Biomass and other stuff

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

mazza86

Jul 29, 2019
Hi to everyone I'm just starting to play it and I've got some doubt...
I'veTried to realize the same system that ethos did but I'm stuck at the beginning of it... Some one could please explain to me all the step to realize it....

I've found a word mountain.... Ti with q skeleton sooner and a zombie one, inside of it also sown some word ball... Do you know if I can realize 3 different xp sistema for these 3 different mob? Or do you know how they belive like where do they shown in this odd mountain?

Thank you all and sorry for the stupid question :)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
For biomass you need to put saplings or some other "green" item into a fermenter along with water and fertilizer. Then you need to power it with an engine to start making biomass.

You can then put that biomass into a biogas engine as a fuel source. It will also need some lava in it.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
You can then put that biomass into a biogas engine as a fuel source. It will also need some lava in it.

Agreed with Hoff, but note that you only need Lava to start up the biogas engine, not to keep it running. You just need Biomass for that.

Anyway, I have a question. Would a Still and a Biofuel-powered Boiler be more efficient than just directly using the Biomass? A 3x3, Liquid-fired, Low-pressure Boiler.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Agreed with Hoff, but note that you only need Lava to start up the biogas engine, not to keep it running. You just need Biomass for that.

Anyway, I have a question. Would a Still and a Biofuel-powered Boiler be more efficient than just directly using the Biomass? A 3x3, Liquid-fired, Low-pressure Boiler.
Isn't a refinery like 10x more efficient than a still? But it should definitely be more effective but is much more costly.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
No, A still is more effective at the biomass to biofuel than a refinery, but it can run faster. I don't know the exact numbers so I can't do that maths however.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah sorry I mixed faster with efficient. Still is 10:3 while Refinery is 12:3 or 4:1.

mazza86

Jul 29, 2019
ok so correct me if i'm wrong= fertilizer (+ sepling, and a pump that pump up the water to it, or is it not necessary?, an engine to power the fertilizer) a pipe that bring the biomass to a biogas engine (with just a backet of lava for starting it) and a cable tas an output of power...right?
also if i want to storage soe of the biomass i need to make a tank between the fertilizer and the biogas right?

and also is suggested to make a logger for keep the sapling full...

really helpfull... thank you guys :)

and what can you say to me about the spawning thing?

mazza86

Jul 29, 2019
But I have an other question... To create a biomass store I need a tank ( i hope that this is the right name of it), but how do I build it? I and with what?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
But I have an other question... To create a biomass store I need a tank ( i hope that this is the right name of it), but how do I build it? I and with what?

You can either use a Railcraft Iron Tank (see the Railcraft wiki page for how to make one of those) or just a regular old Buildcraft Tank (one block is made with 8 glass in a "furnace" recipe, stack them on top of each other to get more storage.)

mazza86

Jul 29, 2019
i really do not undestand what i am doing wrong?!
Immagine.png

so ive got the fermenter powered, the aquaacumolator and the gas engine my problem is that i can not transport the liquid from the aquaacumolator to the fermenter and the biomass to the biogass engine, i've tried with all tipe of pipe...

could you help me fixing it?!

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need that redstone engine on the waterproof pipe on top of the AA, the machine will automatically push the water out. Put a water source square at this bottom middle side (where you can see the orange output side) also put one under the redstone engine.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Wooden waterproof pipe on top of the fermenter into gold waterproof pipes into the container - put redstone engines or use gates (liq in tank ~ energy pulser) on wooden waterproof pipe section.

mazza86

Jul 29, 2019
ok so iwas tring to make a farm... but the logger doesn't spit me out the log... i put a pipe on top of the logger powered by a redstone engine that pump out everything (sand, sapling and apple) but not this f*****g log...

please help me...

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember correctly, logs are spit out from the side, while saplings and apples are spit out at the top/bottom (auto-eject into chests/pipes, no need for a powered wooden pipe).