Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Welcome2fail

Jul 29, 2019
HOW DO YOU DOWN LODE THIS MOD?!?!?!?? I CANT FIND THE LINK! Some one help me ples[DOUBLEPOST=1403997459][/DOUBLEPOST]nevermind
FIRST FAIL

Jul 29, 2019

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
So Anesos posted a great reply to my same type of question and I found this very helpful

A video by Batch_2

as well as

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kqZDSHk9JkPI3lC5XgmrHqbsnhytdh3oLDltR1qTyCw/

and this post from superckl

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tlwjth02naOhdKKUjsQYE_w/htmlview?pli=1#gid=603908831

hope this helps...but then again you are playing Blood and Bones
Keep in mind this might change in 1.2 since Eyamaz is "rebalancing all the things"

Reactions: Blood&Scott&Bones

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
That rain mod sounds interesting. Doesn't really add much other than another RNG death/inconvenience occurence, but since we mostly stay inside when it's raining anyway, it's not too big a deal. Just hope you're not outside when it starts raining, especially since technically "rain" in Minecraft starts before you have any visual cue that it is in fact raining, so you'll probably just randomly get poisoned. If Eyamaz wants more RNG stuff in the pack, it fits perfectly.

Unrelated, I recently got around to playing 1.1.2, and can I just say that the food overlay is awesome? 'Cause it's pretty awesome. Seriously great work @squeek502.

I also noticed that in 1.1.2, despite CreeperCollateral being enabled and the block drop rate set to 0.0, explosions are still dropping blocks. Some foods also aren't having the nerfs properly applied it seems. I ate an Imp Chop and despite it visually showing in the overlay that it would only fill half a hunger point, it filled as much as it would have unnerfed. Reinstalled the pack just to make sure, so hopefully that's not all on my end.

Reactions: squeek502

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Some foods also aren't having the nerfs properly applied it seems. I ate an Imp Chop and despite it visually showing in the overlay that it would only fill half a hunger point, it filled as much as it would have unnerfed. Reinstalled the pack just to make sure, so hopefully that's not all on my end.
Some foods will do that. It's frustrating seeing just how many different ways that various mods implement foods. Some intentionally avoid using the 'standard' way, which can trick my mod into showing incorrect values. I'll look into that food, specifically, as it probably needs a special case (see here for the special cases that the mod currently handles).

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
Some foods will do that. It's frustrating seeing just how many different ways that various mods implement foods. Some intentionally avoid using the 'standard' way, which can trick my mod into showing incorrect values. I'll look into that food, specifically, as it probably needs a special case (see here for the special cases that the mod currently handles).
Ah, good to hear it's just an isolated case. That's gotta be fun dealing the new and creative ways people circumvent the standard system haha. Just for clarification's sake (though I'm sure you would easily find it searching "imp") I meant "Cooked Imphide" rather than "Imp Chop" as my memory guessed at when I posted that. May by extension affect the Raw Imphide. Thanks for looking into it!

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, good to hear it's just an isolated case. That's gotta be fun dealing the new and creative ways people circumvent the standard system haha. Just for clarification's sake (though I'm sure you would easily find it searching "imp") I meant "Cooked Imphide" rather than "Imp Chop" as my memory guessed at when I posted that. May by extension affect the Raw Imphide. Thanks for looking into it!
Will be fixed in the next version.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
was the spice of life config change back to the old version intentional?
The new config is in the 1.1.2 release. If you have 1.1.1 (which is still the recommended one in the launcher), you'll want to get the updated config file.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
At this time, you need an ender chest. So...make a smelter, mine, work up to a pick that can get obsidian...Find a village, see if they sell eye of ender. If not, start building doors and houses until you grow a villager who does. Make ender chest.

Or....wait until the next update, where you will have the choice of 1) using a new recipe for the chest 2) Taking a pitchfork and joining the rabid mob if Eyamaz forgets to put it in :)
I think I may have to join the pitchfork mob crew here :p (joking eyemaz)

I have searched for hours now & no sign of a village in my spirit world, unless I am missing something there is no way to create a village without villagers or zombie villagers?

Dodara87

Jul 29, 2019
I think I may have to join the pitchfork mob crew here :p (joking eyemaz)

I have searched for hours now & no sign of a village in my spirit world, unless I am missing something there is no way to create a village without villagers or zombie villagers?
I think that villages mirror their position in overworld? So if you know one village in overworld it should be in same position in dream world?

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
I think that villages mirror their position in overworld? So if you know one village in overworld it should be in same position in dream world?
Thanks for the reply. As there are no mobs, it's muuuuuch easier to explore the spirit world or dream world or whatever its called. So I did hours of exploring with only hunger or natural derps to worry about, I haven't died & am still in that dimension so I can keep exploring for hours more, it just didn't feel like it was playing out as intended & that perhaps I was missing something. Don't get me wrong having gotten this far I am familiar with the challenge of getting to certain things in this pack so I am not trying to shortcut or avoid things, but rather checking in to see if this is intended & whether my only solution is to quest a village or whether there is another solution to creating villagers (aside from the ones I mentioned before) / getting eyes of ender?

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. As there are no mobs, it's muuuuuch easier to explore the spirit world or dream world or whatever its called. So I did hours of exploring with only hunger or natural derps to worry about, I haven't died & am still in that dimension so I can keep exploring for hours more, it just didn't feel like it was playing out as intended & that perhaps I was missing something. Don't get me wrong having gotten this far I am familiar with the challenge of getting to certain things in this pack so I am not trying to shortcut or avoid things, but rather checking in to see if this is intended & whether my only solution is to quest a village or whether there is another solution to creating villagers (aside from the ones I mentioned before) / getting eyes of ender?
No other options I'm aware of... But I can confirm that the village locations match the overworld. We spent half the day yesterday exploring the dream world going to known villages plus finding a few new ones before getting what we were looking for. It was a rather nice change of pace though to explore with no mobs and perpetual daylight.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
No other options I'm aware of... But I can confirm that the village locations match the overworld. We spent half the day yesterday exploring the dream world going to known villages plus finding a few new ones before getting what we were looking for. It was a rather nice change of pace though to explore with no mobs and perpetual daylight.
If I recall correctly from one of Batch_2's videos, this isn't true for all villages...

shadoweye404

Jul 29, 2019
eyamaz you must change "healing axe" it refills hunger when you hold it, its the one from extra utilities made with unstable ingots

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
If I recall correctly from one of Batch_2's videos, this isn't true for all villages...
Hmm... I guess it's possible. The 4 or 5 village we knew about were all there though. Maybe one of the mods also generates villages and is disabled for the dream world?

Parnelli

Jul 29, 2019
So from what I've read in the forum, until an alternate ender chest recipe pops in the spirit world I have to trade for an eye of ender and TC up a bit to get obsidian. But since I can't break trees I have no idea how to get started. Can someone give me a hint?

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
So from what I've read in the forum, until an alternate ender chest recipe pops in the spirit world I have to trade for an eye of ender and TC up a bit to get obsidian. But since I can't break trees I have no idea how to get started. Can someone give me a hint?
Why can't you break trees?