Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
When I put iron, gun powder, bone meal and sand in my high oven, all I get is molten iron. Do those components not work for steel in this pack?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure, never tried that. I've always used gunpowder, redstone, and sand.

Steel works seems unfinished in some ways. Does it make anything besides steel? Is limestone used for anything? I use it until I get TE machines running.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
according to the steelworks book, yes, bonemeal should work. The whole point of trying to make steal was to make flint and steel so I could ignite my portal to go to the nether to get redstone... but a video I watched was talking about using a firecharge to ignite it, so I'm just gonna do that.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Or explore dungeons for flint and steel in chests.[DOUBLEPOST=1406341130][/DOUBLEPOST]And you can find redstone in some of the dungeon rooms. Even on just the first level.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, except that generally speaking, by the time I've made it to a room in a rogue dungeon, it's been decimated by monsters...

shadoweye404

Jul 29, 2019
according to the steelworks book, yes, bonemeal should work. The whole point of trying to make steal was to make flint and steel so I could ignite my portal to go to the nether to get redstone... but a video I watched was talking about using a firecharge to ignite it, so I'm just gonna do that.
there is also the way to put some wood near where portal blocks would be and ignite it with lava

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, except that generally speaking, by the time I've made it to a room in a rogue dungeon, it's been decimated by monsters...
If i'm out exploring i'll sometimes just clear level one. Usually only a couple of spawners to deal with. Level 2 however, i wait until i at least have a set of armor ready, and a couple of spare sets for when i die :)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
My early steel has always been made from chainmaile. particularly if you are clearing out a roguelike you should be able to build a kill room/grinder around a zombie/skeleton spawner. One of the nice things about spawners not being sensitive to light is that you won't need to deal with micro, or doom creepers in your grinder.

Duplo52

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an issue with Tic Bows not letting you upgrade the tool rods? when repaired to full it still doesnt work.

EDIT: Tested it more on creative and seems to not like upgrading using M3 metals. Copper, Iron, Steel, and Wood seem to work fine though. Is this intended?

Last edited:

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to decide which is less lethal right now, exploring the nether, or a dungeon... Either way I realized that to get into the Thermal Expansion machines, I need a diamond draw plate... curse you evil one... I LOVE IT! None of the packs I've played have had this level of tweaking or integration. You put a lot of work and effort into it, and it shows. It doesn't feel like it's just a mod pack with stuff thrown together, it feels like everything is meant to be together. But anyway, diamonds. I was gonna use the gas furnace to make diamonds, but I'm having issues. I put in a stack of coal, it runs for quite a while, the progress bar eventually fills up, then it stalls for a moment, then suddenly just starts smelting all the coal into graphite. I was using green gas, if that matters. Did I miss a step? It's kinda hard to find info about this mod online. Or is it perhaps just disabled in this pack?

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an issue with Tic Bows not letting you upgrade the tool rods? when repaired to full it still doesnt work.

EDIT: Tested it more on creative and seems to not like upgrading using M3 metals. Copper, Iron, Steel, and Wood seem to work fine though. Is this intended?
Metal rods for the bow are a bad idea anyway. They make the draw speed much slower. Also the +damage in the tooltip refers to actually hitting something with the bow in melee (left-click), not to shooting them.

I believe you want slime rods for fast arrow speed and fast drawback. Then redstone for faster draw and maybe knockback if you choose. Then you make some sweet arrows and I think(?) apply quartz to them to up their damage. Just been looking into TiC bows a bit myself and that's what I've come up with so far.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to decide which is less lethal right now, exploring the nether, or a dungeon... Either way I realized that to get into the Thermal Expansion machines, I need a diamond draw plate... curse you evil one... I LOVE IT! None of the packs I've played have had this level of tweaking or integration. You put a lot of work and effort into it, and it shows. It doesn't feel like it's just a mod pack with stuff thrown together, it feels like everything is meant to be together. But anyway, diamonds. I was gonna use the gas furnace to make diamonds, but I'm having issues. I put in a stack of coal, it runs for quite a while, the progress bar eventually fills up, then it stalls for a moment, then suddenly just starts smelting all the coal into graphite. I was using green gas, if that matters. Did I miss a step? It's kinda hard to find info about this mod online. Or is it perhaps just disabled in this pack?
Glad you're enjoying the pack. I love it too. I'm hearing the term "gamepack" instead of "modpack" for packs like this one now. It's more than just a bunch of mods packed together, it's a game conversion.

As far as diamonds, I don't believe the Glenn's Gasses thing works in this pack. You'll need to dig really low in the overworld, or find Nether Diamond in the nether (of course). I've had more luck in the Nether, but the ores were fixed a bit in 1.1.2 and my world is from 1.1.1. G'luck finding them! It's a major block and huge step to get into machines.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Ha, that's what that was... I had one of those in one of my worlds. It was below ground though, and could only be seen when he was facing particular directions. It was annoying, but couldn't hurt me, so I never really looked into it, lol.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

In 1.13 I've found diamonds as high as level 28, really surprised me. I got about 7 that way, before finding some more in the nether. Higher chance of finding them in the nether, and better/more ores while looking than overworld. Increased chance of death.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm gonna make myself some iron armor and go dungeon delving a little, see how that goes. Then I'll go pop into the nether for a bit and see what I can get there. Sadly my portal on that side is in a pretty crappy location, lol.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I had it before the latest version. But good to know. I'm just glad the hungry zombies are gone. When every other zombie i came across regenerated it was kinda a pain in the ass...

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.13 I've found diamonds as high as level 28, really surprised me. I got about 7 that way, before finding some more in the nether. Higher chance of finding them in the nether, and better/more ores while looking than overworld. Increased chance of death.
Yeah, checking the ore gen spreadsheet, it looks like it spawns all the way up to 33, but a pretty small chance of it above 8. Still pretty cool to be just mining around 20 or 30 and suddenly... Diamonds! :)

Last edited: