Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Anesos I did a similar analysis and got different numbers than you. I checked 2351 chunks but have scaled everything out of 100 to make comparison easier.

Out of 100 chunks I found
15 diamonds from Y= 0 to 4
47 diamonds from Y = 5 to 8 (vs 16/100 for you)
0 diamonds from Y = 9 to 28

I found diamonds to be about 3 times as numerous from 5-8 as you did. It's still lower than what the configs should be generating but not quite so bad.

I also checked the amount of smooth stone between 5-8 to see if there was room for diamonds to spawn and 80% of blocks are smooth stone so that doesn't appear to be the problem.

Hmm, 256 blocks in a chunk layer, x3 layers to mine out to see everything in 4-8, and i need to only hit every third row...so roughly 500 blocks to mine per diamond, and need 10 to make machines. So 5000 blocks and...oh screw that, i'll just do 6k and go to the deep dark :)

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Well you'd to best to forget about Y=4 and just mind 2 at 6. But it's still about 350 or so blocks that way (taking diagonals into condisteration)

It's still quite steep but doable.

Considering how few diamonds you actually need in this pack I'm not quit as concerned as the rest of you... I'm basically at the fantasy metal stage now and I've only used a total of 15 diamonds and spent very little time mining at those depths. Nether diamonds have helped a bit.

Reactions: Doctorious

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
It's a grind, but sort of used to it. The old MiningDead server had a return rate of a about 1 diamond an hour. Nether mining will get a lot of other ores besides diamonds as well. Not seeing much down low. An hour last night got 0 diamonds, 19 gold ore, 3 tin ore. And dungeon diving is fun.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Considering how few diamonds you actually need in this pack I'm not quit as concerned as the rest of you... I'm basically at the fantasy metal stage now and I've only used a total of 15 diamonds and spent very little time mining at those depths. Nether diamonds have helped a bit.
I have to agree that it's not much of a problem.... Before you have access to nether diamonds, you don't exactly need diamonds for much....

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken, after you acquire Damascus Steel, and boost it to the Steel mining level, you should be able to mine Shadow Iron and Lemurite to make Shadow Steel. The only problem is, you can't mine Lemurite with a boosted Damascus Steel pickaxe... Am I missing something here?

EDIT: Scratch that, I made an Ignatius Pickaxe, boosted it, and was able to mine Lemurite. Is this the intended progression?

Last edited:

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Try Anesos seed: "Eyamazing!!!"

You have almost all that, except the ocean. You can check it on his 2 series of FTB in youtube
The ocean is my main means of transportation. It's really important for my raiding style of play.[DOUBLEPOST=1402340131][/DOUBLEPOST]I plan to make portals with the diamonds eventually. Don't those use up a lot of diamonds?

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
So, have our 1.1.1 server running with a small group of friends. Barely hanging in there on day 5. I did enable Hostile Worlds as we only fire up the server when we all play as a group. At what point can we expect the first invasion portal to spawn?

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
So, have our 1.1.1 server running with a small group of friends. Barely hanging in there on day 5. I did enable Hostile Worlds as we only fire up the server when we all play as a group. At what point can we expect the first invasion portal to spawn?
I remember my first portal took a surprising amount of time. I really couldn't tell you exactly when, but I was well ready for it.

Speaking of invasion portals, I have only had one spawn so far, and not had any threat from it. By this I mean not a single invader has made it out of the electric cloud...

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019

I think portals spawn a bit later now than they used too. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it to much. Build up your defenses as best you can and be prepared to lose and try again a second time. The best part about blood and bones is losing horribly than finding a way to over come it and kicking ass on the next go.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
I think portals spawn a bit later now than they used too. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it to much. Build up your defenses as best you can and be prepared to lose and try again a second time. The best part about blood and bones is losing horribly than finding a way to over come it and kicking ass on the next go.

That's good to know! I got a bit of a bad start but I'm finally somewhat established. I had the impression I'd be getting my first invasion any time now, and I'm only just getting the beginning of a farm set up. Haven't even begun to think about defenses.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also curious if there is a list of materials that mobs will attack. I know torches, cobblestone, farmland?, planks?, glass, doors.
But what about stone slabs? I was planning on layering the top of our perimeter wall with stone slabs to stop mobs from spawning on top but I thought I had a creeper blow up stone slabs in a test world....although it could have been due to something else.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also curious if there is a list of materials that mobs will attack. I know torches, cobblestone, farmland?, planks?, glass, doors.
But what about stone slabs? I was planning on layering the top of our perimeter wall with stone slabs to stop mobs from spawning on top but I thought I had a creeper blow up stone slabs in a test world....although it could have been due to something else.

You can look in the specialAI config for a list of item ID's mobs grief.

All slabs are griefed now by the way. If you want to prevent mobs from spawning on the top of walls there are two good options. You can line the top of the walls with leaves, or you can place torches on the inside of the wall near the top. Mobs should no longer will grief though walls.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

slabs are cheap/easy anti spawn devices. all of them are targeted by mobs regardless of the material.

I'm highly thinking of making them all uncraftable and changing any recipes that use them. The shear fact of having them so easy to get and basically making the world safe is... meh... purposefully defeating the point of the pack?
very much a similar reason FMP blocks are all griefable. something made just for aesthetics should NOT make things so much easier. Esp if it is made in a way that prevents me from disabling those things...
glowstone nooks are cheaty as hell...

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm just curious. Was 1.1.2 meant to come out Monday ?

slabs are cheap/easy anti spawn devices. all of them are targeted by mobs regardless of the material.

I'm highly thinking of making them all uncraftable and changing any recipes that use them. The shear fact of having them so easy to get and basically making the world safe is... meh... purposefully defeating the point of the pack?
very much a similar reason FMP blocks are all griefable. something made just for aesthetics should NOT make things so much easier. Esp if it is made in a way that prevents me from disabling those things...
glowstone nooks are cheaty as hell...

How bout making them only craftable with a saw, machine or such ;).

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it was ment to come out Sunday... Then stuff...

And...

Yeah, I'm horrible at ETAs...
life happens now and then. just checking that nothing is wrong with my launcher. could easily have been that.

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
Wait a second, those new Rougelike previews have chisel blocks in them... Chisel confirmed for 1.1.2? Sweet lawdy yes please!