Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, then next question on gas. How to get it? I've tried placing collectors near gas, and tried right clicking with bottles. Never seem to actually get gas.

From Glenn:

Piping isn't easy, and doing it wrong might cause bad things to happen! What you generally want to do is use a gas collector to collect the gas and put it into pipes. However, a gas collector cannot pump a gas longer than 15 blocks. If you want to pump it longer than 15 blocks, you have to use gas pumps. If every 16th block in your pipe line is a gas pump, it will be fully effective. If you somehow mess this up, things might go bad! If you want to pump or collect gases of specific types, you can right click a gas with a sampler, then right click with this sampler on the pump/collector.

You might want to store this gas somewhere. That's what you have tanks for. Right click a tank with a glass bottle will fill the bottle with the gas contained in the tank, or right click a tank with a gas bottle to fill the tank. These gas bottles can be used with lanterns to produce light for varying periods of time. Some gases last longer than other gases.

To use the gas for other purposes than lighting, try pumping it into a gas furnace. It has an unique temperature mechanic; Smelting an item will increase the furnace temperature, which in turn will cause items to smelt faster. Gas consumption remains the same no matter what the temperature is, meaning you can save gas by using a speedy warm furnace.

piping.png

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
So find gas, place collector, pump to tank. Click with bottles to store. Retrieve equipment. Later at base, click wit bottles on tank connected to furnace....and use lanterns so you don't blow yourself up while doing it.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, then next question on gas. How to get it? I've tried placing collectors near gas, and tried right clicking with bottles. Never seem to actually get gas.

For the green gas which floats up, you need to have the Gas Collector on the ceiling so the gas can flow in to its sides. For red gas which stays on the ground, put the collector on the ground. The gas just needs to be able to flow in to the sides of the collector. Then just hook up some pipes and a tank. You do not need to have a Gas Pump unless the gas needs to travel more than 15 blocks. (I believe it's 15 blocks.) You won't be able to collect all the gas because it won't all flow to the collector. You could do a lot of moving the collector around to try and get all the gas if you want or try digging channels to get the gas to collect in smaller areas. Bring a bunch of bottles to collect the gas out of the tank since you can't pick up the tank and retain the gas inside it. (or I just missed how to do that) The Nether gases don't flow, so if you really want to try and collect those gases, you will have to keep moving the collector next to each block of gas.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
So find gas, place collector, pump to tank. Click with bottles to store. Retrieve equipment. Later at base, click wit bottles on tank connected to furnace....and use lanterns so you don't blow yourself up while doing it.

Having a torch in your hand does not cause gases to explode but it will light up the area. Although in my opinion, it should cause gases to explode. Maybe Eyamaz can find a way to make it so. ;)

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Having a torch in your hand does not cause gases to explode but it will light up the area. Although in my opinion, it should cause gases to explode. Maybe Eyamaz can find a way to make it so. ;)

Really?! You have to actually place the torch for the explosion to happen?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Some form of progression here would be good. I hate how little I can carry early on, but making a couple of backpacks and being able to carry everything without any weight issues is a little too easy (I guess :) ). Having the packs themselves weigh something seems like a good compromise.
'

Ive reconfigured packs. they hold less inventory and you can only have a few of them in your inventory. strong boxes are now a special case, you can find them rarely in dungeons, but you can't craft them. They will be renamed eventually too.

The recipe for Cobalt Axe is incorrect. In config/minetweaker/BnBVanillaRecipes.cfg at line 55, you have:
recipes.addShaped(<279>, [[oreDict.ingotCobalt,oreDict.ingotCobalt,null],[oreDict.ingotCobalt,oreDict.stickWood,null],[null,oreDict.ingotWood,null]]);​

Notice the oreDict.ingotWood near the end. Should be oreDict.stickWood. :oops:

fixed once i release 1.0.4

Glens Gases has some problems. Never good when you make a new world, and just lag the first day hearing "boom, rumble, BOOM".

I wonder about the mechanic he used for the flow? I know the cool tanks (extra utilities?) that you could make in any shape, use up a lot of server resources as they keep checking fluid level between connected tanks and moving liquid back and forth. Might be something like that.

