Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Weird now I can't reproduce that with any metallurgy furnace/crushers nor any furnace... But im pretty sure there was some ores result in converting into different stuff.

Yeah, it was reported before, but the lack of not being able to reproduce means I have no idea what is causing it.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I'll decrease the explosion area.

Bless you sir.

That's been one of the 'frustrating' vs. 'difficult' aspects of the pack. I don't mind a lot of work to get rare ores, that's part of the game. But when things just go Boom! and your dead, and you lose a couple hours of work, sometimes because of stuff you can't control in any way, it does make mopping floors and doing the dishes for the wife seem like a much more enjoyable evening.

The more i think on it, the more i blames Lava monsters. I think gases spawn in their own little pockets. So a flaming zombie wouldn't affect them. But I've had lava monsters under me somewhere setting the blocks where I'm standing on fire. So they have some small radius. If they come under or near a gas pocket, it sets something off, and down low, the red gas is sadly common. Such interesting combos you and Glen and Father Toast have found to make life hell.

Reactions: Eyamaz

mars111

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question, this modpack uses CaveControl which prevents mineshafts and strongolds from spawning.. myself being fairly new... how do we get to the end if the strongholds are dissabled! :<

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I have a question, this modpack uses CaveControl which prevents mineshafts and strongolds from spawning.. myself being fairly new... how do we get to the end if the strongholds are dissabled! :<
You hand to grow end portal frames using magic crops

sarydactl

Jul 29, 2019
You hand to grow end portal frames using magic crops

o _o i did not realize this. I'm learning so much from you guys I: !

I guess i could share that you can prematurely hack off fruit from a fruit tree as soon as it grows, instead of waiting five days...it's just annoying to do and won't respawn.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Moshakra

Jul 29, 2019
The "SMP-style lag" is a TPS issue - apparently caused by resource intensive AI calculations used in the Zombie Awareness mod. The best way to clear this lag is by moving far away as the offending mobs should despawn and stop causing the lag. I've found that living near a Roguelike Dungeon also causes TPS lag, probably because of the mass of mobs spawning there and trying to path to you.

That's not true at all - the lag seems to be associated with an ID conflict in Tinkers Construct based on the pastebin. Also, I don't exactly have the freedom to just "move away from the mobs", considering this is a hardcore pack and all. This has happened in every world I've spawned.

Can I get a response from Eya about this?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
That's not true at all - the lag seems to be associated with an ID conflict in Tinkers Construct based on the pastebin. Also, I don't exactly have the freedom to just "move away from the mobs", considering this is a hardcore pack and all. This has happened in every world I've spawned.

Can I get a response from Eya about this?

The TiC I'D conflict is an intentional part of code changing how stone parts work.
Most of the lag from AI is gone, however, world gen lag is not. This specifically hits hard during compilation of certain methods which JIT also decompiles after they are done being used.

Moshakra

Jul 29, 2019
The TiC I'D conflict is an intentional part of code changing how stone parts work.
Most of the lag from AI is gone, however, world gen lag is not. This specifically hits hard during compilation of certain methods which JIT also decompiles after they are done being used.

So what can I do to fix it?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
has somebody got any idea in how to get into the end :D?

We need to craft the blocks that make up the gate, then put in the eyes like you normally would. I'm not in too much of a hurry. Finally got enough diamonds for a drawplate, can start some tech. Then blood magic, and maybe then i'll be up to a fight with what I assume is a really nasty dragon.[DOUBLEPOST=1395120253][/DOUBLEPOST]Just had another lovely explosion at about level 10. Not sure why at all, as it happened a bit from me, and was working my way. Ran and lived. The cavern it opened up was 2-3 times the size of an IC2 nuke. Tons of lava, water, other gases pouring in. Stripped down to just a couple stacks of torches and explored before the mobs started spawning. Got lucky and found a couple of diamonds tucked in a corner. Red gas is so much fun.

mars111

Jul 29, 2019
Oh great... now to find those super rare ores! loll.. and yeah I've died many times to those gases man. my god thats insane

