Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
So, due to a big derp by me today, and a pak arriving really late. The big reveal stream will be on Wednesday now.
We would like a full day of his stream for the event, instead of a short one. (idk if he is even going to stream tonight atm.)

I'll be making some other announcements also, either tomorrow or tuesday.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
So, due to a big derp by me today, and a pak arriving really late. The big reveal stream will be on Wednesday now.
We would like a full day of his stream for the event, instead of a short one. (idk if he is even going to stream tonight atm.)

I'll be making some other announcements also, either tomorrow or tuesday.
Just keep it written somewhere noticeable to save every 10 minutes, then as long as you're sober enough to read you should be fine.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Just keep it written somewhere noticeable to save every 10 minutes, then as long as you're sober enough to read you should be fine.

Actually, the issue wasn't saving, the issue was I didn't backup the work I had done.

Then all it took was accidentally deleting the wrong instance and, boom, ~35k lines of script and json said goodbye.

Oh well. I'll just remake it better over the next few days. The worst part is going to be remaking the oregen.

Lessons learned that a year off made me careless.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the issue wasn't saving, the issue was I didn't backup the work I had done.

Then all it took was accidentally deleting the wrong instance and, boom, ~35k lines of script and json said goodbye.

Oh well. I'll just remake it better over the next few days. The worst part is going to be remaking the oregen.

Lessons learned that a year off made me careless.
Same idea; just change the word saving to backup.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Same idea; just change the word saving to backup.

I'm normally not that careless. I still have 60+ builds of the 1.5 BnB and over 500 builds of the 1.6 BnB stored on a server. As well as copies of the release versions.

I just never set up a script for 1.7 and paid the toll.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
I'm normally not that careless. I still have 60+ builds of the 1.5 BnB and over 500 builds of the 1.6 BnB stored on a server. As well as copies of the release versions.

I just never set up a script for 1.7 and paid the toll.
I can't say for sure, but maybe you should start to get a bit more sleep so you're aware of these things. I know you've been saying on your twitter the lack of it's been killing you, and although I have never stayed up for a full 24 hours it's probably paying a toll on efficiency.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I can't say for sure, but maybe you should start to get a bit more sleep so you're aware of these things. I know you've been saying on your twitter the lack of it's been killing you, and although I have never stayed up for a full 24 hours it's probably paying a toll on efficiency.

And that sir, is something beyond my physical ability to control. My body just won't sleep a lot. Then it will just crash hard for a day. Something I've lived with all my life. :(

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Eyamaz try taking melatonin. its the natural chemical that your body puts out when you are getting tired and your penal gland (middle of the brain gland) will excrete when your body's circadian rhythm gets to the point of what should be sleeping. 10 milgm knocks me out after about 45 mins to an hour. here is a link to what meatonin is (http://www.sleepdex.org/melatonin.htm) . its really great for giving your body a boost into trying to get what a "normal" circadian rhythm should be. do a little bit of research and see if something like this could help you get into having a sleep/awake cycle that would be considered medically normal.

Reactions: Eyamaz

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
although I have never stayed up for a full 24 hours it's probably paying a toll on efficiency.
you've never stayed awake 24 hours before?

i'm more like Eyamaz when it comes to sleeping (minus him having a kid which is likely the bigger complication in the formula).

i'm pretty sure i only ever sleep about 5 times a week. and i eat and sleep whenever. not to conform to the standard Earth's day/night cycle. i regularly find myself awake for 24-35 hours at a time. doesn't negatively affect me. it's just normal for me.

the concept of "bedtime" for me is thrown out the window. but then i'm not raising any kids or obligated to some job on a schedule.

personally, from my experience, what drains my efficiency the most has nothing to do with how many hours i've went without sleep... but rather, it would be babysitting my nephews.

they demand such full attention and want me to do things i find boring, like let them play minecraft but they want to enter NEI cheat mode and tell me about all the things they're doing, and its so fun for them but depressing for me. my brain is not interested in conversing with a casual gamer (10 year old) for hours non-stop. that's when i quickly lose energy. they're just so excited over things that an adult won't find exciting...

kids have too much energy. they operate on a different frequency. they can't easily be reasoned with.... that is all draining on a reasonable person. my nephews enter the house and often bring me instant headaches and drain my willpower and ruin my plans... you can only try so hard before you reach a limit where you're just waiting for the kids to grow old enough to actually have matured brain growth so that they can then join the society of gamers i consider myself a part of. you know, playing games/activities that ask for your brain's participation, not games/activities that are played purely casually with no consequence.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
you've never stayed awake 24 hours before?

