Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Parnelli

Jul 29, 2019
Well if it isn't intentional that would be the question. Trying to break a tree, or sand, gravel, etc. with my bare hands doesn't work. You just take one swing at it and stop. I started a new test world to see if something was broken and I could still break trees with my bare hands there.[DOUBLEPOST=1404156483][/DOUBLEPOST]I am running 1.1.0

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Well if it isn't intentional that would be the question. Trying to break a tree, or sand, gravel, etc. with my bare hands doesn't work. You just take one swing at it and stop. I started a new test world to see if something was broken and I could still break trees with my bare hands there.[DOUBLEPOST=1404156483][/DOUBLEPOST]I am running 1.1.0
Did you maybe get yourself into adventure mode accidentally?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
So from what I've read in the forum, until an alternate ender chest recipe pops in the spirit world I have to trade for an eye of ender and TC up a bit to get obsidian. But since I can't break trees I have no idea how to get started. Can someone give me a hint?

Something weird going on then. Spirit world is pretty much an exact copy of overworld, and things work the same. You be able to break trees, mine, etc.

kaocrat

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any point in going into the Deep Dark? I finally built a portal there because I thought it was the way to find the next tier of metals but apparently everything is in the dream world now? Also somewhat related: every time I die in the Deep Dark, my game crashes. Anyone else experiencing this?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I think the deep dark is a decent place for diamonds and ores, as there isnt the problems with gasses, just the fun of making the portal, the extra mobs, and the dark fighting back.

Pocket987

Jul 29, 2019
The new config is in the 1.1.2 release. If you have 1.1.1 (which is still the recommended one in the launcher), you'll want to get the updated config file.
the new config is not in the 1.1.2 release, I am running 1.1.2 and the config formula is the old one: S:food.modifier.formula=MAX(0, (1 - count/12))^MAX(0, food_hunger_value-ROUND(MAX(0, 1 - count/12), 0))

I was just wondering if that was intentional.

Edit: nevermind I was running reccomended

Last edited:

hellpox

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody confirm that villagers do occur in the Spirit World? I've been wandering around that for a long time (so I can try to get an enderpearl to make an ender chest...) and NO villages so far

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody confirm that villagers do occur in the Spirit World? I've been wandering around that for a long time (so I can try to get an enderpearl to make an ender chest...) and NO villages so far
I can confirm it in 1.1.1. Just did it yesterday in fact.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
@hellpox @silentrob

Do you have Biomes O' Plenty enabled or disabled?
Did you generate with the default world gen or something else?

I know @Batch_2 didn't have a mirror of his overworld village in the dream world, but others apparently do. Just wondering if it's got something to do with BoP or world gen options. Or maybe it's just random...

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
@hellpox @silentrob

Do you have Biomes O' Plenty enabled or disabled?
Did you generate with the default world gen or something else?

I know @Batch_2 didn't have a mirror of his overworld village in the dream world, but others apparently do. Just wondering if it's got something to do with BoP or world gen options. Or maybe it's just random...

BoP occurred to me just after I wrote that too. I have BoP installed, but I used default world gen.

hellpox

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the answer guys... Anesos, I dont have BoP enabled
Btw I do like your videos.. Do miss new ones
Regars

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
So Batch_2 and hellpox both don't have BoP enabled and can't find villages. Silentrob does have BoP on and can find villages. Not quite conclusive, but seems likely that you need BoP enabled to get villages in the dream world.

BTW, I think the whole villager ender eye for ender chest thingy is going to change in 1.2 anyway...?... So a short-term, but very real, issue. Probably have to wait for 1.2, cheat something in, or make your own recipe in minetweaker to progress. Also, I heard that "nice" dreams won't be quite so nice anymore soon. :)

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
So Batch_2 and hellpox both don't have BoP enabled and can't find villages. Silentrob does have BoP on and can find villages. Not quite conclusive, but seems likely that you need BoP enabled to get villages in the dream world.

BTW, I think the whole villager ender eye for ender chest thingy is going to change in 1.2 anyway...?... So a short-term, but very real, issue. Probably have to wait for 1.2, cheat something in, or make your own recipe in minetweaker to progress. Also, I heard that "nice" dreams won't be quite so nice anymore soon. :)
One other potential difference is I'm on a server, and it's on java 8. BoP is still the more likely culprit so far, but who knows...

As much as the good dream was a nice reprieve for a bit, it does seem a little too easy. I'm definitely looking forward to all 1.2 has to offer!

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
No BOP installed here & no villages in the spirit world, I am assuming overworld is going to be the same as the spirit world I haven't explored there nearly as much though, because night time.

I agree with silentrob though, the good dream is a nice break for a few minutes then everything becomes a little tame, as crazy as it may sound I miss looking over my shoulder all the time. An update to that would be appreciated :)

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
i just really hope eyamaz can find a way to turn zombie awareness "scent" back ON. i feel a void w/o it. like that really set the tone of the modpack.

maybe i'm wrong... i feel a massive difference w/o it. i feel difficulty has dropped dramatically from my experience. without it, it's far too easy to just walk outside my base when the sun comes up. i also see almost no aggression coming from the mobs in the dungeon. feels a little vanilla w/o that scent to draw them in.

really, w/o it, the most dangerous stuff is probably gas and annoying silverfish. never anything else.

hellpox

Jul 29, 2019
I do like the peace in the spirit world. It is nice to be able to experience both the Hardcore and the quiet atmospheres

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else, after switching to another pack for a short break, find themselves reacting in "strange" ways to things like breaking coal ore.

redcom9

Jul 29, 2019

@hellpox
I'm running 1.1.2 and after several hours of searching I can confirm villages do spawn without BoP. Best to just search by boat right after having a food source (Found several dungeons and cauldrons with iron so skipped the early TiC grind). But yes they are very rare... (started at x:200 y:300 found village at x:1900 y:3200)