Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
that'd be an error code you are not seeing. Can you create a new world? The log files should be located in your BloodnBones file.
I found a bunch of output-client.log and output-server.log files in there. I believe this is the one from the initial crash. I had to change it to a .txt file to upload it. Hope that is cool. Thanks for all your help guys. This community is great.
Brent

Attachments

• output-client.txt
    20.6 KB · Views: 79

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
I found a bunch of output-client.log and output-server.log files in there. I believe this is the one from the initial crash. I had to change it to a .txt file to upload it. Hope that is cool. Thanks for all your help guys. This community is great.
Brent
There should be a "crash-reports" folder in your BloodNBones folder. Can you upload the file you find in there?

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Oh sorry, I'm still learning how all this works.
Thanks again, :D
Brent

Attachments

• crash-2014-06-13_20.12.21-server.txt
    32.9 KB · Views: 68

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Oh sorry, I'm still learning how all this works.
Thanks again, :D
Brent
Looks like a bad potion effect? Try backing up your player.dat file and then deleting it? That should fix the bad effect but will also remove your inventory... I'm not entirely sure :(

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a bad potion effect? Try backing up your player.dat file and then deleting it? I'm not entirely sure :(
That's weird cause I haven't even touched potions. Anyways, that was the first thing I tried was deleting that file. Still crashed :-( So weird. Thanks for looking though.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
That's weird cause I haven't even touched potions. Anyways, that was the first thing I tried was deleting that file. Still crashed :-( So weird. Thanks for looking though.
One of your ForgeModLoader-client-x.log files should also contain that error. Seeing what happens right before the error would help. The one you provided did not contain it.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
So I went looking throught the forgemodloader-client-x.log files (of which there were a bunch) and i'm unable to decipher much of anything besides that it ends with a crash and saves the report. But I found the original crash file and was wondering if maybe this one includes more information instead of the one from the crash as it logs in.

Attachments

• crash-2014-06-13_14.35.38-client copy.txt
    56.5 KB · Views: 54

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
So I went looking throught the forgemodloader-client-x.log files (of which there were a bunch) and i'm unable to decipher much of anything besides that it ends with a crash and saves the report. But I found the original crash file and was wondering if maybe this one includes more information instead of the one from the crash as it logs in.
It looks like StatusEffectHUD is having some trouble displaying a status effect. Try disabling the mod and loading the world. If that works, play a bit then re-enable the mod and you should be fine. Maybe.

Backup everything, just to be safe ;)

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like StatusEffectHUD is having some trouble displaying a status effect. Try disabling the mod and loading the world. If that works, play a bit then re-enable the mod and you should be fine. Maybe.

Backup everything, just to be safe ;)
Gonna try it now. Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1402714796][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gonna try it now. Thanks.
Dang it, still crashes.
Maybe time for a new world...

Picazzo

Jul 29, 2019
Like some others, I also have the "problems" with the spider that keeps growing and the trents who cause a ctd. However, that wasn't the reason I made this account.

Been playing hardcore BnB for quite a while now but I find the current build to be way too easy.
1.0.7 was the most fun but I stopped playing due to the annoying meteors. The 1.1.11 world however got deleted this week because it became just plain boring.
I soon found myself just exploring the world to get all the saplings, fruit trees, ... and I didn't even need the hole in the ground for the occasional mob.
Since there was no difficulty, I couldn't even be bothered to go to the nether.

Where are the silverfish with ridiculous health, the overwhelming amount of mobs at night, the continuous waves of invader zombies, ...?
I thought the purpose of this modpack was to make it insanely difficult (without making it impossible) and make you feel unsafe.
The current situation however: gone is the urge/need to rush things (for instance the 1st day), gone is the "always expect the unexpected" feeling, gone is the challenge, ...

It's not all bad though. I do like the expanded grief list and the Spice of Life mod (although 5 of each food makes it yet again too easy).

Anyway, I just had to make this account to get this of my chest (if I don't speak up, things might never change).

