Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ziibez

Jul 29, 2019
Let's start by the normal reason this happens. Temporarily disable any antivirus software you are running, then restart the pack.
I'm on my phone at the moment so unfortunately I'll have to try that when I get back from work... Just curious, I've made no changes to my AV since it loaded fine the first few times. I'm using AVG free and have all my java up to date. This is also happening on magic farm 2 if that helps. Just your pack and Magic farm 2. :-/

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on my phone at the moment so unfortunately I'll have to try that when I get back from work... Just curious, I've made no changes to my AV since it loaded fine the first few times. I'm using AVG free and have all my java up to date. This is also happening on magic farm 2 if that helps. Just your pack and Magic farm 2. :-/

Typically, when it is a "user mapped section open" it is because the file is currently being edited by another program in a way that blocks another thread from accessing it for a short time. Some AV programs scan files as soon as they are created and can cause this.

Ziibez

Jul 29, 2019
Typically, when it is a "user mapped section open" it is because the file is currently being edited by another program in a way that blocks another thread from accessing it for a short time. Some AV programs scan files as soon as they are created and can cause this.

Would there have been a change to either side I wouldn't know about then? It worked fine for a couple of worlds but I got appalling spawns (including a lifeless island!) but only recently has it started to close when making a new world :-/.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Would there have been a change to either side I wouldn't know about then? It worked fine for a couple of worlds but I got appalling spawns (including a lifeless island!) but only recently has it started to close when making a new world :-/.

the file in question is generated on the fly and edited on the fly, when needed, by chicken chunks. if the AV program is not an option, try deleting the BloodNBones folder and redownloading it.

watch my first stream from earlier this week.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if that mod actually adds anything at all to the game. Right now, when it starts to rain, it can be dangerous as mobs start spawning, or there are leftover pockets from the night before. I rarely go out in the rain unless it a quick boat trip, too easy to get caught and whacked. We'd just trade a risky situation, which can be fun, to a deadly one where you just treat rain like night and stay in.

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
so is our farm going to have to become a greenhouse (glass roof) to keep the immersion of preventing toxic rain from ruining our crops? if so, would be nice if glass blocks weren't on the mobs' grief list. if not, that would just be silly that crops aren't affected by toxic rain, and i would see little value in adding the mod. forcing us to wear enchanted gear in order to collect food from our farm that is unaffected by said rain, just seems silly.

Reactions: Yarma92

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
so is our farm going to have to become a greenhouse (glass roof) to keep the immersion of preventing toxic rain from ruining our crops? if so, would be nice if glass blocks weren't on the mobs' grief list. if not, that would just be silly that crops aren't affected by toxic rain, and i would see little value in adding the mod. forcing us to wear enchanted gear in order to collect food from our farm that is unaffected by said rain, just seems silly.

It could be coded in the reverse of rain. Rain currently increases the growth rate of crops. Toxic (acid?) rain could slow the growth rate, or even reverse it a stage. But if greenhouses become required maybe have hardened glass as off the grief list?

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
It could be coded in the reverse of rain. Rain currently increases the growth rate of crops. Toxic (acid?) rain could slow the growth rate, or even reverse it a stage. But if greenhouses become required maybe have hardened glass as off the grief list?
I thought hardened glass was already not on the list..

judos

Jul 29, 2019
Several things I want to note and ask:
- Plastic bags have a shift-click-item-disappear bug
- Project red bags, are all missing their recipies (why? better make the recipie more expensiv than just remove it)

What's the mod that does the thingy with the food (remember 30 last food items that were eaten) ? It would be nice to get a message when an item is removed from the list (e.g. I'm eating bread and then it says: I miss orange juice, that would be something I should eat next)

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Several things I want to note and ask:

What's the mod that does the thingy with the food (remember 30 last food items that were eaten) ? It would be nice to get a message when an item is removed from the list (e.g. I'm eating bread and then it says: I miss orange juice, that would be something I should eat next)

Spice of Life mod

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz Are there any other "Tweaks" you would like me to work on? I need something to do after I finish my current plugin-ing for Forsaken.

EDIT: Bored, working on making Blood Magic not as OP.

Last edited:

WarmX

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,I've been playing Blood n Bones with my friend on our server for about 2 weeks.Yesterday we were playing,then suddenly server crashed.We launched server again and we tried to get into server,but it said "Internal Server Error".We were trying to get into server couple more times but same thing was happening.If anyone can help,it would be very appreciated,Thanks!

shadoweye404

Jul 29, 2019
Grr iron is so nerfed, ran out of it and now i cant find it anymore :D
Maybe you should do something bout this:
small 1x2 tunnel, hole in it and dirt door right after the hole, the mobs just fall into the hole
Its op at start

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Grr iron is so nerfed, ran out of it and now i cant find it anymore :D
Maybe you should do something bout this:
small 1x2 tunnel, hole in it and dirt door right after the hole, the mobs just fall into the hole
Its op at start
Are you looking at the right level? It's around Y=30 I believe.