Best way to start off in DW20 1.7?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
I've recently started playing the DW20 pack and gained a decent amount of ores along with a small house and some basic TConstruct stuff, and I'm wondering where to go from here. I'm thinking thermal expansion with some thaumcraft/powersuits, but I heard some good things about some of the newer mods like blood magic.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Personally EnderIO and Botania. EnderIO has *I think* the most balanced recipes and adds the most in terms of infrastructure with it's conduit system. Botania is just well... cool

Yeraze

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely botania early, because it'll take forever for your Mana Pool to fill up to any useful amount with 10 or so dayblooms. Then get the Ring of Magnetization & Sojourner's Sash. Then later, slip an Alchemy Catalyst under the mana pool and use it for transmutation (1 Ghast Tear => 2 Ender Pearls, Rotten Flesh => Leather, etc).

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Dayblooms? I only make 4 or 5 just until I can make an Endotherms or Hydroangeas to fill a pool with. Dayblooms are meant to be very early game or for specific Functional flower systems that require little mana. Also I make a Mana band and Aura band for mana on the go to keep my manasteel tools all nice and pretty.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like to start with getting some automated resource systems going.
things like tree and plant farms, mining systems and processing setups and cobble/gravel/sand production
with that going it'd be easier for me to start with other projects as I'll have enough resources to get started with them

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
This world I'm building my own version of a village. I start with TiCo & scanning all the things for Thaumcraft, then do a minimal amount of TE & EnderIO while I rush headlong into AE & Big Reactors. Next up is farms, auto processing, powersuit, quarry, & Thaumcraft research.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Botania I've never really bothered with that much in the past until I started on this latest pack I'm playing (not DW20) and I have to say it's now one of my favorite mods. The Terra Shatterer blows the TiC Hammer out of the water and beyond, and so much other cool stuff.

Also EnderIO is a great starter, if you like it try playing the pack without going anywhere near TE and use EIO all the way. Only late on you may need to use a magma/liquid combo to melt stuff for Big Reactor coolants.