biomes o plenty vs extrabiomes xl

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
This thread needs to die. There is no more competition: ExtraBiomes XL has admitted they're behind and they're totally reworking the mod and adding Underground Biomes just to keep up.

You use Biomes O Plenty right now. Not only is it the more feature-laden mod (with such things as specialized wood and nether biomes), but it is also the more compatible mod.

wait where has EBXL admitted?

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
By their actions: They're working to add a ton more biomes and integrate other stuff that BoP already has. They're behind and they know it.

oh i thought you meant they had made a statement that Bop is better or something :p

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
Was that a joke or are you actually saying that 1.5.1 and 1.4.7 are pretty old versions? If so, that's stupid, FTB is still in 1.4.7 and Minecraft is only at 1.5.2.

that have been alot of Bop updates for 1.5.2

FocalFury

Jul 29, 2019
I see people using the Better World Generation and Biomes O Plenty
Both of them say to:Set level-type to "BWG4" or "BIOMESOP" for server play

Sooooo, which one should I do haha.
If it makes a difference I'm settining up a very basic server that will have mods
Better World Generation 4
Biomes O Plenty
Mo Creatures
Inventory Tweaks
This is because I got a buddy who is brand new to minecraft....gotta start him off slow for a while and make sure he gets all the basics before we go to FTB :)

Thanks for the help everyone!!!

Swagerlicous

Jul 29, 2019
Help, for some reason im having to deal with biomes which i have been disabled in the config file but still showing in my world, i've tried lowering their biome weights, that doesn't seem to change it :/ any reasons why is occurs?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Three things,

Number One: Welcome to the forums.
Two: This is a very old thread, but I can understand you not wishing to start a new one, but in this case it would have been acceptable.
Three: Are you playing in a single player world, or on a server? If you are on a server, your BoP configs will mean nothing, as it's the server that generates the terrain. If you are playing single player, already generated terrain will stay the same even after you change the configs. Have you tried starting a new world with the new config settings?