Best way to transfer from Tubes to Pipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
I've got Relays to move from Pipes to Tubes, but the other direction is so far less elegant. I'd like to find a good way to Void Pipe overflow on a couple Tube systems. So far, I have a Restriction Tube feeding a chest, then use a Wooden Pipe to pump out the other side.

Alternatively, is there an RP2 block that deletes anything dumped into it? I know GregTech has something like this, however I'm playing the DW20 modpack.

After a bit of experimentation, I've found that the new Tesseracts interact equally with pipes and tubes. Maybe I'll set up a central garbage dump tesseract and connect to it from all my systems that might overflow.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
A Transposer or a Filter can spit items out into a conveniently placed block of lava.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
My understanding is that such a disposal method is lag-heavy, and the very reason that void pipes became a thing in the first place.

Medason

Jul 29, 2019
Could you not also have those RP blocks spit the items into a obsidian pipe which feeds into a void pipe?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
My first attempts at transposer to obsidian transport pipes didn't work out that well. Turns out you need to leave a 1-block space between them. That allows them to function together.

I still wish there were a relay-style block for pipes.

vScourge

Jul 29, 2019
Is it the TubeStuff mod from Tekkit that contained the Incinerator block? Could always add that via a custom modpack if you felt the filter-to-lava thing was no good.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Although the new tesseract is your best bet as you've discovered, the foolproof method in any case like this is to use a chest as a interface medium. If other interactions end up causing problems, dumping items to and from chests will always work, even if it can be a little more awkward or frustrating at times.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Although the new tesseract is your best bet as you've discovered, the foolproof method in any case like this is to use a chest as a interface medium. If other interactions end up causing problems, dumping items to and from chests will always work, even if it can be a little more awkward or frustrating at times.
Why would that be? I usually throw in a chest inbetween to switch between tubes and pipes (or vice versa) - never has it been frustrating or causing any trouble. Am I missing something? (If you hadn't done it, I would've suggested the tube-chest-pipe way myself)

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
As an example, the tube-chest-pipe set-up couldn't keep up with my rotten flesh disposal needs, even with four fully-heated redstone engines pumping at it.

Reactions: Freakscar

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
If you're switching between pipes to tubes, doing this with a chest requires attaching a filter/transposer to the chest to extract items from it and this also then requires pulsing a redstone signal to trigger the extraction. If you set this up with a timer this is ideal from a design standpoint but timers always cause small amounts of lag when placed and active. In that case, using a relay is much better.

As for the inverse, you either need to use an engine on a wood/emerald pipe to extract the items (a waste of power) or an autarthic gate (slow).

Either way using chests causes bottlenecks quite quickly if you have a time-intensive setup. It's much more useful to create an unbroken travelling path and the new tesseracts actually make this very easy indeed. :)

Reactions: Freakscar