up again. Is there any point to keep trying or is it just not worth the effort?

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
IMO piping and using Glenn's gasses back to your base just isn't worth it. It's too bad because it's a cool idea, but I just don't see how to make it worthwhile with the current mod. It would be nice if you could gather a tank worth from below while mining and then bring the whole tank back, but that defeats his idea of piping the gas up.

And... don't you need 16 pipes and then a pump? Haven't done it myself but I thought that's what I read once. Also I think @Batch2 figured out that you could put a feedback loop on the pump to keep it stable or something. Would have to check around on his old videos to try to find it again though.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
IMO piping and using Glenn's gasses back to your base just isn't worth it. It's too bad because it's a cool idea, but I just don't see how to make it worthwhile with the current mod. It would be nice if you could gather a tank worth from below while mining and then bring the whole tank back, but that defeats his idea of piping the gas up.

And... don't you need 16 pipes and then a pump? Haven't done it myself but I thought that's what I read once. Also I think @Batch2 figured out that you could put a feedback loop on the pump to keep it stable or something. Would have to check around on his old videos to try to find it again though.
I haven't been playing much BnB latley as I found a pack that I enjoy without the lag, but I was building mines that would allow me to use the gas. In short, branch mines considerably taller than normal truncating in a central "hub". I used the lighter than air property of the gas to collect it in a central location near my base. I never did get the furnace working but that's cause I play hardcore and generally only get so far down the tech tree before something "unfortunate" occurs.

I've been able to collect rather large pockets without the need for extensive piping systems, but I can't give allot of advice as to how to get the pipping systems working properly.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I apologise to all of my Patreons and players waiting for me to get some things done.

If you haven't been paying attention to my Twitter, I had a bit of a pc issue this last weekend. My psu decided to erupt in a nice blue shower of sparks that was a loud enough explosion to wake up my entire family. None of my sensor alarms went off, so I'm still confused as to why (it's only 2years old.)
After scrounging around my house, I found a spare psu that had enough wattage to run my pc and swapped them out. Unfortunately, the original psu going out the way it did caused other damage either the mb or processor. At this time, I am dead in the water as far as dev work goes. I can only do so much from my phone.

That said, the parts for my new pc should be here on the 8th. After I do some prime95 and other tests, I will be doing some extended hour dev days to make up for this week's loss.

Reactions: tetshio

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I hear about your pc fire on the 1.7 packs thread. That's kinda crazy. I mean I've had a psu die on me before, but not like that. At least it sounds like the issue was contained to your pc, and you didn't have to worry about a house fire or anything. And as I see it, there's no need to overburden yourself to try and make up for something that's not your fault.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any advice on how to get disturbed cotton? I've been into the spirit world 6 times, and so far all I can do is run around like a mad man. I mean the nightmare is RIGHT on my tail the entire time, so it's not like I can even really try and look around. This last time I at least found a village, so now I have a torch. But beyond that, it's kinda aggravating that it seems like there is nothing I can do. I mean as I understand it I can't even kill it.

Edit: Never mind, finally found a biome that it spawned in and was able to get myself some :-D

Last edited:

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014

Well theoretically you can pick the tank up with the block mover from random things, but as you said: that defeats somehow the spirit of the mod.

It might also be that you can stick 16 pipes between pumps but the way I read it was every 16th block should be a pump. Well I gave it up anyway, there's so much coal in the nether I don't need to be cheap on fuel any more

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
I apologise to all of my Patreons and players waiting for me to get some things done.

If you haven't been paying attention to my Twitter, I had a bit of a pc issue this last weekend. My psu decided to erupt in a nice blue shower of sparks that was a loud enough explosion to wake up my entire family. None of my sensor alarms went off, so I'm still confused as to why (it's only 2years old.)
After scrounging around my house, I found a spare psu that had enough wattage to run my pc and swapped them out. Unfortunately, the original psu going out the way it did caused other damage either the mb or processor. At this time, I am dead in the water as far as dev work goes. I can only do so much from my phone.

That said, the parts for my new pc should be here on the 8th. After I do some prime95 and other tests, I will be doing some extended hour dev days to make up for this week's loss.
just happy no one was hurt and the damage was contained to the computer. while I am one of the anxiously waiting fans, I pretty much figure that when it does get completed it will be totally worth the wait. take care and best wishes :)

BlackburnFox

Jul 29, 2019

Here we go this is the episode you're talking about
Right around the 1:50 mark he explains the feedback loop and everything even going as far as saying it works pretty quick, however later on in his series if I remember correctly he puts the whole setup away replacing it with other machines.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019

*Sympathy Hug*

Johncrition

Jul 29, 2019
I apologize if this has been asked already, but i've exhausted the powers of my google-fu.

So, I want to try and grow plants in the biomes they need (primarily forest and plains) but I cannot seem to find any vanilla versions of those two biomes. Is there a list, or does anyone know, what biomes o' plenty biomes are the vanilla equivalent for purposes of growing crops faster?

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
I apologize if this has been asked already, but i've exhausted the powers of my google-fu.

So, I want to try and grow plants in the biomes they need (primarily forest and plains) but I cannot seem to find any vanilla versions of those two biomes. Is there a list, or does anyone know, what biomes o' plenty biomes are the vanilla equivalent for purposes of growing crops faster?
https://github.com/Crudedragos/JustAnotherSpawner/wiki/Example-Configuration-Files I had actually looked up the same. About a third of the way down you'll see 'attribute types'. Biomes are linked to those types, some with multiple types. Example is Grassland, which is both plains and swamp.

BlackburnFox

Jul 29, 2019
Hey can anyone give me an estimate on how often nickel spawns and its depth? Through my entire play through so far I've yet to run into any.

Johncrition

Jul 29, 2019

BlackburnFox

Jul 29, 2019
Okay aaaaaand thanks to nether portal crashing, my world managed to get deleted. Anyone know of a way to possibly get it back?