Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

whyrl

Jul 29, 2019
ah, true. but do you think its fair to make people waste redstone on a tofu presser, when all other food processes require no such thing? i don't see this as right.
Yes. It seems very fair. One plant (grown in the relative safety of a base) is able to replace ALL meats in recipes while all other food processes require going outside of base and hunting a not-so-renewable source of meat that may or may not even be around.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Haha Me and Anesos experience a bit of that on your server a couple days ago. There were abandoned boats everywhere! We tried to find some peoples bases to have a looks but I guess everyone is hiding deep underground to avoid the PvP?
Ya, everyone hides as well as they can. :p I lived in the side of a mountain, then under da sea. Resetting the world to sync with the new ore gen in the next 24(hopefully), so not sure where I'll end up next.... Gotta always think about how easily other players can find you, adds an interesting dynamic in my opinion, since it means anything you do that's open to the sky is very dangerous....

In other news, I ran another test on food values, this time using the test version of the SoL mod but the same config of "MAX(0, 1 - MAX(0, (count-4)/5))".
Results:
Blueberry: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0
Apple Juice: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 0
Strawberry Smoothie: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 0
Apple Pie: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0
Hamburger: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 6, 4, 3, 1, 0
Bacon Mushroom Burger: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 0
Doesn't work nearly as well in my opinion, kinda makes the low tier foods have too much power. I'll need to tweak the config formula to see if there's something that works better with the round to integer....

PS: @squeek502 Old config wouldn't work, I had to generate a new file and re-add the old information. Not really a hassle, just thought it might be useful information.

Edit:
ah, true. but do you think its fair to make people waste redstone on a tofu presser, when all other food processes require no such thing? i don't see this as right.
So very, very fair. Why should replacing animal meat with farm vegetables be cheap?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. It seems very fair. One plant (grown in the relative safety of a base) is able to replace ALL meats in recipes while all other food processes require going outside of base and hunting a not-so-renewable source of meat that may or may not even be around.

Have to absolutely agree with this. With how slow animals grow, and needed the veggies to breed them, tofu is a great alternative with some real advantages. It should be a higher tier item. And I don't think 'wasting' redstone is the issue really. Once you get to the nether, it's common. Using up a bit is no big deal. But removing the need for redstone makes it an easier item to get earlier in the game.

DerTollUdo

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing the pack for a while, it is evilly fun. Great job.

As to why I suddenly created an account to post,
  1. I agree with the general consensus that SoL discourages getting better foods and actually punishes you if you do anything more than a snack. For example, any juice will only heal you for the first one, and then after that its just a snack basically. And since the nourishment is tied into healing, apple/carrot juice can no longer heal you. So you are left with trying to heal using 1 of every juice/smoothie/bread/toast and then waiting/burning off your food to do it again if you get full. While this does add a nice layer of pain, it also makes it feel that even considering fighting anything is a mistake as it will cost you a lot of time figuring out what you can/can't eat to heal.
  2. I found a major glitch. If you use a Tinker Table (TiC Crafting table next to the Tool Station/Forge) to change out a part on arrows, or add quartz for sharpness, or even just put them in and grab them from the results box, two things happen. 1st it changes from just being an item into becoming some kind of tool that has a skill level and durability and such. It gets the skill level Eyamazing, and it stops stacking with other arrows unless you also put them through the table to change them (and if this is intended it's cool but their leveling mechanic doesn't work.). 2nd, which is really more of the bug when you put the stack on the table, let's say 32, then pick them up from the results box you don't get 32 back. You get a stack of 32, then a stack of 31, then 30, etc down to 1. So basically as long as you have two arrows and a Tinker Table you can get infinite arrows. Running on 1.1.1 on a 1.1.1 server in a world from 1.1. Was able to reproduce every time I experimented on our table.
And a general question, is redstone still only in the nether? Or did it get added to the overworld too? I remember reading something that could have been interpreted as it being added to the Overworld, but couldn't find any other source.

