Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

BloodNBones_Banner.png

There is an evil brewing...

Warning!
This modpack can be resource intensive!

BNBPack 1.5 Edition Code : BNB15e
(this is currently missing the /libs folder. you will need to copy this in for yourself, I currently have no intentions on fixing that issue since 1.6 will be coming soon.)
Before you play this pack, i suggest you read the guide on Iguana Tweaks for TiCo and Unlit Torched and Lanterns as they change the start of the game dramatically. You may also notice I did not include a minimap mod. This is because I left the choice of which minimap mod the user would like to use so they may add it themselves. This thread is also highly recommended.
Please direct all support for this pack to this thread only!
I am not releasing a server version of this pack but feel free to make your own as long as you do NOT distribute it. I will not be offering support for any SMP.

Known Issues
Tessellation Errors [all versions]: Users not using the latest version of lwjgl may experience these errors. This can be remedied by manually updating your lwjgl files or importing the modpack into MultiMC and selecting "Change lwjgl..." from right clicking the instance.
Pack Code: BloodNBones
Also available on CurseForge
1.6 Modlist and Permissions
Change Logs

Adding/Removing mods is not supported in this pack.
Removing mods will break the recipes and adding mods will likely break the progression of the pack.
Please be sure to direct all support to this thread, FTB itself will not be providing support for this pack. General feedback welcome as long as you are constructive about it.​

Server Note
Hostile Worlds by Corosus has been disabled server side.
While this mod is used to ramp up the difficulty of SSP after a certain period of time has gone by, it is very unfair for use on a standing server.
Once the invaders spawn, new players will not have a chance to get any sort of defenses set up.
This mod should only be enabled for Hardcore Challenge servers, you have been warned.

Recommended JVM arguments:​

-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation

To any streamers:
Yeah, Its dark. sorry, its part of how the pack works.
As much as I would like to see streamers stream it, I'm not going to sacrifice a mechanic for it. Much love though. <3 guess what?
v1.0.3 will contain Dynamic Lights that not only adds an awesome eerie ambiance,
you can hold a torch to see! Much love! <3

Known Issues
Client Side
*Crash when trying to add Lapis to any TiC tool using the FTBBuild of iguana tweaks for TiC (BnB 1.0.4+)

Server Side
*Not all recipes seem to be working between client and server, but I can't reproduce. May be OS dependent. ~ fixed in 1.0.5?

Both

*Occasional crash when creating a new world with DEFAULT world gen type from the extra gases I added. Looking for a work around before removing the extra gases. ~ fixed in 1.0.4​
*BoP worldgen is not generating caves. ~ .disabled BoP and added BoP biomes to vanilla world gen as a work around in 1.0.2
*BoP food is set abnormally high in their code for restoration and cannot be disabled. This is currently considered an exploit until I can find a fix. ~ .disabled BoP in 1.0.2.
*TPS issues from AI. ~mostly fixed in 1.0.2
*Too much mob regen. ~ fixed in 1.0.4, reduced spawn rate of healer mobs to 1 in 140 instead of the 1 in 14ish
*TPS issues from extra gas seeds. ~ cut extra gas spawns, again in 1.0.2

It has been almost two years since the release of Blood N Bones for MC1.6. The MC1.7 Edition (2.x) looks to expand on what the 1.6 Edition (1.x) brought to the table. A coldly calculated tiered crafting system, utilizing Tinker's Construct to turn Metallurgy ores into a properly tiered system and a crafting system that leaves almost no recipe as you know it with Minetweaker. Journey through multiple dimensions and dungeons with Dimensional Control and Roguelike Dungeons in a world created with BiomeTweaker and CofHCore.

That world, however, has been corrupted by evil and is slowly dying.
The Makers look to undo the very fabric of its reality to prevent the spread of that evil.
When faced with destruction from both the light and dark, can you survive?

Or will you just be another dead soul to fuel the chaos.

Available soon on CurseForge.

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Well.. my 1st day was... well BRUTAL. No wooden sword makes this very difficult. Then there was the surprise there was a sliverfish in my little starting hole in the ground.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Well.. my 1st day was... well BRUTAL. No wooden sword makes this very difficult. Then there was the surprise there was a sliverfish in my little starting hole in the ground.

yes, i made this pack as STUPID difficult as possible without making it completely impossible. its specifically designed to be a hardcore challenge pack where, at least at the start, there is little breathing room. At no time did i want a player to feel "safe" from the world around it. Its a pack designed to be the complete opposite of something like Unleashed or most other modpacks that have tech in them. There is no uberarmornothingcanhurtmeaftermyfirsthoursworthofplay or weaponthatcankillalmostanythingrightfromthestart.

this pack is definitely not intended for a casual player.

dirtyriver

Jul 29, 2019
Curious how this will compare to UHS2. Can't run either pack myself until I upgrade past 2 measly Gigs

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't kept myself up to date on Wyld's new version, but its not really a competition for me. This pack was originally just intended as a pack for me to do hardcore streams with and people liked it and asked if I was going to make it public, so I did. The original UHS didn't have that "slam my head into the wall out of frustration" type difficulty for me. Maybe UHS2 will.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if I'll get around to updating the 1.5 version atm. I've already started the 1.6 instance though. My forum status doesn't reflect it yet, but I've recently joined the FTB Modpack Team and am busy working on/testing things for 1.6 for when the new launcher released.

1.5 world's will not be compatible with the 1.6 pack, however. Mostly due to the significant changes between AM and AM2, so I'm taking that into account and adjusting some other things also.

Reactions: caporaldxl

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
did i see TreeCapitator on that list? is so i will disable that since TC is installed.

Also are vanilla tools disabled.( i hope so)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Treecap is installed, but if you mean Thaumcraft by TC, that is not installed. if you mean TiC for Tinker's Construct, then that is in the pack. there are no stone tools (vanilla or TiC) and only a partial wood set available.

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
Treecap is installed, but if you mean Thaumcraft by TC, that is not installed. if you mean TiC for Tinker's Construct, then that is in the pack. there are no stone tools (vanilla or TiC) and only a partial wood set available.

ok, i just downloaded it but got a fatal forge error, i had to use a new libs folder to fix it.

i have to disable the tree mod, its a bit much imo.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I never got the memo that we had to start including the lib folder with packs till after the fact. I may have to push an update with that after all :sigh:

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I never got the memo that we had to start including the lib folder with packs till after the fact. I may have to push an update with that after all :sigh:
please do, i have alot of people that want to play this but are too lazy or dont know what they are doing. its an amazing pack, the only thing i would change is the tree mod, i Also replaced the mini map with Map Writer( far superior). i might build on this pack with IC2, GT, and a few other mods i like[DOUBLEPOST=1382550852][/DOUBLEPOST]i must add AE...lol i love that mod.[DOUBLEPOST=1382550909][/DOUBLEPOST]i would add hunger overhaul, pams harvest, useful food,

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
What are your configs for Treecap? I know on StaffCraft if you use it for each block the damage is timed by 2. (which is nuts when it comes to jungle trees)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I use the base config, no modifications. It's already balanced with the multiplicative time to cut by tree height. The axe should take 1 damage per wood cut.

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
202.... really 202?

im all for alot of mods, currently im playing OverLoad

But its hard to find balance with those packs...=)
I like this pack & UHS as a base, i then add a few mods to it , ic2, GT, forestry, bees...ect

thats crazy though 202 mods, my head hurts from thinking about all the config fixes & world gen fixes...ect.