Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
and of course the first world I create drops me in an ocean biome with one tree...... oh well at least I get to farm saughin until I die.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
and of course the first world I create drops me in an ocean biome with one tree...... oh well at least I get to farm saughin until I die.
I wouldn't start another 1.6 BNB world... The 1.7 version is close to release and I'm fairly confident a lot has changed.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, and my point being there's no reason to, and if you tried a 1.6 world to get into the BnB vibe a fair lot of skills and knowledge won't translate to 2.0.
I wasn't aware, but then again if you don't recall. I'm both the guy who thinks BnB is best in hardcore mode and also has lag related performance issues.

Those two factors make most of my BnB worlds rather short term affairs.

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't start another 1.6 BNB world... The 1.7 version is close to release and I'm fairly confident a lot has changed.

Maybe it is actually close this time, but I have enjoyed quite a few hours of 1.6 since 1.7 became "soon" on the first post several months ago. So play 1.6 if you feel like it, but don't get too invested!

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
if you play bnb hardcore, then there's no reason not to play 1.6 for the next week until 1.7 comes along. a week is enough time to die and start a new world 100 times over.

Reactions: PODonnell

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
I thought he was in a normal world, which is much easier to invest in.
I guess my point is that, had we given up 1.6 when it first seemed 2.0 was imminent, as I am sure a lot of people did, then we would have missed out. There has been enough time to enjoy even a non-hadcore playthrough since 2.0 started to look imminent 5 months ago. There may still yet be time.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
I guess my point is that, had we given up 1.6 when it first seemed 2.0 was imminent, as I am sure a lot of people did, then we would have missed out. There has been enough time to enjoy even a non-hadcore playthrough since 2.0 started to look imminent 5 months ago. There may still yet be time.
Well, that's sadly what I personally did. Too many false ETA's. I'm not completely sure what's taking so long, if it was insisted it would be ready in a week's worth of time 5 months ago.
Though it's like that episode of Victorious (yes, I watched that show) where Tori's phone wouldn't work right, waited for the new model before getting a new phone, ended up buying the current model just before the new one came out of nowhere. I don't want to jinx it, even though it might have been worth it to start earlier.

But forget it; I'm not dropping 400$ on this thing, I'm starting a new BnB world. I'll blame or thank myself later when 2.0 comes out.

Street

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to disable the console logging the version checking of BoP and the Reika Mods? I have narrowed the issue down to those mods causing the initial launch and or restarts of the server to hang and take ~7-10 minds to restart / start.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
And of course, I spawn in the middle of the ocean.
2015-05-01_16.39.24.png

Thanks Eyamaz.

Feldmanovich_

Jul 29, 2019
Prerelease is the BNBGaming Dev Team, a few streamers, and a Patreon perk (server)

Any chances to join one of them? I'm guessing the dev team is close, I'm not a streamer as well but can you please explin what is the patreon perk server? thank you !
btw BnB is my favorite modpack, managed to kill the dragon :)

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
i'm not sure i played the final version of bnb 1 but all my time playing it i had to disable a bunch of bop biomes. that always included an "extra" ocean biome which was part of bop configs beyond the vanilla.

Splosions

Jul 29, 2019
I... truly cannot comprehend what compels Eyamaz to repeatedly announce release dates that he absolutely has to know are bogus, or what compels any of you to believe -- or even support -- this behavior. Really, my brain wiring just can't rationalize it.

It seems likely that the just-posted port of the years-old BlockPhysics mod is the sum total of all the work that's actually been done on this. Have there been any videos, streams, screenshots, written information or... anything, really, to show that anything else has even been worked on? How about for inFlux, or those BnB T-shirts we heard about back in December? I would really, -really- love to eat my words here.

I get that many, many excuses and explanations have been offered in regards to this pristine record of failure, though I have yet to see anything that actually supports those claims either. To those of you that buy into and defend this, I know an Arabian prince struggling with some financial trouble to whom I'd be delighted to introduce you.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
I... truly cannot comprehend what compels Eyamaz to repeatedly announce release dates that he absolutely has to know are bogus, or what compels any of you to believe -- or even support -- this behavior. Really, my brain wiring just can't rationalize it.

It seems likely that the just-posted port of the years-old BlockPhysics mod is the sum total of all the work that's actually been done on this. Have there been any videos, streams, screenshots, written information or... anything, really, to show that anything else has even been worked on? How about for inFlux, or those BnB T-shirts we heard about back in December? I would really, -really- love to eat my words here.

I get that many, many excuses and explanations have been offered in regards to this pristine record of failure, though I have yet to see anything that actually supports those claims either. To those of you that buy into and defend this, I know an Arabian prince struggling with some financial trouble to whom I'd be delighted to introduce you.
I am sure it's his belief that he would be able to complete it in the time line he sets out & I am pretty certain that Eyemaz's disappointment to himself when he misses a deadline is far greater than yours expressed here, I am not making any excuses on his behalf & I do agree that missing deadlines can do more damage than good - your perception is the sum of that opinion - but it does not change anything & voicing your disappointment in such a way is certainly not constructive nor will it have the effect of making BnB appear sooner it only creates a rift with a pool of negativity floating in the middle. Be patient & it would do you well to rather accept the fact that it will come when it is ready, what are you so invested in here that you cant hang on a little longer (maybe more than that)?