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
We need to craft the blocks that make up the gate, then put in the eyes like you normally would. I'm not in too much of a hurry. Finally got enough diamonds for a drawplate, can start some tech. Then blood magic, and maybe then i'll be up to a fight with what I assume is a really nasty dragon.[DOUBLEPOST=1395120253][/DOUBLEPOST]Just had another lovely explosion at about level 10. Not sure why at all, as it happened a bit from me, and was working my way. Ran and lived. The cavern it opened up was 2-3 times the size of an IC2 nuke. Tons of lava, water, other gases pouring in. Stripped down to just a couple stacks of torches and explored before the mobs started spawning. Got lucky and found a couple of diamonds tucked in a corner. Red gas is so much fun.
After reading that I think I'm just going to mine in the Nether for diamonds. Even in Hardcore that place is less dangerous than red gas :L

I'm also considering just disabling Gascraft, at least until the next patch is published. I'm not sure if that would conflict with anything though.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Just experienced a "Meteor Shower". Sounded like about 12 of the meteor sound effects one after another. The large redwood i built in is burning on all sides, smoke fills the air. The map looks like someone sprinkled snow on it. Thousands of blocks came down, quite a few of them ores. The ground is littered with everywhere with glowstone and gunpowder.

So much stuff that the game can't run :) I'm going to turn down all graphics, and hope that lets me move around and pick up the glowstone. Lanterns for Everyone!!

On the downside, the neighborhood went to hell.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, meteor showers are a bad thing. So many loose entities on the ground, the game freezes as soon as i log in. Didn't affect me when i was at elevation 180. Should have stayed there until things decayed....but so much glowstone!

Hopefully, there is a config to turn those off.

Leaving the game up, hopefully it's moving at some small speed and blocks will eventually decay, or mobs will run over and kill me somehow and i respawn up top and things run a bit faster.

Last edited:

Sekihoutai

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not having any problems with meteors hitting near me, it usually clears up fast -
EDIT: Misread meteor showers, Have yet to experience one of those - Would suck if one hit my area because that's gonna be a biome destroyer

On a side note, when farming things such as sugar cane and pumpkins - do they need direct sunlight? Because Pumpkins and Sugarcane seem to have no growth under ground even after nearly 10 days ingame. I took pumpkins upstairs and now their growing but sugar cane on the other hand is slow.

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Sugar Cane and pumpkins seem a lot slower with Pam's. Sugarcane is quite slow. And pretty sure without direct sun they drop to 1/6th growth rate. (If using the new MF2 config). If it's on the original magic farm rates, then no growth at all without sunlight.

Another question: Roads? I made some roadlights out of redstone lamps and was surprised to find they actually slow you, not speed you up. Regular roadblocks are doing the same.

Is this a bug? Or another odd way to make life difficult? For roadblocks it makes no sense as people won't even bother to make them. Hopefully a bug or setting.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Would suck if one hit my area because that's gonna be a biome destroyer

Yep. After a long while with the game up, the loose stuff cleared up. I have scattered stone and netherrack mixed with ores densely scatter everywhere. Anthing that could burn pretty much did. I was already working on converting the redwood Im in to a stone tower, so missing most of it's trunk and leaves can be looked at as progress...sort of. I now have mobs spawning on the random blocks mixed in with the remaining leaves...

The other redwoods I'll just replant so the grow up and mix with what's left of the burnt trees.

But the ground would take a week of playing to clean up the loose blocks, let alone holes and such. Going to just leave it, and now that my huge pumpkin farm is producing, I'll put a hundred stone golems in the area and turn it into a real warzone.

and I'm going to look into the meteor defense guns they mentioned in the mod.

Last edited:

Negation99

Jul 29, 2019
Some suggestions:

1) More exploration, like the mod in MadPack that adds more dungeons and stuff to work through.
2) Unique Artifacts mod

3) Also I think the hunger bar goes down far too quickly. Even standing still and you could be dead in just a couple minutes seems a bit too much, not that I want it to be easier just think hunger drain is just a bit too fast.