Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
To those who have trouble with leather.... Under the wicker men, the spawners are set to only spawn certain kinds of creatures, ones which might be useful to you....

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone on the West side of the US interested in starting a smp? I'm finding it hard to progress very far, very fast with just one person.

Last edited:

Phantasm23

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I waited for it to be fully repaired (it has auto repair) and tried again. Same deal. Has anyone added silky gem to a pick in 1.1.1? Does it take multiple modifier slots or have some other kind of special requirements?

Yes, we have put a Silky Gem onto both a pick, and a hammer in this version of the pack. Make sure you don't have Luck on the tool, as that conflicts with Silky too.

Mouce

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to this mod and cannot find a download for the life of me. I realize it's probably not officially supported at the moment but is there a way to get the latest version anywhere? Thanks!

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm new to this mod and cannot find a download for the life of me. I realize it's probably not officially supported at the moment but is there a way to get the latest version anywhere? Thanks!
It's right in the launcher... Have you looked through about half of the list?
79f7e80964.jpg

Reactions: larae1929

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Server crash report:

Do not try to use a Magnetic Force on a player who is in the Dream World as it will start swirling symbols arround you and the targeted player and then the whole server end up crashing and needs to be restarted. Luckily, the world doesn't seem to get corrupted ^_^

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Running this pack on a new machine (i7-4771 w/16GB RAM) I am running into a java performance issue - framerate is fine (80 fps or so on this machine) but every second or so I get a lag spike when used memory (in the F3 view) hits about 85% - then it garabage collects down to 76% or so - then in a second it is back up to 85% and I get another lag spike. It always says "of 910MB" even though I have Xmx and Xms set to 2048M.

~ > java -version
java version "1.7.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_60-b19)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.60-b09, mixed mode)

I have tried this (what I used to run B&B on my other machine):
java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation -jar /data/minecraft/ftb/ftb.jar
and this (which is what I use to run any other pack):
java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:parallelGCThreads=4 -jar /data/minecraft/ftb/ftb.jar

Same results either way. Any ideas?
If it's showing you 910MB max, it's ignoring your 2gig settings in the parameters somehow. What's the "RAM Maximum" slider in the launcher set to? Confirm that the Java Path points to your Java 7 -64? Turn on the "Use Optimization Arguments for fast computers", which does the arguments Eyamaz posted for the BnB pack automatically. Only other thought is to specify 256M or 512M of PermGen space, but I think the launcher handles that now. I know I don't have to specify it anymore.

Reactions: zuiko

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
If it's showing you 910MB max, it's ignoring your 2gig settings in the parameters somehow. What's the "RAM Maximum" slider in the launcher set to? Confirm that the Java Path points to your Java 7 -64? Turn on the "Use Optimization Arguments for fast computers", which does the arguments Eyamaz posted for the BnB pack automatically. Only other thought is to specify 256M or 512M of PermGen space, but I think the launcher handles that now. I know I don't have to specify it anymore.

Ahh that is interesting. I guess when I specify memory arguments it is just giving the launcher more memory to work with, not the game itself. I changed the memory allocation in the FTB launcher options and set that optimization argument for fast computers and it seems to have solved the issue... at least initially... will have to see if it comes back when it runs through all the memory I allocated.[DOUBLEPOST=1402978384][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, we have put a Silky Gem onto both a pick, and a hammer in this version of the pack. Make sure you don't have Luck on the tool, as that conflicts with Silky too.

Yea that's it. I forgot that is one of the things it conflicts with. It has luck on it. I didn't add the luck - was one of the freebies from levelling up. I guess I will have to level up another pick a bit at some point for the silky gem.

zuiko

Jul 29, 2019
I built a dirt bridge over the top of the cloud and set my source water block right above the portal so it flowed down on top and around it then rode the water stream down with wooden armor and a clay bucket trying to hit the portal with water- took me multiple tries cause u get zapped and there were no blocks under the portal I could stand on- it was free floating in both my invasions thus far. went thru half a dozen buckets and sets of wooden armor and a ton of food to close the 2 portals and im just waiting now for daylight to try to get rid of the clouds

I ended up doing something similar to that using running water... filled the center in around the portal with gravel and sand, so I could dig down to the portal, then surrounded that with a few layers of flowing water. It was still a suicide mission. The electric gas shocks crazy far through any materials. And that crazy blindness effect... anyone found a better way of dealing with these now that they always seem to be covered in vast quantites of electric gas? Is there even a point in dealing with the portal or will another one just show up in 15 minutes? That seems to be what happened with the last one I closed. At least for right now the zombie miner is usually falling in my defenses before he can do any/much damage.

Also not sure how the portals work with respect to the ocean biome. Seems like they will not land in the ocean (at least I haven't seen it happen yet) and my world is heavy on ocean (way too heavy - was an issue from the start gathering food and everything). If they always appear on land I might be better off just leaving the portal... or I will have nothing but invasion sites and electric gas on the landmass.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Curious, anyone got some good defensive base ideas or maybe know of another thread with screenshots for said things? I am just really starting this modpack and so far am hiding in the dirt (Still working on my smeltery). I figure regular build probably wont cut it and would love to see some ideas on where to improve my builds.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Curious, anyone got some good defensive base ideas or maybe know of another thread with screenshots for said things? I am just really starting this modpack and so far am hiding in the dirt (Still working on my smeltery). I figure regular build probably wont cut it and would love to see some ideas on where to improve my builds.

I've covered myself with compressed cobblestone/dirt underground. Still testing to see if invader zombies with miners can break through. Base is kinda small but at least I got a smeltry, chests, furnaces, and TiCon tables to fit so I can work while staying safe (for the meantime).

Dodara87

Jul 29, 2019
Check let's plays on youtube. Anesos a few posts up has a nice base going. A lot of people build a moat of some kind, some with sludge, I build a 2 deep moat with running water that ends on a cactus (its easier in the beginning).

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I've covered myself with compressed cobblestone/dirt underground. Still testing to see if invader zombies with miners can break through. Base is kinda small but at least I got a smeltry, chests, furnaces, and TiCon tables to fit so I can work while staying safe (for the meantime).
I've tested. They can mine through compressed cobblestone.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019

My (rather simple) defense for the Hidey-Hole. Works amazingly well so far. :)

http://imgur.com/a/SHyp6

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I just build a stairway up using natural blocks like logs, leave a gap at the top, and a short walkway to by house. House has a 2-5 block gap at the bottom with the lowest bit made of natural block materials. I usually have 1x1 pillars supporting it for the look. Nothing bigger that an invader could make stairs from. Later I work on defenses to kill the invaders, so they can't form huge pyramids.