i'm more like Eyamaz when it comes to sleeping (minus him having a kid which is likely the bigger complication in the formula).

i'm pretty sure i only ever sleep about 5 times a week. and i eat and sleep whenever. not to conform to the standard Earth's day/night cycle. i regularly find myself awake for 24-35 hours at a time. doesn't negatively affect me. it's just normal for me.

the concept of "bedtime" for me is thrown out the window. but then i'm not raising any kids or obligated to some job on a schedule.

personally, from my experience, what drains my efficiency the most has nothing to do with how many hours i've went without sleep... but rather, it would be babysitting my nephews.

they demand such full attention and want me to do things i find boring, like let them play minecraft but they want to enter NEI cheat mode and tell me about all the things they're doing, and its so fun for them but depressing for me. my brain is not interested in conversing with a casual gamer (10 year old) for hours non-stop. that's when i quickly lose energy. they're just so excited over things that an adult won't find exciting...

kids have too much energy. they operate on a different frequency. they can't easily be reasoned with.... that is all draining on a reasonable person. my nephews enter the house and often bring me instant headaches and drain my willpower and ruin my plans... you can only try so hard before you reach a limit where you're just waiting for the kids to grow old enough to actually have matured brain growth so that they can then join the society of gamers i consider myself a part of. you know, playing games/activities that ask for your brain's participation, not games/activities that are played purely casually with no consequence.
Wow. I'm still a young teen, so it's probably good to go to bed early, but it only seems to pay a toll when you actually get tired. But our sleep "schedules" are all diffrent, so Eyemaz could be having less sleep than he should still.

serbaut

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using some form of source code control? If not it is worth learning.

Short crash-course in git (more http://git-scm.com/doc):

# cd to your minecraft workspace
cd minecraft

# create a new git repository
git init

# put everything under source control
git add .

# commit everything in its current state
git commit -m intial

# edit some config file(s)
emacs bnb20/config/zombies.cfg

# see what you have changed
git diff

# optionally add new files
git add bnb20/config/more-zombies.cfg

# when satisfied commit the changes
git commit -a -m "better zombie tracking abilities"

# optionally tag it so you can refer to it easily
git tag 0.11

# look at your history
git log

# rinse repeat.

There is obviously much more more to it but just being able to commit changes with comments is very powerful.

You still need to back up your stuff in case of fire, theft, fat-fingers aso but it is way better than copying files around to keep track of different versions.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using some form of source code control? If not it is worth learning.

Short crash-course in git (more http://git-scm.com/doc):

# cd to your minecraft workspace
cd minecraft

# create a new git repository
git init

# put everything under source control
git add .

# commit everything in its current state
git commit -m intial

# edit some config file(s)
emacs bnb20/config/zombies.cfg

# see what you have changed
git diff

# optionally add new files
git add bnb20/config/more-zombies.cfg

# when satisfied commit the changes
git commit -a -m "better zombie tracking abilities"

# optionally tag it so you can refer to it easily
git tag 0.11

# look at your history
git log

# rinse repeat.

There is obviously much more more to it but just being able to commit changes with comments is very powerful.

You still need to back up your stuff in case of fire, theft, fat-fingers aso but it is way better than copying files around to keep track of different versions.
Just add the command where he sends the repo to git hub and the backup part is solved!(I only use visual SVN, no clue how to do it in git command line)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Eww, github. I use bitbucket.
Github, bitbucket... what flavour you prefer. Just dont forget to commit and upload the changes. I want you having some of our nice Porto!!

by the way, out of curiosity, how much does it cost one of this bottles in the states?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Github, bitbucket... what flavour you prefer. Just dont forget to commit and upload the changes. I want you having some of our nice Porto!!

by the way, out of curiosity, how much does it cost one of this bottles in the states?

Depends on the brand. I opened a bottle of 20 last night which cost me ~$60 and the 30 cost me ~$110

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the brand. I opened a bottle of 20 last night which cost me ~$60 and the 30 cost me ~$110
Ok, not so expensive as I thought it would be. Only the double :p
Was expecting that it would be way more expensive then here. (I am Portuguese, for the ones that havent got it yet...)

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, not so expensive as I thought it would be. Only the double :p
Was expecting that it would be way more expensive then here. (I am Portuguese, for the ones that havent got it yet...)

Nah. The real Port (not that fake western American we make it like Port so we call it Port crap) is not terribly expensive. A bottle of 40 is roughly 250 to 300, but I have a hard time finding it even when I can afford the good stuff.