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
In other news, I ran another test on food values, this time using the test version of the SoL mod but the same config of "MAX(0, 1 - MAX(0, (count-4)/5))".
Results:
Blueberry: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0
Apple Juice: 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 0
Strawberry Smoothie: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 0
Apple Pie: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0
Hamburger: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 6, 4, 3, 1, 0
Bacon Mushroom Burger: 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 0
Doesn't work nearly as well in my opinion, kinda makes the low tier foods have too much power. I'll need to tweak the config formula to see if there's something that works better with the round to integer....

PS: @squeek502 Old config wouldn't work, I had to generate a new file and re-add the old information. Not really a hassle, just thought it might be useful information.
Rounding mode will be a config option. What do you mean by 'the old config wouldn't work' exactly? What was not working about it?

potop999

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing the pack for a while, it is evilly fun. Great job.

As to why I suddenly created an account to post,
  1. I agree with the general consensus that SoL discourages getting better foods and actually punishes you if you do anything more than a snack. For example, any juice will only heal you for the first one, and then after that its just a snack basically. And since the nourishment is tied into healing, apple/carrot juice can no longer heal you. So you are left with trying to heal using 1 of every juice/smoothie/bread/toast and then waiting/burning off your food to do it again if you get full. While this does add a nice layer of pain, it also makes it feel that even considering fighting anything is a mistake as it will cost you a lot of time figuring out what you can/can't eat to heal.
  2. I found a major glitch. If you use a Tinker Table (TiC Crafting table next to the Tool Station/Forge) to change out a part on arrows, or add quartz for sharpness, or even just put them in and grab them from the results box, two things happen. 1st it changes from just being an item into becoming some kind of tool that has a skill level and durability and such. It gets the skill level Eyamazing, and it stops stacking with other arrows unless you also put them through the table to change them (and if this is intended it's cool but their leveling mechanic doesn't work.). 2nd, which is really more of the bug when you put the stack on the table, let's say 32, then pick them up from the results box you don't get 32 back. You get a stack of 32, then a stack of 31, then 30, etc down to 1. So basically as long as you have two arrows and a Tinker Table you can get infinite arrows. Running on 1.1.1 on a 1.1.1 server in a world from 1.1. Was able to reproduce every time I experimented on our table.
And a general question, is redstone still only in the nether? Or did it get added to the overworld too? I remember reading something that could have been interpreted as it being added to the Overworld, but couldn't find any other source.

As to your question https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...1Pii96GZKGNn24_riSLys3mIfc/edit#gid=603908831

No redstone in the overworld.

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
so that duping bug with the chisels, if you repair a chisel in a tic crafting bench, while next to a storage chest... repairing actually dupes the chisel endlessly.

i assume this is similar to the above poster who said that his arrows were duping in the same scenario. and is repeatable.

btw, its cheaper to make a new chisel than repair the broken one.. cause the chisel doesn't level up. intended? cause it has an exp bar, stuck at zero. would be nice if better chisels would work faster (nom nom nom)

Reactions: Eyamaz

Dodara87

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question. After a lot of mining with my flint pickaxe it boosted and i mined copper, made a copper head, upgraded the pickaxe and it still only mined copper, do I need to mine until it levels up again? It doesn't keep the boost after I replace the flint head with copper but it keeps the previously received modifiers, is that intentional? Do I have to boost pickaxe after every upgrade? Thank you for your patience.

Ravin

Jul 29, 2019
you have to boost with each one, if you look at the tooltip on the tool it shows the boost xp needed, and once boosted it says boosted insteas.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
@squeek502, @sisho and me found a bug Yesterday. Travelling through a nether portal resets the SoL tooltip information as if you started a new game. That it to say it will always read "Diminishing returns will start after you have eaten 5 or more items". It does affect the actual gains received from items and re-logging will fix the error.

whyrl

Jul 29, 2019
@wolfenstein19 bear in mind, there's an issue with mining levels that @Eyamaz is currently looking into.

I made a document based on the config files of current mining levels as well as what it looks like is actually intended HERE.

EDIT: i updated the shit out of luck..er..spice of life config. Is anyone else still getting a health boost on the first food item, but not subsequent? nvm. I think i was eating an overused food.

Last edited: