Best frames for bee's ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Peterpeter234

Jul 29, 2019
hello there im totally new to bees and i would like to know what frames are the best
like from a scale from 1-10 ex
1.magic frames
2.necrotic frames
like that :D

also atm im using magic frames

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'm no bee expert, but as far as I know, it depends on what you want to do with the bees.
Some frames are better than others in certain situations.

Don't quote me on it, but I'm thinking of situations like a frame that gives a higher rate of mutation, you would not want that if you are wanting to breed a mass of one kind of bee, would you?

We need a Bee expert in here.....

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Personally, minetweaker is a friend here... Make yourself the nova frame (with a custom MT recipe of your choosing).
Nova frames are great early on as they give you the speed to get through the "crap breeds" (breeding early game)
Then when you have the bee(s) you want. Chocolate frames.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I would not recommend using Minetweaker until you are more comfortable with mods as they were made.

Do some research, look at what you need/want and choose the appropriate frame for your needs.
Most Bee folks would say it's good to go through the hell that bee breeding is at least once before you install gendustry :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I would not recommend using Minetweaker until you are more comfortable with mods as they were made.

Do some research, look at what you need/want and choose the appropriate frame for your needs.
Most Bee folks would say it's good to go through the hell that bee breeding is at least once before you install gendustry :p
But for those who don't want to use Gendustry, and want to breed quickly :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
For production boost: Untreated Frame: You don't get extra boosts from other frames, just extra durability. But if you do the math the mats for the Impregnated Frame is something like 6 times the wood(corrected for durability). Just automate the crafting and insertion of the Untreated Frames. But sure if you have Wax, you can go Magic Frames, but I am not going to have bees running just for the wax.

For breeding: Oblivion Frame: Very quick cross-breeding and copying with single (bee)tick lifespan.

Honorable mentions:
Chocolate frame: Another good and cheap way of speeding up cross-breeding and copying by reducing lifespan.
Soul Frame: Early cross breeding mutation chance boost. Only use them myself before I get an Alveary with a Mutator.

Never use any other types of frames.

Reactions: Peterpeter234

Peterpeter234

Jul 29, 2019
For production boost: Untreated Frame: You don't get extra boosts from other frames, just extra durability. But if you do the math the mats for the Impregnated Frame is something like 6 times the wood(corrected for durability). Just automate the crafting and insertion of the Untreated Frames. But sure if you have Wax, you can go Magic Frames, but I am not going to have bees running just for the wax.

For breeding: Oblivion Frame: Very quick cross-breeding and copying with single (bee)tick lifespan.

Honorable mentions:
Chocolate frame: Another good and cheap way of speeding up cross-breeding and copying by reducing lifespan.
Soul Frame: Early cross breeding mutation chance boost. Only use them myself before I get an Alveary with a Mutator.

Never use any other types of frames.
Thanks for responding, everyone. :D

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
While we are asking vauge, subjective and impossible to answer questions;

Which color pencil is the best for coloring in flowers?

Reactions: Loufmier

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Which color pencil is the best for coloring in flowers?
Pretty sure a simple experiment could be devised to determine that: give a pack of coloured pencils and a large stack of blank flower motifs to a kinder garden and then measure the length of the pencils afterwards :p

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
When I did bees, I never found any use for the magic frames. I used chocolate frames for breeding stacks of drones and converting princesses, and soul frames when I'm attempting to cross-breed and make a new species. And then once I got to the production stage, I used normal everyday frames because they're easy to make as long as you have your wood supply and string supply going in sufficient quantities. You need an enormous amount of wood and string to keep pace, but its def do-able with something like Steve's Carts for the wood and Cursed Earth mobfarm or Minefactory Reloaded Auto-Spawner for the string.

tl;dr: I only need chocolate, soul and standard basic frames to do all my bees.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019

^^^ This is the best resource.

As for what I use, I used to use only ExtraBees frames. Now I use (only) MagicFrames. If I used Gendustry exclusively, I wouldn't need (use) frames.

Metabolic > Soul
Oblivion >= Necrotic >> Chocolate

In other words, the Metabolic have a higher mutation chance than Soul. And, 1 Oblivion is slightly better (faster) than or equal 3x Necrotic, which are far superior to Chocolate. I should know. I used to use Chocolate.

Reactions: asb3pe