Best Assembly Table Setup?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Power that disco up! After swimming through the sea of blue and irreparably damaging our eyes (doesn't make for a good photo, either), we get our expected result:

2WKd7m1.png

So to the OP, who probably never intended this kind of derail .. 602 lasers and a handful of energy cells will have your table spitting out golden chipsets at about 1.5 per second.

very nice!

Just tried this myself (didnt see your post till after i finished). I'm getting 3768 MJ/t in mine currently. But thats with a way in and out. i can get over 3800 with it closed off.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
There should be an easter egg in buildcraft that if you create such a 11x11x6 setup and manage to fully power it it would create a black hole at the center and suck your entire world in...

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
i think you mean 30. And thats only for 24/7 operation. For my design (and close to the theoretical max) it would take about 39.

You do not need more than about 10-14 or so to power it to 3800MJt for long enough to make plenty even diamond of items. These are hooked to conduits remember.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
i think you mean 30. And thats only for 24/7 operation. For my design (and close to the theoretical max) it would take about 39.

You do not need more than about 10-14 or so to power it to 3800MJt for long enough to make plenty even diamond of items. These are hooked to conduits remember.
Oh, shit, I do mean 30. Sorry xD

And yeah, I know they're hooked to conduits, I just like to be better safe than sorry. Same reason I have redstone energy cells buffering between the power supply and the power consumers (especially for all my GT machines).

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Conduits serve as buffers too. hen you plug then into a cell you will see some power drain into them

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
The 100mj/t output is per side. You can make a cell output 500mj/t, but the input would be limited to 100mj/t. You could do a setup with each cell as 300mj/t input and output.

This thread is sort of dead, along with the world I asked the question for. On the new server world my current assembly table recieves 400mj/t from lasers to make the stuff I need for AE networking. Anything more is simply insane. At some point I will build a room with nothing but lasers and assembly tables for making each type of chipset and gate though :D

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Something as beefy as a laser array deserves to run on its native energy net.

This doesn't really make any sense. If you're producing more MJ than a redstone engine you're producing it with something else, be it biofuel, fuel, oil, EU, etc.

Doesn't matter what source you use if you don't provide enough to drive the lasers.
Doesn't matter if you produce enough to drive the lasers if your transmission is a bottleneck.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
One energy cube is enough to power a 4k MJt setup when hooked with conduits. It just wont stay at 4k for long, maybe 5 seconds, and thats like several diamond quality items. Insane? maybe, but the game is about creation, not sanity

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Make the outer wall 4 layers thick. Layer of lasers, layer of redstone cells, layer of wrench turtles, layer of enderchests. Obviously the corners need not be all that. You'd need a wrench turtle operated charging station somewhere, with a giant building full of boilers and some type of mob farm (biomass from a gigantic slime farm sounds cool) or giant tree farm. By the time you finished it you probably wouldn't need it anymore, having made a hundred gates and a thousand pipe-wire to automate the whole thing, but it would be cool to have, just for the cool factor.