Best way to drain.. a lake!???

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
You'll be waiting a long time with pumps- 1 block deep water touching 2 source blocks will re-gen itself- so you'll get a ring of source blocks around the edge.
(Easy to remove by placing blocks)

If you want the lake/quarry hole- then MFFS forcefield +water (though very high end tech).

If not then put a igneous extruder next to a filler and give it some MJ.

Chunkloaders in the area will help a lot- so your draining 24/7 instead of the hours you're logged in.

Reactions: yorgaraz

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
Red Power pumps... But that lake will probably dry up by itself before you can use them...

Sorry had to do it...

The truth is Rp pumps are head and shoulders above any others, so they really are the best route.

Okiemurse

Jul 29, 2019
I had to do this recently and ended up doing it by hand. I'm definitely going to try out a few of these options - I especially like the quarry one since I already have one set up nearby - I never thought to just scoot it around and clear all sorts of land out.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Use the ice wand from Factorization. It takes some work to get and that green thing's recipe is hard to find, but if you have silk touch, you can run around freezing the lake and then mining up the resulting ice. The freezing process is faster than other filling in processes, and digging it all back up again is just as fast either way. Though... if you're wanting the lake filled in eventually, any method other than filling by hand or using a Filler is just wasting your time in some fashion.

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
Turtle for the win
or sandgenerator would work too
just because its FTB you still can rely on Minecraft Vanilla "Features" ^^
A turtle is a block, not an entity, so if it goes in the same block as a source block when it leaves there will be air (or flowing liquid shortly after). Give it fuel and run the excavate program. One caveat is that the excavate program can only do a square area, not a rectangle.

thatsIch

Jul 29, 2019
If i recall correctly, that was fixed in 1.4.5, which is what magic pack is on.

haha this one was a good joke
it should have been fixed since 1.0.0 but every version people come up with a new solution for this.
The solution for 1.4.2 to 1.4.5 is to change the repeater delay from 1 to 2 tick. woo
^^
why? cause the sand/gravel needs 1 tick longer to fall down since 1.4.5

damnedsky

Jul 29, 2019
I like this thread! Here's my 2 cents: remember how BC pumps dry up an infinite water pool if you leave the area and have it loaded with a chunk loader? That "feature" might be an advantage in this case.

yorgaraz

Jul 29, 2019
well guys i just found the best way and that is ForceField!
Thank you all! you helped me ALOT!

926a1eb558354e149644e32.png

yorgaraz

Jul 29, 2019
might just be me, but where is the ForceField on the picture? :D
Never played with the ForceFields, how you do it?
i disassembled it after i ended draining the whole water :p dire has some cool videos on how to use it ;)
video:

thatsIch

Jul 29, 2019
i disassembled it after i ended draining the whole water :p dire has some cool videos on how to use it ;)
video:

Ive already watched it but I dont get a real purpose besides protecting a nuclear vault
may you summerize it somehow?

Or may I missed his point :-/

G

Guardian1985

Pour a bucket of Gelid Cryotheum or liquid purple slime in the lake.
It will replace water blocks, then pick up the Cryo block or slime block, and replace it.
Alternatively use a sponge block.

Status
Not open for further replies.