Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
@hellpox
I'm running 1.1.2 and after several hours of searching I can confirm villages do spawn without BoP. Best to just search by boat right after having a food source (Found several dungeons and cauldrons with iron so skipped the early TiC grind). But yes they are very rare... (started at x:200 y:300 found village at x:1900 y:3200)
I didn't make it clear in that post, but we were talking about villages spawning in the spirit / dream world. It's a different dimension from Witchery. Yes they spawn in the overworld with or without BoP, but current guess is that they don't spawn in the dream world unless you have BoP enabled. (But it's still just a guess)

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
We also found temples mirrored the overworld[DOUBLEPOST=1404236975][/DOUBLEPOST]Anesos have u guys stopped doing videos on your server for the A B Si show?

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
I must have been lucky... No BoP, had a village close to spawn (but far enough away to not get eaten at night eventually). It was in the same place in the spirit world. 1.1.2.

Though after having made a black steel pick and starting to level it up, at the current rate it looks like it's going to take several hours of mining before I'll be able to get any of the higher tier fantasy ores. Is it a bug, am I doing something wrong, or is this behaving as intended? The pick was made by upgrading the same pick I've been using for most of the game (though I made a separate Many one and upgraded this directly from cobalt). It has a repair and lots of speed modifications. It's been over a week since I actually played it because I can't stand the thought of that much grinding and only getting the basic ores during that time.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
we boosted ours through three tiers last nite- from black steel to adamantine in a couple of hours. it really doesn't take that long

redcom9

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't make it clear in that post, but we were talking about villages spawning in the spirit / dream world. It's a different dimension from Witchery. Yes they spawn in the overworld with or without BoP, but current guess is that they don't spawn in the dream world unless you have BoP enabled. (But it's still just a guess)
Yea I meant in the dream world too. Too dangerous to do such far exploring in the overworld...

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Eyamaz, I was just wondering, once you get the mods, is there a specific way to place them in? I have tried everything, but it doesn't seem to work, can you help me by putting a little link to how the mods are supposed to be ordered if they are?

P.S. I play on a mac, so there may be a slight configuration needed, also I am on the 1.6.4 version of your amazing modpack.

Just let me know, Thanks!

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Eyamaz, I was just wondering, once you get the mods, is there a specific way to place them in? I have tried everything, but it doesn't seem to work, can you help me by putting a little link to how the mods are supposed to be ordered if they are?

P.S. I play on a mac, so there may be a slight configuration needed, also I am on the 1.6.4 version of your amazing modpack.

Just let me know, Thanks!
You shouldn't have to do that at all. The bnb modpack is on the FTB launcher, it does all the work for you. Many of the mods are tweaked quite a bit. You want to load it off the ftb site, just loading individual mods will not work correctly.

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
We also found temples mirrored the overworld[DOUBLEPOST=1404236975][/DOUBLEPOST]Anesos have u guys stopped doing videos on your server for the A B Si show?

It has been hard to get them done, between some myself moving across country a couple of weeks ago and still not settled in well enough to set up regular recording times and some server hosting issues along with Batch being pretty busy as well. We're still trying to get stuff set up as we can. Sorry guys if you're missing out!

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody made a ME system in this pack yet? I started looking into it and it looks like you need massive amounts of Dragon's Essence now (whatever that is) along with Platinum and Orchilium. I am not sure why the recipe difficulty was increased so much on this... seems like the constant power drain and materials already in the recipes (diamonds, tons of iron and redstone, certus quartz, etc) would be enough. Especially for something that doesn't give you any in-game advantage besides making it easier to find stuff.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody made a ME system in this pack yet? I started looking into it and it looks like you need massive amounts of Dragon's Essence now (whatever that is) along with Platinum and Orchilium. I am not sure why the recipe difficulty was increased so much on this... seems like the constant power drain and materials already in the recipes (diamonds, tons of iron and redstone, certus quartz, etc) would be enough. Especially for something that doesn't give you any in-game advantage besides making it easier to find stuff.

