Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

K

Konogisan

Since it seems development has halted, anyone know of a modpack just as hard if not even harder than BnB?

Would greatly appreciate it.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I'm doing another hardcore playthrough of BnB, so the quest for immortality continues. Some things I was going for in the previous run don't work, so this time I'm trying some different options (the witchery death protection poppet doesn't prevent death, necrotic bones are impossible to get so no heart canisters). I heard the Blood Magic Bound Armor makes you unkillable, so I figured I'd test that. Yeah, it doesn't, but it's still better than the pre-blood armor.

Enchanted Bound Armor compared to the old tartarite armor that I used to kill the Wither and the Dragon.

08lpHwT.png

With tartarite, I end up having 41 hearts, and take 3 hearts of damage from the test sword in an autonomous activator (so I can survive 13.6 hits). Bound armor gets me 32 hearts, but takes only 2 hearts of damage by the same sword (so I can survive 16 hits). That's a bit better. Bound armor is also noticeably more effective against the wither effect, compared to tartarite.

That doesn't even count the extra crap I can put into it. The sigils in the sockets give me true immunity against fall damage, fire res, magnetism and projectile deflection. Infinite durability even lets me add the Thorns enchant, which is like the worst thing ever on tartarite.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is a horrible thing to say, but seeing as how it was supposedly "almost done" and being was going to be released "in a week or so" for sooooooooo long, I can't help but wonder if it was ever being worked on or if those things were just said to try and get people to become pateons.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Just got a hankerin' to play bnb again so I downloaded it on the twitch launcher. Got it up and running but I have no sound... Any know anything about this?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Just got a hankerin' to play bnb again so I downloaded it on the twitch launcher. Got it up and running but I have no sound... Any know anything about this?
Have you tried running it from MultiMC?

There are a bunch of similar topics about various modpacks, with various fixes.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried running it from MultiMC?

There are a bunch of similar topics about various modpacks, with various fixes.
Interesting, I'll look into that. I got it working by downloading the FTB legacy launcher and running it there.

There is really nothing else like this modpack. I love it, so sad 2.0 is dead.

R

Ray Davion

I got it working by downloading the FTB legacy launcher and running it there.

How did you add it? The Private Code I used 2 years ago is not working...
UPD: bloodnbones still works, i was tryin' BloodNBones

Last edited:
W

welchdrew

Sorry for being a gravedigger, but I thought I'd post this.

For those who want to either give this classic modpack a try, or come back to it, but don't wish to remain a steve for the entire way through it, I recommend Lumy Skin Patch.
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/lumy-skin-patch

Now you can die horribly in this super hard modpack without being a steve! :p

DolHIPPO

Sep 27, 2020
How do I play FTB Blood N Bones, I tried installing it from the twitch launcher however it crashes everytime i open it. Then I got the BnbgamingLib but i noticed it was only for 1.12.2 and Blood N Bones is only 1.6.4. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Camp3rAl3rt

Apr 28, 2021
I don't know if I'm allowed to even say this here but I am in the development of a modpack, one that I hope makes even the best BnB players struggle to survive, I hope to finish it by 2022 or even late 2021 if possible. I have made a post that goes more into detail on the third-party form so please take a look if you want. I hope that my pack will enable those who have forgotten what hardcore survival once was to remember and have an enjoyable time crying at the death screen. I hope you all enjoy The Pack From Hell once it is finished.