biomes o plenty vs extrabiomes xl

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Youre playing ye olde version of BoP if you think they are equally great or XL fits FTB better.

XL is to vanilla biomes as BoP is to XL. This will change with XL4 possibly.

Reactions: Mjw

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer BOP. I love how the biomes not only add new woods and blocks, but also increased spawn for some mobs, like mystic grove spawns witches, jungles spawn jungle spiders ect.

Reactions: Mjw

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing with BoP and I love the biomes it adds. This is on the 1.4.7 version however. The new updated version looks amazing.

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing the 1.5 beta pack and love BoP. Much less snow with no modification, and no more boring nether with natura. (which i may add is an amazing mod and works like a charm with BoP)

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing the 1.5 beta pack and love BoP. Much less snow with no modification, and no more boring nether with natura. (which i may add is an amazing mod and works like a charm with BoP)

Completely off topic but FYI 1 more message like this and I will folow you...

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
BoP is really good but when I make a new instance I think I will test with both BoP and EXVL and disable every biome in EXBL except wasteland, mountain ridge and rainforest and then disable the BoP versions of those.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
BoP is really good but when I make a new instance I think I will test with both BoP and EXVL and disable every biome in EXBL except wasteland, mountain ridge and rainforest and then disable the BoP versions of those.
how are the ebxl versions of those biomes better?

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
I do prefer the ebxl wasteland and mountainridge, but all the others are better too. The textures of the main blocks in those biomes for BOP are kinda......bleh. That is my only negative comment for BOP though

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
This thread needs to die. There is no more competition: ExtraBiomes XL has admitted they're behind and they're totally reworking the mod and adding Underground Biomes just to keep up.

You use Biomes O Plenty right now. Not only is it the more feature-laden mod (with such things as specialized wood and nether biomes), but it is also the more compatible mod.

Reactions: PeggleFrank and Mjw