Besides MC, what have you been playing lately?

Moritz30

Jul 29, 2019
Don't starve together, terraria, portal, portal stories: mel, portal 2, subnautica, youtuber's life, creativerse. I think I missed something but that's all I currently remember.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Way too much Besiege, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Brawlhalla.
Besiege for me is pretty much all about the mechanism and concepts - while I'll be amazed by some of the stuff people make, especially Dawn Shade and Neutex, I prefer myself to make things in a way that simply works best, not really caring at all about looks. Not to mention I prefer not to reiterate previous models and do stuff that's already been done, such as all sorts of planes and tanks, not to bash those who do a good job at such. For example, I've never made a proper plane that I'd upload, but I've made ones that are unique in the way they work.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Way too much Besiege, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Brawlhalla.
Besiege for me is pretty much all about the mechanism and concepts - while I'll be amazed by some of the stuff people make, especially Dawn Shade and Neutex, I prefer myself to make things in a way that simply works best, not really caring at all about looks. Not to mention I prefer not to reiterate previous models and do stuff that's already been done, such as all sorts of planes and tanks, not to bash those who do a good job at such. For example, I've never made a proper plane that I'd upload, but I've made ones that are unique in the way they work.
I wish we where in a time where we had computers that could handle a larger game world. Besieged would be awesome on a larger scale in a sandbox.

Medeival engineers gets close but tyat game by virtue performs pretty bad when your creations get big.

Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I wish we where in a time where we had computers that could handle a larger game world. Besieged would be awesome on a larger scale in a sandbox.

Medeival engineers gets close but tyat game by virtue performs pretty bad when your creations get big.
There are even besiege multiplayer mods in the works, though I reckon they'll have to be run at low speed and would need good computers and a strong connection. Still, pretty awesome.
One thing kind of like that I can think of is space engineers, though that's cheating by having things act as holistic objects until they're damaged or changed by the player.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
One thing kind of like that I can think of is space engineers, though that's cheating by having things act as holistic objects until they're damaged or changed by the player.
I dunno how that counts as cheating...that just sounds like Space Engineers was designed well, to me.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I dunno how that counts as cheating...that just sounds like Space Engineers was designed well, to me.
Oh I'm not disparaging it, it's just one method of many, one which is less realistic even if you might prefer it. In besiege you see, there can be internal stresses on something, for example a machine can tear itself apart through having too much torque on a heavy object or just being poorly built.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You've no idea mate.
That seems to be an ongoing theme.

This may or may not count: I've been playing a little pocket edition with my son! I find Minecraft is a bonding experience in my family - my girlfriend (now wife) and I played when I got it on the XBox, now my older son and I play it on there and my youngest and I play on the family iPad :p

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I thought it was PC only.
If you mean Minecraft, no certainly not! In fact, confession time: I actually got into Minecraft because of the XBox version! :) I played the demo, LOVED it, and bought the full version. Then I started watching Lets Play's, including the Yogscast's 5 or 6 episode XBox series. I enjoyed that so much, I started watching other Yogs stuff, which led me onto the very early Tekkit stuff - Duncan did some stuff about it - and thus began my love affair with modded Minecraft! :D

I played some more on the XBox with my son; I used the Plotz website to design a dome which I subsequently built underwater in our Creative world on there - much fun was had! Took me a while, but I got there in the end. I then used sponges to clear out the water; if I was going to do the same on the PC (which I have considered doing a few times), I would build the dome with dirt (or sand) under the glass rather than hollow as I did on the XBox - that would save me the effort of clearing out the water after.

Aside from that, I finally relented and went on Pokemon GO - my sons seem to really like it, so we went on a pokemon hunt together :p I admit it, it was fun to do that as a little family outing.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
WoW. Pre-expansion patch is interesting and we haven't gotten into the pre-launch demon invasions yet. I want those transmogs.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2