Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure this is the thread for it, but I have an idea for the pack. A different map than Opis? From what I've seen, even with updates, Opis eats up a lot of processing power, and causes Minecraft to hang often. Maybe it's just me though, or there's options that cuts down the draw Opis uses.

Reactions: PODonnell

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure this is the thread for it, but I have an idea for the pack. A different map than Opis? From what I've seen, even with updates, Opis eats up a lot of processing power, and causes Minecraft to hang often. Maybe it's just me though, or there's options that cuts down the draw Opis uses.
Opis is a mod that let's you easily profile Minecraft. MapWriter is what does the minimap. I think you can pretty safely disable Opis.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
It's a little confusing because Opis actually includes MapWriter as part of the Opis mod. Opis is indeed a performance profiling mod, but because it's integrated with MapWriter, you get the map with it. Also, I think Prof. Mobius updated MapWriter when he did the Opis integration. I don't know if the stand-alone MapWriter ever got updated or not.

As to @Luaithel's thought on maps: MapWriter/Opis never cause crashes for me and I haven't heard about that type of issue before. JourneyMap and Zan's are the two other main ones in FTB packs, but they both allow you to see mobs on the minimap and have better cave mapping. Both make the pack easier than intended.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
JourneyMap and Zan's are the two other main ones in FTB packs, but they both allow you to see mobs on the minimap and have better cave mapping. Both make the pack easier than intended.

Opis allows to see invaders, is it intended?

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
It's a little confusing because Opis actually includes MapWriter as part of the Opis mod. Opis is indeed a performance profiling mod, but because it's integrated with MapWriter, you get the map with it. Also, I think Prof. Mobius updated MapWriter when he did the Opis integration. I don't know if the stand-alone MapWriter ever got updated or not.

As to @Luaithel's thought on maps: MapWriter/Opis never cause crashes for me and I haven't heard about that type of issue before. JourneyMap and Zan's are the two other main ones in FTB packs, but they both allow you to see mobs on the minimap and have better cave mapping. Both make the pack easier than intended.
It's not so much that Opis ends up crashing Minecraft, it just seems to pull a lot more resources than normal for operation, and constantly builds how much it needs. I've had other packs with opis steadily become more and more laggy until I restarted the client.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
It's not so much that Opis ends up crashing Minecraft, it just seems to pull a lot more resources than normal for operation, and constantly builds how much it needs. I've had other packs with opis steadily become more and more laggy until I restarted the client.
Strange, I've never experienced this problem with Opis.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
soooo, its going to be a minute on 1.2.

I'm doing a complete rewrite of the progression and recipe balances. at this point I am less than 20% done.
boo.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if I've found a solution against the invader portal (1.1.2) without entering it, but I built up, pours lava on top of it, left the area, and since then haven't met any invaders. I guess I'll be back when 1.2 comes out since I've gotten the grasp of Hardcore.

shadoweye404

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if I've found a solution against the invader portal (1.1.2) without entering it, but I built up, pours lava on top of it, left the area, and since then haven't met any invaders. I guess I'll be back when 1.2 comes out since I've gotten the grasp of Hardcore.
you can use bucket of water in the top 2 blocks of the portal

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

I'm doing a complete rewrite of the progression and recipe balances. at this point I am less than 20% done.
boo.
Load the minions mod. Make minions. Stack two minions up, dress them in a trenchcoat, send them off to do your real job. Rest can make you pots of coffee every 10 minutes.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019

boo.
Now that's a lot closer to what I expected. Not sure why you said this weekend in the first place. :p

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Now that's a lot closer to what I expected. Not sure why you said this weekend in the first place. :p
I think he is in league with my wife. I tried to do everything around and under the house to earn some extra game time over the weekend. Then got rewarded with doing ebay and paperwork :)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
well, I would have had it done, except my son demanded more time than normal. he gets what he wants (most of the time :D)

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
well, I would have had it done, except my son demanded more time than normal. he gets what he wants (most of the time :D)
I know the feeling. My wife swung by the shop to pick up some paperwork, my twin 8 year olds started yelling about hunger, a need for gumballs, chick nuggets, and comic books. Suddenly i have the two cute little hellions for the next few hours and we made a trip to Chick Fila before they grabbed books off the rack and setup shop in a corner of my store.

Time for kids is always a good reason to put off the rest of life.

Vermatrax

Jul 29, 2019
Currently doing Witchery on a small private server with friends. It seems that due to the vanilla Iron sword recipe being disabled you can not do the Witchery Ritual of Necromancy. Has anyone found a way around this? We thought maybe a zombie would drop an iron sword but after about 5000 zombies we have still not seen one.