Biomes O' Plenty - orchard apple tree

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone think of a way to automate the planting and harvesting of an orchard apple tree? It isnt recognized by the mfr farms, and no redpower in 1.5.2.

If I wait for one to mature all the fruit, I get one apple per leaf block, which can be quite a lot.

Should I try to automate this, or just brash down and use the orchard mode of the forestry multi farm with a foreatry apple oak?

I know turtles can do this, but I dont use them.

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't orchard apple trees part of Binnies extratrees? If so, you should probably throw them in a forestry farm of some kind. If you're playing on 1.5 you can actually fully automate forestry farms through bees, as you can get either apatite from Apatine bees or Saltpeter from Hazardous bees.

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
ah, sorry then. Can the forestry multifarm even use those trees then? Other than that I guess you could try MFR farms (If you're playing on Ultimate)

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
look up turtle tree farm...you could probably adept the timeing on one to work

sorry didnt read the last line....just plant a lot and pick as needed?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, the fruit picker does not understand them yet. maybe in the next version. Maybe I'll semi-automate it. I'll plant and chop, and let some wooden golems clean up the mess.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
if it's just the apples you want plant like 5-10 and just grab some as you walk by