They do add a huge amount of difficulty, and fit with the pack.
- I like the flammable gas, makes you be careful placing torches.
- I dislike the coal dust, the explosion is huge. Just means i don't mine coal, it's not needed for a whole lot. Charcoal is just as good. (I've yet to figure out how to make the gas ovens work or find a utube video where the someone can make them work without just creating a stack of bottled gases, so no free diamonds from coal stacks.)
-Redgas is currently insane, creating huge holes down to bedrock and going off like nukes.
-The 'not redgas but looks like it' I tend to not mess with, i think it goes away if water is spread but causes bad reactions? I avoid it in case it's redgas.
-Steam i like. Makes sense.
-Smoke needs to decay, not just move up. Gets stuck way too much, even under torches, and hangs around forever.

Because of the reduced light, the lanterns with torches are pretty much useless, as they give less light than torches. Glowstone lanterns are great for around the house, not for mining. Simply too expensive in iron and glowstone to make hundreds of them for mining. Maybe if you didn't lose the glowstone and could recover them.

As always, JMHO

The size of the explosions has been cut roughly in half, solves most of the gases issues.

coal is no longer completely pointless as of 1.0.4. 1 coal and 2 sticks give two torches.

rightclick the lantern before you pick it up to take the light source out of it before breaking it to retain the light source. likewise, you can place the lantern and then add the torch/glowstone afterward. its an, odd mechanic, but saves the issue of loosing your light source inside. no idea why the light level of the torch lantern is so low though.

Midaychi

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing on a small private linux server with some friends using the 1.03 version of this pack. We also manage the server directly, so I know we haven't changed much from the default pack (besides re-enabling biomes o plenty, but using the vanilla worldgen with bop included).

We've had a number of issues. One I think you know about, where during worldgen rarely the world will spontaneously crash the server with an exception while ticking a block, Ie:

Code:
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR] net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Exception while ticking a block
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:663)
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:276)
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:587)
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:484)
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at java.util.AbstractCollection.toArray(AbstractCollection.java:136)
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at java.util.ArrayList.addAll(ArrayList.java:530)
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.world.Explosion.func_77278_a(Unknown Source)
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.world.WorldServer.func_72885_a(WorldServer.java:997)
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72876_a(World.java:2716)
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at glenn.gasesframework.BlockGas.onFire(BlockGas.java:332)
2014-03-25 04:36:56 [INFO] [STDERR]     at glenn.gasesframework.BlockGas.onBlockExploded(BlockGas.java:926)

Etc etc looping for a long while.

Another is that block id 950, used by metallurgy ender ore types, with all its variable damage types like .9 and .11, show up as purple and black ingame. Isn't discoverable in NEI, and breaks instantly when smacked. We've also had instances where we've found bronze or iron brick blocks in the place of ores. I believe the server owner reports finding end stone in the nether, on occasion.. Weird stuff.

We've also had a severe TPS issue, even with only two people on and barely any contraptions or structures, that's only gotten worse with the passage of time. We thought it was zombie awareness but as it turns out, we tried running the pack without it and not only was the modpack suddenly pretty easy but the tps issues persisted.There seems to be no debug text about it besides the server not being able to keep up. We're really not sure what's causing it and it's making the game pretty unplayable. The server resources are not maxed out.

Finally, not really a bug I guess but invader miners have been kind of derpy and tunneling all over the place haphazardly and not really accomplishing too much. One did manage to breach the surface around a fort I built, and I guess while I was offline some coal dust floated up underneath it and was ignited, as I found a large hole where part of my fort used to be. Score one for the zombies?

I'd also like to mention that the hats mod seems to function just fine and is a silly addition to an otherwise inhospitable experience. (All of the above issues happened before we tried that mod, btw, so it's not the cause.)

Edit: we work/live together ingame and there aren't any people spread out. The Tps issue used to be mostly during the night, but we recently started moving a few chunks over to a vanilla forest/swamp/plains three-way biome (Because all the crops are coded to use vanilla biomes and a 'forest' seed will not grow well at all in a 'spruce forest' for instance.) This was triggered by us finally discovering a tier of metal that mattocks could be made of. Before we were just defending a pre-existing npc village and trying not to get the farmland trampled/blown up while we went crazy with watering cans and hiding underneath a small group of turrets and a lost soul plus an obsidian golem or two.

Now the TPS issue isn't isolated to night, but is only the worst at night, causing nights and any tasks to last nearly four times longer. It's a little better at day, but not by a ton. Really no idea what's causing it.

Last edited:

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
We've also had a severe TPS issue, even with only two people on and barely any contraptions or structures, that's only gotten worse with the passage of time. We thought it was zombie awareness but as it turns out, we tried running the pack without it and not only was the modpack suddenly pretty easy but the tps issues persisted.There seems to be no debug text about it besides the server not being able to keep up. We're really not sure what's causing it and it's making the game pretty unplayable. The server resources are not maxed out.

