Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
I played BnB on hardcore, and with over 100 attempts, I can aver that there is no BoP spawn that is unsurvivable, save for the middle of the ocean.

That said, Eyamaz has stated on Twitter that BoP is not included in BnB 2.0. https://twitter.com/Eyamaz/status/580428357906669570
that depends on how many biomes you had set to true. i think there were over 80 possible.

i recall having to disable 90% of the biomes in the config because many biomes were redundant (more forests! yay!) or uninhabitable (food? wood? nope?) .. your chances of coming across a vanilla biome or a village were extremely small since they were competing with 80 other biomes, and many of which did not have village set to true.

many times i spawned in a biome with zero food on an island surrounded by "extra" ocean (a bop biome set to true in the config by default...)

even the ones with "scarce" food were not fit for multiplayer, but only enough food for 1 or 2 players at best. at least until the group got a large stable renewable farm up and running.

in the end i had something like 8 bop biomes set to true (only about 10% of them), which created about 50/50 chance of being bop or vanilla biome and pretty good chance of villages not being hurt by the biome choices. i feel that's the only way to have bop in a pack like this.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Imo BoP doesn't really add anything enjoyable to this particular mod. Just more tedium of trying to survive the first day in an empty biome, then having to gen a new world if you play hardcore like you should be. Out of the 100+ worlds I made, most of the time was spent staring at the gen screen and pausing to let it finish so I don't have the block lag. We're talking at least 5 minutes to gen a world, then a fairly swift death.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
The main issues are many lack rubber wood, which is needed, and Hunger Overhaul crops only grow best in vannila biomes. If the configs for these were fixed to balance I wouldn't be annoyed. I do prefer diversity, however not if the majority of what the pack offers calls for vanilla biomes.
Oh, and according to the countdown https://twitter.com/Eyamaz/status/581226753596792832 , we should be getting the pack by 7:00 EST. Keep refreshing curse!

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
so can someone put a link to the counter for BnB 2.0? i cant seem to find the page
Not sure if the counter is public or just on Eyemaz's computer, but by the POWER OF MATHS I have determined the pack should be released before 7:00 tonight.
Or at, if it releases at 0:00:00

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh...
Not goanna be able to play it until tomorrow if it releases right on the mark :(
I just hope it releases earlier than it says.
And my hopes will likely be crushed.

vrak

Jul 29, 2019
Am I blind or is there no way to install server packs from the new client? (And if so, will they be posted here?)

simchajra

Jul 29, 2019
Am I blind or is there no way to install server packs from the new client? (And if so, will they be posted here?)
Do you mean through the Curse client? If so when browsing packs there you should see a whole bunch already. Though it's the Curse Voice client you need.

vrak

Jul 29, 2019
I do have the new Curse Voice client. And there are quite a few packs on it already, but they're all regular packs. What I would like are the server packs, and I can't seem to find them there. Is it just me being blind?

PhatBatman

Jul 29, 2019

I have been thinking the same thing since the Minecraft Beta was active. For Infinity I had to continue using the FTB Launcher for server downloads.

feralferret

Jul 29, 2019
The anticipation is killing me. I've been refreshing this thread and watching Eyamaz's twitter constantly since Friday. >.> It's so close I can almost taste the despair and misery...

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
The anticipation is killing me. I've been refreshing this thread and watching Eyamaz's twitter constantly since Friday. >.> It's so close I can almost taste the despair and misery...
Again I hope it's sooner rather than later. Does anyone know wether it is a deadline or a on-the mark countdown?

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
refreshing everything that has to do with blood and bones 2.0 every 5 or so mins just hoping that it comes out right then.
does this mean i have no life????