/edit: some mod suggestions to spice it up: Thirst, Advanced Darkness and Infernal Mobs (without the drops).

/edit 2: another top of my hat suggestion: move some foods to other worlds (carrot, potato, ... only dropped by zombie pigmen, ...)?

Dodara87

Jul 29, 2019
I think food that you have eaten over 5 times should still fill your saturation and hunger but not heal you, it should also give you weakness or slowness and such when you eat 6, 7 times. Then gradually worse effects, culminating with nausea or even poison maybe, what do you people think about that? Sounds more realistic and dangerous although people would probably never starve.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
100% of people that play this pack spend most of their time as a ghost
boo.png

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Like some others, I also have the "problems" with the spider that keeps growing and the trents who cause a ctd. However, that wasn't the reason I made this account.

Been playing hardcore BnB for quite a while now but I find the current build to be way too easy.
1.0.7 was the most fun but I stopped playing due to the annoying meteors. The 1.1.11 world however got deleted this week because it became just plain boring.
I soon found myself just exploring the world to get all the saplings, fruit trees, ... and I didn't even need the hole in the ground for the occasional mob.
Since there was no difficulty, I couldn't even be bothered to go to the nether.

Where are the silverfish with ridiculous health, the overwhelming amount of mobs at night, the continuous waves of invader zombies, ...?
I thought the purpose of this modpack was to make it insanely difficult (without making it impossible) and make you feel unsafe.
The current situation however: gone is the urge/need to rush things (for instance the 1st day), gone is the "always expect the unexpected" feeling, gone is the challenge, ...

It's not all bad though. I do like the expanded grief list and the Spice of Life mod (although 5 of each food makes it yet again too easy).

Anyway, I just had to make this account to get this of my chest (if I don't speak up, things might never change).

/edit: some mod suggestions to spice it up: Thirst, Advanced Darkness and Infernal Mobs (without the drops).

/edit 2: another top of my hat suggestion: move some foods to other worlds (carrot, potato, ... only dropped by zombie pigmen, ...)?
I think you have a different expectation than most of us. You can always jump into the configuration and do some of these things yourself.

@Eyamaz
How's 1.1.2 looking?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
whenever I try to launch the pack it says invalid username or password

Do you have a valid minecraft account?[DOUBLEPOST=1402763177][/DOUBLEPOST]The current situation however: gone is the urge/need to rush things (for instance the 1st day), gone is the "always expect the unexpected" feeling, gone is the challenge, ...

Hmm, you're playing a different pack than i am :) Even on a server without hostile worlds, exploring in the day gets me dead at odd times, when mobs rush up from caves, etc. Plus the fun of creepers, velociraptors, etc.

Picazzo

Jul 29, 2019
I think you have a different expectation than most of us.

My expectation:
yes, i made this pack as STUPID difficult as possible without making it completely impossible. its specifically designed to be a hardcore challenge pack where, at least at the start, there is little breathing room. At no time did i want a player to feel "safe" from the world around it.

this pack is definitely not intended for a casual player.
Have expectations changed since the creation of this mod pack?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
My expectation:

Have expectations changed since the creation of this mod pack?

I don't think expectations changed, and yes, some of the difficulty on 1.7 was based on mob AI that was causing a lot of lag, and crashes. So some of the mob hordes got a bit lessened.
It is still a pack that is not intended for the casual player.
It is still stupidly hard at times.

The game you said you deleted does not at all sound like the same level of difficulty as what I'm currently playing.

djs1999

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any easy way to transport the contents of chests, because once you start in a cave and you want a decent base I don't know how to transfer stuff easy, I was thinking backpacks but I seem to have a lack of cow.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any easy way to transport the contents of chests, because once you start in a cave and you want a decent base I don't know how to transfer stuff easy, I was thinking backpacks but I seem to have a lack of cow.
Backpacks are the only way I know besides just carrying them at one step a second.