Best way to drain.. a lake!???

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorgaraz

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Beast! i am playing a couple of days with my friends in our local ftb server survival(legit).

12fad30e7598499a9bfcd69.png

Is there any better way to clean this mess except pumps and block placing?

i'll take into account anything you say.

Reactions: FlevasGR

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
You just have to kill the source Blocks ;)

edit: i took a closer look and there are alot of them xD so Pumps would be a Good choice.

Reactions: yorgaraz

yorgaraz

Jul 29, 2019
yus :p thats what i am trying to do but the lake is too deep and there are alot of source blocks :confused:

joss

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion would be to skim over it with a couple of layers of blocks, Say cobble stone then dirt on top? If there are any voids light them up as you cover.
This will maintain a good water supply (as the water is still there to use) also you have reclaimed land to expand on.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Well, when Redpower comes out you can use their pumps. They take the actual source blocks and will drain the lake. The problems comes when you have to place the water source block at the other end.

yorgaraz

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion would be to skim over it with a couple of layers of blocks, Say cobble stone then dirt on top? If there are any voids light them up as you cover.
This will maintain a good water supply (as the water is still there to use) also you have reclaimed land to expand on.

i dont need the water actually i HATE it. i've stored in iron tanks a quite large amount but i want to drain the rest because in our server we added mo'creatures and stupid dolphins and other sea mobs spawn on it and poison us :p

Well, when Redpower comes out you can use their pumps. They take the actual source blocks and will drain the lake. The problems comes when you have to place the water source block at the other end.
thats what i thought. the problem is that i am waiting rp since i started playing and i dont know how much will take eloraam to fix its bugs and release it.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I had this happen to me in the world before the magic pack world. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but because I was going to build my house inside the quarry hole I needed to remove it. I used a turtle to fill it in with gravel and sand (then activated the quarry again to dig it out). I can see that being quite a tricky thing for you to do, though, your quarry is bigger and the water is at the top, mine was only 21x21 and the water was only about 30 blocks deep.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
There might not be as many water source blocks there as it seems. One water source block can fill in a large area in a quarry (the logic defies me!). I once had a similar situation, put a pump in place with some tanks to send the water to, and the quarry was emptied and only filled half a tank.
If you don't want the water, just destroy the tank.

dutchgh0st

Jul 29, 2019
You could use the Glacial Precipitator and/or the Ignious Extruder to turn the water into Snowballs, Snow or Ice (Glacial Precipitator) and/or Cobblestone, Smooth Stone, or Obsidian(Ignious Extruder)

EDIT: Keep in mind that you also need lava if you're going to use the Ignious Extruder :)

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
OK here's a rather unusual solution, put a quarry on it.....

When a quarry starts up (as it's drawing in the frame) it will remove any source blocks and when I mean ANY I mean ANY including water.

So what you can do is use a quarry to remove the top rows of source blocks (5 rows).

:)

Reactions: MrZwij and yorgaraz

yorgaraz

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you just pipe it into a waterproof void pipe? just put it next to the pump with 4 redstone engines and give it a few hours.
i did connect 5 pumps to a void pipe but it is taking alot of time to drain the water.

When a quarry starts up (as it's drawing in the frame) it will remove any source blocks and when I mean ANY I mean ANY including water.

So what you can do is use a quarry to remove the top rows of source blocks (5 rows).

nice idea! i think i will try this one.

You could use the Glacial Precipitator and/or the Ignious Extruder to turn the water into Snowballs, Snow or Ice (Glacial Precipitator) and/or Cobblestone, Smooth Stone, or Obsidian(Ignious Extruder)
Also good idea. I dont know much about those but i will try them too

i will try all your ideas and i will reply soon. (it will take me a while to craft those things :D )

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Force fields with the sponge addon also remove water inside their radius, it would take quite a few upgrades to get something to cover that big an area, but it would be quick.

P.S. Might be wrong on the current name of the addon to make it absorb water, but it exists.

Tresdezara

Jul 29, 2019
The force field addon is FFFS or something like that. My idea would be to use lava on the source blocks to turn them into obsidian and then use the quarry to mine them.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019

This is exceedingly clever. Well played, sir. :)

thatsIch

Jul 29, 2019
Turtle for the win
or sandgenerator would work too
just because its FTB you still can rely on Minecraft Vanilla "Features" ^^

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Turtle for the win
or sandgenerator would work too
just because its FTB you still can rely on Minecraft Vanilla "Features" ^^
If i recall correctly, that was fixed in 1.4.5, which is what magic pack is on.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
BC filler with sand, gravel and/or wool.
If you set up the bottom with torches on every block, dig down under the water while it is filing, all you have to do is beak the blocks above the torches and burn any wool.

Bavalos

Jul 29, 2019
Since you plugged the 5 pumps into a void pipe, the reason it's taking so long is that the pipes are probably full. Only so much water can go into one pipe, so having 5 pumps really isn't doing you any good. You need to have all of them separate and pumping into separate void pipes. And if you have a lot of power going into each pump, consider having more than one output pipe per pump. Potentially, you could have 15 void pipes. Then it wouldn't take very long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.