Try disabling Special Mobs. That is what was causing our TPS issue. It will lower the amount of mobs that come after you, it seems, so you may want to crank up the settings for Zombie Awareness to compensate.

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
@Midaychi, that's the same crash I was gettig from Glenn's Gases, and I also get a ton of TPS issues. Surprisingly, It's special mobs and not Lycanite's causing it, even though the file size for Lycanite's is 10x larger. There must be some way to turn down the amount of mobs that spawn at once.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
What do the lava monsters show up as? father toast has several mods, and if they are part of special mobs, might be causing it. They spawn based on lava i think, and not necessarily player proximity. (might be wrong on that). Basing the assumption on going to the nether and seeing tons of them in the lava pools when I'm a couple hundred blocks away. And of course, lava monsters mix poorly with flammable/explosive gases. :)

Midaychi

Jul 29, 2019
Disabling special mobs did indeed fix the persistant tps issues. We do still have a fat worldgen from time to time though, and for some reason the server had a big halt and lagged a lot for the first minute or three after a new player joined, then promptly stopped.

I think the big gas-splosion crash caused a huge amount of spidery windy non-natural underground holes that permeate the ground pretty hard. They're not present in the spawn or areas we were hanging out before the event, only in the new generated areas, and span all the way to bedrock and back for miles.

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently I'm a master Alchemist, I don't even need to abide by Equivalent Exchange!
5j8mGAc.png

I don't know if this is just a run of the mill ID issue, or if it is linked to that issue some people are having with ores converting in crushers/furnaces, but this recipe shows up every time I play, so it seems reproduceable for me at least.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
This is happening to me and the FTB launcher only lets me have 1.0.3?

Because I haven't released 1.0.4 yet, I was sick for a few days.
Good note for when I do release though, TPS issues from the AI should be fixed now. Still some on worldgen from gases, but tolerable except for the first few minutes of a new world.
Trying to figure out the M3 issues atm.

jax__099

Jul 29, 2019
Because I haven't released 1.0.4 yet, I was sick for a few days.
Good note for when I do release though, TPS issues from the AI should be fixed now. Still some on worldgen from gases, but tolerable except for the first few minutes of a new world.
Trying to figure out the M3 issues atm.
cool i was reding through the forums and i realised you didn't release it yet XD i was liking it until i randomly crashed... also the same way you integrated hardcore ender expansion possibly intergrate http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2099811-164-forge-netherx-v13-new-update/ ? it adds a few nether ores and nether biomes, i feel it works well with lycanites mobs and nether biomes o plenty, plus other features that could be easily integrated... but then again they would need tinker's integration, as well as you to think up of more dandy things to do with poison lakes XD!
Also TY 4 quick reply!!!

geneweaver

Jul 29, 2019
Thank You. we (friend & me) are having a blast, the feeling of fear and joy from successful missions is great. thanks

Reactions: Eyamaz

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I'm cursed to be alone in the dark. :)
I like to play on servers vs. single player. But so far striking out. My own group has folks busy with work and real life. Prospectcraft has never been up in the last 10 days and LegendsUnleashed has some conflict with its provider that crashes the server if more than one person gets on. I search each day for someone putting up a bnb server, but so far that's it. If anyone hears of an actual working server, let me know.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I feel like I'm cursed to be alone in the dark. :)
I like to play on servers vs. single player. But so far striking out. My own group has folks busy with work and real life. Prospectcraft has never been up in the last 10 days and LegendsUnleashed has some conflict with its provider that crashes the server if more than one person gets on. I search each day for someone putting up a bnb server, but so far that's it. If anyone hears of an actual working server, let me know.
So the server crashes when there is more than one person? that's just way too ironic. The server dedicated to multiplayer minecraft breaks when there are multiple players. XD

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
It's not going to have some of the things I want to include yet, but I will be putting up 1.0.4 sometime after work tonight. It has a lot of the lag fixes. I'm not going to make the players wait for them while I work on parts of the progression.

Reactions: Batch2

wallofchaos

Jul 29, 2019
IGN/aka Minecraft name is

wallofchaos

Any possible to way add me? im 41 years old and have a couple friends that would love to join me. 3 or 4 tops. let me know. I'de love to play on this pack.
And if you ever need help with anything. I can try to help. Ran servers for years.

Thanks. I couldn't find a "recruitment forum" Probably due to having a severe abscess tooth that snot making me think straight.

Thank you for the consideration

Best Reqards
Dean