Besides MC, what have you been playing lately?

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Fallout 3 and soon New Vegas, both modded, Majora's Mask 3D, Kingdom Hearts games, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and Alpha Sapphire, and Sm4sh Bros.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Just bought banished, and can I say I don't know anything about this game

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dylanpiera

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Destiny on PS4, civ 5 new world, pokemon black 2/ruby(yes gba ruby), and a phone game called warlight(basically risk)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Modded minecraft is more like a toy than a game, at least the way I play it. So its a real breath of fresh air to play an actual game, Bloodborne. It rules absolutely.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
A drawn-out campaign on Hearts of Iron 2.

As I predicted, the USA betrayed my mighty Turkish horde at the first opportunity.

I waited until the Germans got overextended in Russia in mid-1942 then overran their holding forces in the balkans, then poland. I reached the baltic then turned most of my forces west, leaving the Red Army to mop up in the east.

Around this time, the Soviets wardecced Japan, so after the annexation of Germany (which left me holding most of western and central Europe), the Red Army mostly moved off towards the far east, leaving them hilariously vulnerable in western Russia.

So in early 1944, after a bit of a pause to build a ton of new tanks and mechanised divisions with all my lovely new conquered industry, I invade the Soviet Union from Europe and the Caucasus at the same time. They cave remarkably quickly, by the spring of 1945 my forces are rolling down into Mongolia and then into the bits of Nationalist China (a Japanese puppet state), Manchuria and Korea that the Soviets had managed to take.

As the Soviets are about to fall I join the war against Japan, allowing me to roll down through China and pretty soon roll across the sea of Japan and nab the home islands before the allies can get there. YOINK.

At this point I couldn't be arsed taking a bunch of worthless pacific atolls to get the last few japanese victory points, so I left that to the allies and started preparing for the next war. I moved 250ish divisions to my new port in Cayenne (a trophy I got when Vichy France joined the almost-defeated axis and got steamrolled) and then lined up the rest of my forces facing EVERY allied province with which I share land borders.

Pretty quickly, the americans pick up Rota and Tinian, the last japanese VPs, allowing me to annex Japan (as the conquerer of Tokyo).

ONE WEEK.

One week after the fall of the Japanese empire, the Americans declare war on me.

Gits.

Oh well, guess they weren't expecting my landings in Miami and Portsmouth (southern England) and the simultaneous assaults on Gibraltar, North Africa, Israel/Palestine, Iraq, Persia, Northern India, Burma and Hong Kong.

I will make them PAY for their impudence!

:D

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
A drawn-out campaign on Hearts of Iron 2.

As I predicted, the USA betrayed my mighty Turkish horde at the first opportunity.

I waited until the Germans got overextended in Russia in mid-1942 then overran their holding forces in the balkans, then poland. I reached the baltic then turned most of my forces west, leaving the Red Army to mop up in the east.

Around this time, the Soviets wardecced Japan, so after the annexation of Germany (which left me holding most of western and central Europe), the Red Army mostly moved off towards the far east, leaving them hilariously vulnerable in western Russia.

So in early 1944, after a bit of a pause to build a ton of new tanks and mechanised divisions with all my lovely new conquered industry, I invade the Soviet Union from Europe and the Caucasus at the same time. They cave remarkably quickly, by the spring of 1945 my forces are rolling down into Mongolia and then into the bits of Nationalist China (a Japanese puppet state), Manchuria and Korea that the Soviets had managed to take.

As the Soviets are about to fall I join the war against Japan, allowing me to roll down through China and pretty soon roll across the sea of Japan and nab the home islands before the allies can get there. YOINK.

At this point I couldn't be arsed taking a bunch of worthless pacific atolls to get the last few japanese victory points, so I left that to the allies and started preparing for the next war. I moved 250ish divisions to my new port in Cayenne (a trophy I got when Vichy France joined the almost-defeated axis and got steamrolled) and then lined up the rest of my forces facing EVERY allied province with which I share land borders.

Pretty quickly, the americans pick up Rota and Tinian, the last japanese VPs, allowing me to annex Japan (as the conquerer of Tokyo).

ONE WEEK.

One week after the fall of the Japanese empire, the Americans declare war on me.

Gits.

Oh well, guess they weren't expecting my landings in Miami and Portsmouth (southern England) and the simultaneous assaults on Gibraltar, North Africa, Israel/Palestine, Iraq, Persia, