Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Finding Ghast Tears is becoming my hardest challenge yet in this pack. I've shot about a dozen of those nasty floating heads (and died about the same amount) but none of them ever dropped me a tear. Did you by any chance disable them being able to drop tears or am I just very unlucky?
Or could you maybe consider making them available as rare dungeon loot? @Eyamaz (OK, now I am just dreaming I guess :D)

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
Finding Ghast Tears is becoming my hardest challenge yet in this pack. I've shot about a dozen of those nasty floating heads (and died about the same amount) but none of them ever dropped me a tear. Did you by any chance disable them being able to drop tears or am I just very unlucky?
Or could you maybe consider making them available as rare dungeon loot? @Eyamaz (OK, now I am just dreaming I guess :D)
When you get 4 of them, if you have enough infuscolium, carmot and essence, you can make ghast seeds out of them with magical crops.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I made a small server for me and a few friends. We're having a blast with this pack!

The only problem is we can't progress with growing crops. I understand most crops require a forest or plain to grow, but with BoP finding a vanilla forest or plain has been next to impossible. I found an extream hills biome so I know vanilla biomes can spawn, its just such a small chance since BoP has 80 new biomes and like 20 sub biomes.

I tried to grow forest crops in a birch forest hoping it would grow. I didn't have any luck, but may have not waited long enough. Any information would be great! My friends really want to start growing crops.

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I made a small server for me and a few friends. We're having a blast with this pack!

The only problem is we can't progress with growing crops. I understand most crops require a forest or plain to grow, but with BoP finding a vanilla forest or plain has been next to impossible. I found an extream hills biome so I know vanilla biomes can spawn, its just such a small chance since BoP has 80 new biomes and like 20 sub biomes.

I tried to grow forest crops in a birch forest hoping it would grow. I didn't have any luck, but may have not waited long enough. Any information would be great! My friends really want to start growing crops.

You do not need to find a vanilla Plains or Forest biome. BoP biomes are registered as these types of biomes. Check this out (lower part of the config file) https://github.com/Glitchfiend/Biom...java/biomesoplenty/common/core/BOPBiomes.java

Reactions: sqitchy

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
It still kind of sucks that to grow crops I have to find a redwood forest, prairie, or shrub lands to grow crops. Its worth it though lok

It is worth finding a good area. My personal choice is a forest type biome next to a sea. I have seen me travel for days to find a good starting area. But it is important because of the reduction to 4* nerf on growth rate.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
It is worth finding a good area. My personal choice is a forest type biome next to a sea. I have seen me travel for days to find a good starting area. But it is important because of the reduction to 4* nerf on growth rate.
See the problem is we've already advanced up to iron tools. We set up in an outback biome next to a mountain covered in snow, ender forest, wasteland, and the glorious lava biome. Unfortunately we've gathered all the berries from all surrounding biomes, and food is running out. Luckily we have a cow farm started, and on an adventure me and a friend were luckily enough to each tame 2 wolves. It sucks having to move all our stuff, but we really have no choice. There are hay blockes we can take to make wheat and make some food to move everything, but we need a decent crop set up before we advance any farther.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
See the problem is we've already advanced up to iron tools. We set up in an outback biome next to a mountain covered in snow, ender forest, wasteland, and the glorious lava biome. Unfortunately we've gathered all the berries from all surrounding biomes, and food is running out. Luckily we have a cow farm started, and on an adventure me and a friend were luckily enough to each tame 2 wolves. It sucks having to move all our stuff, but we really have no choice. There are hay blockes we can take to make wheat and make some food to move everything, but we need a decent crop set up before we advance any farther.
Well... you can move.... or you can make your farm 4 times bigger to compensate for the 4 times longer time to grow crops.... But this only works in the long term..
Living in the "North" is harsh and the winter is comming!

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Well... you can move.... or you can make your farm 4 times bigger to compensate for the 4 times longer time to grow crops.... But this only works in the long term..
Living in the "North" is harsh and the winter is comming!
See i have no choice but to move. The crops won't grow in the outback biome. We played for 5 days, a few of those days 12 hours and all 50 plants stayed at 0%. We have to find a forest or plain crops will grow in[DOUBLEPOST=1409670535][/DOUBLEPOST]
See i have no choice but to move. The crops won't grow in the outback biome. We played for 5 days, a few of those days 12 hours and all 50 plants stayed at 0%. We have to find a forest or plain crops will grow in
will add 2 of the black berry plants did grow with bone meal. Only 2 out of 50 would accept bone meal however. I think it's because the outback biome is desert and plains so the plants were confused due to it not being 100% plains biome

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Make plastic bags. Makes moving a lot easier.

Shouldn't be too tough if you have several people. I always move in BNB. First spot is where food is. Gather as much as i can while gathering what i need for a smelter, make plastic bags, and then go on exploring runs for a new spot. Once I find a decent place, I build what i can, move the rest, and then start the mine, smelter etc. The trick is to not build so much at first that it's hard to move.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Make plastic bags. Makes moving a lot easier.

Shouldn't be too tough if you have several people. I always move in BNB. First spot is where food is. Gather as much as i can while gathering what i need for a smelter, make plastic bags, and then go on exploring runs for a new spot. Once I find a decent place, I build what i can, move the rest, and then start the mine, smelter etc. The trick is to not build so much at first that it's hard to move.
It's just a scary process lol. We've been living in an obsidian tower which seems to keep exploding. No idea why. Other then that it was safe from mobs. The outside became a huge crater from creepers trying to explode themselves in, but the obsidian was fine. The first time I played BnB I found a solo villager house and thought "Awesome! This will keep me safe!" That is until the creepers came.I about pissed myself. Digging underground is worse. I'm terrified of the sound of creepers blowing up above me and creatures digging blocks. Building a big pillar is ok, but when day comes better run for your life, that is unless the mancores get you. Or lighting lol

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
If mobs can't get you, they go into grief mode and will start destroying most man made blocks they can get to (planks, cobble, ect). But they will leave naturally occurring blocks alone (dirt, stone, gravel, ect). So you want to build out of that.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
If mobs can't get you, they go into grief mode and will start destroying most man made blocks they can get to (planks, cobble, ect). But they will leave naturally occurring blocks alone (dirt, stone, gravel, ect). So you want to build out of that.
Even that being said creepers can't tell I'm inside a tower made of obsidian. They only know im inside of it and want me dead. Creepers are also insanely demented lol. I noticed creepers coming up to the obsidian and just exploding. I've also seen them randomly exploding for no reason, and targeting mobs and blowing them up to lol! About 10 to 20 creepers explode each night, and the tower makes exploding sounds for whatever reason. On top of that silverfish things randomly appear everywhere. There is so much destruction around the tower, mobs hardly even spawn anymore. I don't know if that's supposed to happen as a part of advancing, but now I need mobs and they don't spawn at night lol. It's literary a 5 by 5 chunk just destroyed mostly from creepers blowing up around the tower.

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
Even that being said creepers can't tell I'm inside a tower made of obsidian. They only know im inside of it and want me dead. Creepers are also insanely demented lol. I noticed creepers coming up to the obsidian and just exploding. I've also seen them randomly exploding for no reason, and targeting mobs and blowing them up to lol! About 10 to 20 creepers explode each night, and the tower makes exploding sounds for whatever reason. On top of that silverfish things randomly appear everywhere. There is so much destruction around the tower, mobs hardly even spawn anymore. I don't know if that's supposed to happen as a part of advancing, but now I need mobs and they don't spawn at night lol. It's literary a 5 by 5 chunk just destroyed mostly from creepers blowing up around the tower.

We once got to a point where we had exhausted all the food surrounding our base and we did not have a farm up and running. We bit the bullet and reset the server.

I find a Sky base to be the easiest way to make a secure base.. check out one of my sky bases if you get time.

Also get use to not using blocks on the griefing list until your in a safe secure area where you can build safely. My griefing list video will show you how to find it and a link to my Google drive list.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
We once got to a point where we had exhausted all the food surrounding our base and we did not have a farm up and running. We bit the bullet and reset the server.

I find a Sky base to be the easiest way to make a secure base.. check out one of my sky bases if you get time.

Also get use to not using blocks on the griefing list until your in a safe secure area where you can build safely. My griefing list video will show you how to find it and a link to my Google drive list.
I look forward to skybases in 1.7. Gravity ftw. :p

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of mob damage comes from players building, placing some blocks, a torch, etc

Comes night, the mobs want to erase your work. If you need to build stairs, ramps, paths, make sure to use stone or stone bricks, not cobble. Or just plain dirt.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
They don't just blow up randomly, they're after something...Did you have saplings or torches down there?

The big silverfish and water things are from drowning creepers exploding.