Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Splosions

Jul 29, 2019
As far is it is concerned, both BnB and inFlux will be out sometime this week. inFlux will be going onto the launcher straight away while BnB will be first released on the patreon server and to a select number of people for videos/guides. T-Shirts with the BnB logo (Marrow) will also be available once I have time to sit down with @Big Bad and work out a couple things.

I will have to admit the last few months of my life have not been, ideal, for the lack of better terminology. Some things I just need to try and turn around, but none of those issues belong here.

No, these are not ETAs these are straight facts. Merry Xmas or something.

Edit for front-loaded context: I thought the date would be in the quote, my bad! It's from 12-15-2014.

Just stopping in for my monthly BnB 2.0 check-in and, seeing the current (amusingly familiar) situation, feel compelled to post for the first time. I want to be clear that I'm not angry -- I do sincerely feel that looking out for yourself and keeping real life in a good place is the most important thing. In that respect, I definitely wish you the best.

That being said, that a week-of-december-15-2014 straight-facts release date is still being pushed 3.5 months later should be fairly telling. Both for you, Eyamaz, and for the people eagerly awaiting the update. If you know that RL and parenthood is dominating your time, why not try posting video/image teasers instead of release dates? This will ease stress on you and allow you to focus on what matters without having to deal with self-imposed deadlines. In addition, it'll prove that progress is actually being made to your supporters, thus keeping the hype train rolling on and the Patreon checks rolling in (modding is time intensive, after all!). Sounds a lot more beneficial for all parties than the current trend of constant delays.

Just my two cents. If BnB 2.0 does in fact come out tomorrow, consider me (happily!) rekt. Hang in there, Eyamaz.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Edit for front-loaded context: I thought the date would be in the quote, my bad! It's from 12-15-2014.

Just stopping in for my monthly BnB 2.0 check-in and, seeing the current (amusingly familiar) situation, feel compelled to post for the first time. I want to be clear that I'm not angry -- I do sincerely feel that looking out for yourself and keeping real life in a good place is the most important thing. In that respect, I definitely wish you the best.

That being said, that a week-of-december-15-2014 straight-facts release date is still being pushed 3.5 months later should be fairly telling. Both for you, Eyamaz, and for the people eagerly awaiting the update. If you know that RL and parenthood is dominating your time, why not try posting video/image teasers instead of release dates? This will ease stress on you and allow you to focus on what matters without having to deal with self-imposed deadlines. In addition, it'll prove that progress is actually being made to your supporters, thus keeping the hype train rolling on and the Patreon checks rolling in (modding is time intensive, after all!). Sounds a lot more beneficial for all parties than the current trend of constant delays.

Just my two cents. If BnB 2.0 does in fact come out tomorrow, consider me (happily!) rekt. Hang in there, Eyamaz.
I thought it was a public release too, but I remember him mentioning it was for beta players only. Eyemaz wouldn't say he would release it in the next week if it was 3 months of work. He will most likely release tommorow if he can get his RL stuff settled.

Splosions

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was a public release too, but I remember him mentioning it was for beta players only. Eyemaz wouldn't say he would release it in the next week if it was 3 months of work. He will most likely release tommorow if he can get his RL stuff settled.

Right, I recall. But did that... actually... happen?

Even the two youtube channels (Pakratt and Anesos) that were specifically called out as getting the pack first don't appear to have anything related to 2.0 on them.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
As the saying goes, life is what happens when you're busy making plans. Maybe back then he honestly though he'd be able to get something out then, but then life happened. Then he decided to make a few changed along the way. Either way, his real life and kid should come first. And I trust him when it comes to his mod packs, so if he feels that it needs to be pushed back a little for this or that, then we wait a few more days. Such is the way of things.

Splosions

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, for sure. That certainly might have been the case. I personally doubt it to be the reality, but again, I hope my assumptions are way off the mark.

In the meantime, I'll go back to lurking.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
As the saying goes, life is what happens when you're busy making plans. Maybe back then he honestly though he'd be able to get something out then, but then life happened. Then he decided to make a few changed along the way. Either way, his real life and kid should come first. And I trust him when it comes to his mod packs, so if he feels that it needs to be pushed back a little for this or that, then we wait a few more days. Such is the way of things.
Yeah, by now I should be expecting many delays, however it should definetly be out within the next week if he's trying hard to get it out. It's probably hard to handle everything for him, assuming he juggles this, a life, and some kind of job.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Are we allowed to mention other mod packs here? I've kinda made a point of not doing so figuring it was against the rules or something, but if we are, then I can point out a few good ones worth checking out.
Dont know if its a rule but at least its some kind of respect and courtesy not mentioning other packs of other pack makers in a pack thread. Saying that, I dont think its disrespectful when I mentioned a CTM map for vanilla MC. Isnt properly a pack but if someone feels offended I will remove my post.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Dont know if its a rule but at least its some kind of respect and courtesy not mentioning other packs of other pack makers in a pack thread. Saying that, I dont think its disrespectful when I mentioned a CTM map for vanilla MC. Isnt properly a pack but if someone feels offended I will remove my post.

I wasn't trying to call you out and say, "don't do that." I was just saying that I know a few good packs (not as good as BnB mind you...) that are worth checking out. And I would be more than happy to point them out to people if allowed.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't trying to call you out and say, "don't do that." I was just saying that I know a few good packs (not as good as BnB mind you...) that are worth checking out. And I would be more than happy to point them out to people if allowed.
That's like advertising PlayStation in a Microsoft workplace. You don't do it. You can slightly mention them and maybe slight comparisons, but not directing them to it specificaly.

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Well time to change up my pattern. I have been lurking on Curse voice, here, and @Eyamaz twitter for updates for BnB 2.0 and its time to find something new.
I know! Ill change my car's oil! (real life work OP)

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree with Dinodinodude. I don't think it is disrespectful to speak of other good packs on here. The fact that you're doing it here and not somewhere else shows which pack you like.
Plus most mod-pack developers are friends not really competitors and don't mind talking about other great packs.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Well. I wanted to do a big April fools day prank on everyone (which is what the delay was supposed to lead into) but RL issues with my little family actually did happen. The real 2.0, and the official server, I had slotted to go live this weekend. Now, I''ll just get it on CV as soon as I can for you all, to make up for the lack of Rick Rolling.

I'll post screen shots of some things in the Beta leading up to release also. As its close enough I'll let things out.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
That's like advertising PlayStation in a Microsoft workplace. You don't do it. You can slightly mention them and maybe slight comparisons, but not directing them to it specificaly.

Heh, funny you should mention that, as I've done that before. Like two years ago there was some big Halo thing across the street from PAX, and for being at PAX we got into that for free. So I went with a friend of mine to check it out (he's a Halo fan). While there would of the MS people asked me what my gamer tag was and I told him I didn't have one. He was confused. Apparently it's inconceivable to them that there are people out there that didn't own a 360. My friend jumped in and said that I just played games on his. He was trying to be a diplomat. But then I went on to tell the guy that I thought that the Xbox3Shitty was a horrible piece of crap, that a 40% hardware failure rate is unacceptable, and on top of that, I thought Halo was kinda boring and dumb. Then I went on and on about how I felt the PS3 was a far better system. The MS guy was shocked, and my friend was embarrassed.

Reactions: MarcNemesis

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, funny you should mention that, as I've done that before. Like two years ago there was some big Halo thing across the street from PAX, and for being at PAX we got into that for free. So I went with a friend of mine to check it out (he's a Halo fan). While there would of the MS people asked me what my gamer tag was and I told him I didn't have one. He was confused. Apparently it's inconceivable to them that there are people out there that didn't own a 360. My friend jumped in and said that I just played games on his. He was trying to be a diplomat. But then I went on to tell the guy that I thought that the Xbox3Shitty was a horrible piece of crap, that a 40% hardware failure rate is unacceptable, and on top of that, I thought Halo was kinda boring and dumb. Then I went on and on about how I felt the PS3 was a far better system. The MS guy was shocked, and my friend was embarrassed.
Wow you should not be proud of that.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Well. I wanted to do a big April fools day prank on everyone (which is what the delay was supposed to lead into) but RL issues with my little family actually did happen. The real 2.0, and the official server, I had slotted to go live this weekend. Now, I''ll just get it on CV as soon as I can for you all, to make up for the lack of Rick Rolling.

I'll post screen shots of some things in the Beta leading up to release also. As its close enough I'll let things out.
And I will be going down to Florida for spring break by then :(. On the bright side, if there is anything broken it will hopefully be fixed by the time I get back :D
(Oh, and I hopefully won't need to worry if there are a few extra delays, which there is a relatively fair chance of it being)

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
i have 280+ games in my Steam library ... so the delay is no big deal for me :p

but i will F5 the crap out of this place and twitter... because!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

No problem. With the new FTB pack, now I have hours of new content to play while I wait for BnB. LOTS of hours............... :p

Again, take your time, perfect and later is better then rushed and sooner.

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh i really like the new form of witchery. i cant wait to see how its integrated into making us drown in our own tears of sorrow and misery. #WatchinDireWolf20

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
I love hard packs like these but I also love to have multiple magic mods. Sadly it seems ThaumCraft never made it into these packs though I see Blood Magic and Witchery did in the previous version. Hoping so much ThaumCraft will make it for a change but I guess not. :(