Best Ways to Increase FPS?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so I've done some testing on a newly generated world, and somehow using the same mods and settings as I previously did, I'm hitting 197 FPS on a high and 120 FPS on a low. So the problem here is definitely chunk corruption. Question is, how would I transfer my builds over to a new world?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new world with no machines is going to have great fps
make a creative world and build a 16x16 room with all the TE3 machines and a power system that can keep three of them running at the same time. then tell us the fps.

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
new world with no machines is going to have great fps
make a creative world and build a 16x16 room with all the TE3 machines and a power system that can keep three of them running at the same time. then tell us the fps.
I don't quite have the time to do that. So I'd like if someone could import my builds to a new world so I can test that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently playing a custom modpack with 213 mods on a Macbook Pro 13-Inch Mid-2012. On my current world I'm hitting 6 FPS on a low and 20 FPS on a high. I've tried adding JVM Parameters, decreasing my graphics settings, etc. etc. I'm still getting the same crappy FPS. Anyone know any good FPS increasing tips?
NOTE: Yes, I know Macs aren't the best gaming computers, especially Macbooks. But I can't exactly buy a new computer soon, so I'll need these tips for now.

You can do all the above with some degree of success, but the plain truth of the matter is you dont have the power for the pack, would you enter F1 in a family saloon ?, you are then left with a couple of options, one is to play on servers, as this way the server host carries a large part of the load & frees up your cpu some what, even with this you may only just be able to play on tiny with all off, the second option is a lighter pack, less mods less strain, less hardware required to run.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
You can do all the above with some degree of success, but the plain truth of the matter is you dont have the power for the pack, would you enter F1 in a family saloon ?, you are then left with a couple of options, one is to play on servers, as this way the server host carries a large part of the load & frees up your cpu some what, even with this you may only just be able to play on tiny with all off, the second option is a lighter pack, less mods less strain, less hardware required to run.

his cpu has more then enough power to drive the game its his gpu that cant drive whats happening on the screen. a server wont help with this.