Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I actually don't mind them, just makes me build differently. We were just surprised when the first group of them came over the hill this morning and attacked one of us :)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Get BnB updated to MC 1.7.10 and the ticking world crashes from traveling to/from the nether "should" be fixed since Mojang fixed that issue. (https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-3583) Hop to it. :D

Sure, right after I get done starting drama for stating my opinion that I don't like pulling mods from Jenkins. I swear, some people are just looking for a witch hunt all day long. :(

Is it intended for the Mattock to completely break still on its last use?

No. It's a bug with the damage multiplier for use. I think I can fix this.

Also, please don't quote random things from months ago. Iguana is not even the current maintainer of the mod.

You should add enviromine, to this pack

Enviromine was in the early 1.6 alpha builds.

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
Just like to add my voice to say since 1.1.3 when ever someone returns through the nether portal, the server crashes. This is on a private Nitros server we pay for.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I am also having fun with the nether, on the pledge server.

First time to the nether, i look around, mine a little, come back to belphs in the house. A few dozen deaths and we clear the area, disable the portal, build a safty room around it. Go back in, mine, return and...

I'm 300 blocks away at level 31 of a dungeon with hordes of poisonous spiders dropping down, and then waiting for me return to the nether.

Is this random "FTB decides to make a nether portal elsewhere, or are those part of dungeons now?

And to realign my portal, I need to find exact spot of mine in the nether, build portal, activate, destroy old in the nether, die, then go back in from mine in overworld?
I think disabling the other one would mean clearing the dungeon. :(

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, right after I get done starting drama for stating my opinion that I don't like pulling mods from Jenkins. I swear, some people are just looking for a witch hunt all day long. :(
How dare you express a personal opinion!

PS: Jenkins sucks.

Digdug

Jul 29, 2019

Another option, if you don't mind dying a few times to actually succeed trying this:

Go through portal in your base.
Go through portal in nether to get sent to the wrong portal.
Break the wrong portal so the nether doesn't send back to it

It might not be that fun to actually try to get this done, though. :)

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is an issue with the minimap. I just updated to 1.1.3 and my whole minimap is empty (including the big map on "M" button). I tried R to regenerate but its not working. What is more weird is that its generating only a few blocks around me (circle of 13 block radius) even if I have my view distance to far and I can see much more in game.

On above image you can see that minimap only reaches to small lake left from cursor and not further.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is an issue with the minimap. I just updated to 1.1.3 and my whole minimap is empty (including the big map on "M" button). I tried R to regenerate but its not working. What is more weird is that its generating only a few blocks around me (circle of 13 block radius) even if I have my view distance to far and I can see much more in game.

On above image you can see that minimap only reaches to small lake left from cursor and not further.

Press U to take the map out of underground mode.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I am also having fun with the nether, on the pledge server.

First time to the nether, i look around, mine a little, come back to belphs in the house. A few dozen deaths and we clear the area, disable the portal, build a safty room around it. Go back in, mine, return and...

I'm 300 blocks away at level 31 of a dungeon with hordes of poisonous spiders dropping down, and then waiting for me return to the nether.

Is this random "FTB decides to make a nether portal elsewhere, or are those part of dungeons now?

And to realign my portal, I need to find exact spot of mine in the nether, build portal, activate, destroy old in the nether, die, then go back in from mine in overworld?
did you happen to notice.... before the spiders killed you if the new portal was a standalone like the game would create? I'm wondering if the obsidian in the rougelike randomly created the correct sized opening and that a spark managed to ignite it. to your knowledge where you ever near enough to the rougelike to load the chunk?

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
Press U to take the map out of underground mode.
thx, it worked.

edit: I also have one more issue, there may be a bug with mob spawning rates. Currently its impossible to enter the nether without creative mode cose I am instantly dying before even the world fully loads. On the other side of the portal there is always about 50 Belph (the mob that looks like thing form doom) crowded in a 2x1 block space and the are all instantly aggroed on me.

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
did you happen to notice.... before the spiders killed you if the new portal was a standalone like the game would create? I'm wondering if the obsidian in the rougelike randomly created the correct sized opening and that a spark managed to ignite it. to your knowledge where you ever near enough to the rougelike to load the chunk?

Ha! yes, chunk is loaded, it's the Tower Eyamaz uses for a base :) Definitely loaded. The portal is down 40 levels and out a bit into the ocean.

I also wonder if a spark turned random obsidian doorway into a portal. I went into the dungeon with the portal a dozen times, trying to kill spiders and wall off the portal so I could destroy it. Sadly, spiders are constantly spawning and dropping. Even armor isn't going to help when you have 4 of the suckers attacking and poisoning you. I'm limited in metals for armor, and of course, boosted damascus steel picks.

I may just go down to level 31 at my base, and tunnel under the ocean to that bit of the dungeon, try to work around it until i can isolate the spot with the portal and break it. Need to mine at that level anyway, might as well do a freeway to the dungeon.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Ha! yes, chunk is loaded, it's the Tower Eyamaz uses for a base :) Definitely loaded. The portal is down 40 levels and out a bit into the ocean.

I also wonder if a spark turned random obsidian doorway into a portal. I went into the dungeon with the portal a dozen times, trying to kill spiders and wall off the portal so I could destroy it. Sadly, spiders are constantly spawning and dropping. Even armor isn't going to help when you have 4 of the suckers attacking and poisoning you. I'm limited in metals for armor, and of course, boosted damascus steel picks.

I may just go down to level 31 at my base, and tunnel under the ocean to that bit of the dungeon, try to work around it until i can isolate the spot with the portal and break it. Need to mine at that level anyway, might as well do a freeway to the dungeon.
How are you enjoying the fact that water buckets no longer break them? :p