You have no clue as to how powerful an ME system is, especially combined with any form of auto mining/farming. The amount of power it consumes is trivial compared to the auto processing it adds.
A fully set up, automate all the with AE is the ultimate "I survived to live in comfort," to this pack. Every other pack shoots for automate ASAP.

shadoweye404

Jul 29, 2019
fA6VAwX.png

some weird mob rendering(?) bug

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
fA6VAwX.png

some weird mob rendering(?) bug
Yup, you've got a hungry spider... There broken somehow, and always seem to show up huge. So huge in fact that they glitch out and disappear from view depending on exactly what angle you look at them from.

You can get rid of it with "/opis_killall Hungry Spider".

shadoweye404

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, you've got a hungry spider... There broken somehow, and always seem to show up huge. So huge in fact that they glitch out and disappear from view depending on exactly what angle you look at them from.

You can get rid of it with "/opis_killall Hungry Spider".
i think that 1.1.2 broke them because i recently updated and had killed them before

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
You have no clue as to how powerful an ME system is, especially combined with any form of auto mining/farming. The amount of power it consumes is trivial compared to the auto processing it adds.
A fully set up, automate all the with AE is the ultimate "I survived to live in comfort," to this pack. Every other pack shoots for automate ASAP.
I'd still like to see the basic storage as early-mid game (Nether?), the crafting terminal as mid-game (Fantasy Ores?), and then save the crazy auto-crafting stuff until the end.

Early on, gathering materials and dealing with the constant power drain will force you to be a bit clever about how to hook it up and how much space you create. Later you progress enough to make the power drain trivial, but then the challenge is to get the fantasy metals to upgrade to the crafting terminal. Then yeah, end, dragon, life of luxury, etc... :)

My 2 cents at least.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I'd still like to see the basic storage as early-mid game (Nether?), the crafting terminal as mid-game (Fantasy Ores?), and then save the crazy auto-crafting stuff until the end.

Early on, gathering materials and dealing with the constant power drain will force you to be a bit clever about how to hook it up and how much space you create. Later you progress enough to make the power drain trivial, but then the challenge is to get the fantasy metals to upgrade to the crafting terminal. Then yeah, end, dragon, life of luxury, etc... :)

My 2 cents at least.
I could only agree with this if the power drain was boosted to a point where you would need to use a huge amount of effort to keep it operational.

Why is everyone obsessed with having all their storage in a few blocks anyways? Visually it's unimpressive and logically it's insane. Even at its current super end game position, it seems way OP for a pack which is supposed to be difficult. Maybe if we had only the storage bus instead of the ME drive so that it just connected all chests to a central hub block it would make more sense.

Jul 29, 2019
You shouldn't have to do that at all. The bnb modpack is on the FTB launcher, it does all the work for you. Many of the mods are tweaked quite a bit. You want to load it off the ftb site, just loading individual mods will not work correctly.

Can you post the link, because I can't access it. Or upload a document containing it?

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
No BOP installed here & no villages in the spirit world, I am assuming overworld is going to be the same as the spirit world I haven't explored there nearly as much though, because night time.
@hellpox
I'm running 1.1.2 and after several hours of searching I can confirm villages do spawn without BoP. Best to just search by boat right after having a food source (Found several dungeons and cauldrons with iron so skipped the early TiC grind). But yes they are very rare... (started at x:200 y:300 found village at x:1900 y:3200)

redcom9 already confirmed finding a village in 1.1.2, but I also ran a test (in 1.1.1) creating a new world both with BoP installed and without. I used the seed "Village?" and luckily enough that spawned me right next to a village to start. On both worlds I drank the brew of sleep while standing in the village in the overworld, and in both cases I was standing in the village when I made it to the dream world.

@Boundary and anyone else having this problem, are you sure they are not appearing in the spirit world, or you just haven't found any yet? I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen anyone confirm that they checked against a known location of a village from the overworld. Perhaps you've just been unlucky so far with your world gen, or maybe accidentally turned generate structures off. Also, I believe they are only (or at least mostly) found in plains and desert, in case that helps limit where you look.