Best Ways to Increase FPS?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
Ever tried to set the Graphics to Fast and the Performance to Max FPS
Because changing the performance setting from Balanced to Max FPS is a HUGE FPS boost (i got min +30FPS)
And Enable Advanced OpenGL
Also play in Fullscreen mode

At last you could reduce your Render Distance

Also i found these Java Paramters effective
they are just working with java 7
DO NOT USE JAVA 8 it makes my FPS much lower ...
(i have NOT made them just found somewhere and modified a bit)
Code:
 -Xms3584m -XX:PermSize=1024m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

Make sure to set the ram in the Launcher to 3.75GB

Without these Optimations i would have around 35-50 FPS (With parameters ) that isnt like nothing but it also isnt very great
With them i get around 120 (Vsync enabled without it i would get like 230) THAT is much better

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
there is one more way people don't speak of very often. play on peaceful or switch to peaceful as soon as you enter your base. you raduce number of entities by 60+ that way which helps a lot.

Apart of that sometimes there is only so much you can do without upgreading hardware.

Reactions: RedBoss

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for reviving this thread but I need help again. I've just been forced to remove IC2 (aka one of my longtime favourites) because I'm hitting 1 FPS. The worst bit is that it barely helps. I'm running 180-ish mods with 2-3GB RAM allocated, and also with FPS Plus to be safe. And yes, I am trying to get a new computer.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for reviving this thread but I need help again. I've just been forced to remove IC2 (aka one of my longtime favourites) because I'm hitting 1 FPS. The worst bit is that it barely helps. I'm running 180-ish mods with 2-3GB RAM allocated, and also with FPS Plus to be safe. And yes, I am trying to get a new computer.
You probably need to rip out another 80 ore more mods. We keep leading to that fact.

Last edited:

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
redboss is right, the hd 4000 series igpu in your computer isnt able to push 200+ mods on any world with say 25 machines in one-two chunks. you need to drop down to around 120 mods and really space out your stuff if you wish to play on that computer.

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
The irony of this is that I've already removed 50+ mods but my FPS has become lower...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well that can be caused by corrupted chuncks, you may have done it by removing those 50 mods and playing on a world that had them when it started. go down to 120-130 mods and start a new world and space out your base i.e ic2 and TE3 stuff have a space of 2 chucks between them

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
well that can be caused by corrupted chuncks, you may have done it by removing those 50 mods and playing on a world that had them when it started. go down to 120-130 mods and start a new world and space out your base i.e ic2 and TE3 stuff have a space of 2 chucks between them
Whoa whoa whoa. START A NEW WORLD? THIS IS 2 MONTHS OF PROGRESS!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY START A NEW WORLD?!

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa whoa whoa. START A NEW WORLD? THIS IS 2 MONTHS OF PROGRESS!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY START A NEW WORLD?!

you removed 50 plus mods from your world and your fps has gotten worse, has it not? the only thing i can think of right now that would cause this to happen is that you have corrupted something by removing 50+ mods.

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
So how would I move ALL of my progress to a new world? Unless someone is willing to MCEdit it for me, in that case I'll PM them the modpack and the world save.

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for being such a jackass. Currently in a bad mood due to some personal issues, and the whole "world corruption" thing didn't help. Anyways, could someone teach me how to use MCEdit to transfer everything from my current "corrupted" world to a new one?

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
But the thing is that I'm more worried about rebuilding everything than getting my items back...

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
When i make big progress in world and i want new world without starting all over again, i usually go put all of my items in several big backpacks ,save items via NEI , load new world, load items ,make new base, and place all stuff .. I have done 3 worlds like that until i was bored because i had too much stuff, i was literally God of my worlds.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
It went without saying, but backing up your world before making drastic changes to your pack is par for the course. Regular backups, say at the end of every play session, is recommended. It sucks that you loaded your world after making these changes, but backing things up should be a practice in anything computer related.

Reactions: Padfoote

mk16

Jul 29, 2019
One qestion guys I have at the moment HP m6-1232sa laptop. Will upgreading memory from 6 to 16 RAM give me a noticable increase in FPS Laptop specs are here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=uk&lc=en&docname=c03734146

if you have 6-8gbs of ram then there isnt realy anything you can do ram wise to help and, adding more would be a waste. what you can do is get a new pc..... why you ask well because the amd gpu in your computer scores about 50 points higher then daleks igpu. and being a laptop no you cant upgrade your gpu on some laptops you can but, not yours.

just to let you know points wise im using futuremark scores to look this up. your card scores 1170 points my card scores 11310 points.

Last edited:

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so I've done some testing on a newly generated world, and somehow using the same mods and settings as I previously did, I'm hitting 197 FPS on a high and 120 FPS on a low. So the problem here is definitely chunk corruption. Question is, how would I transfer my builds over to a new world?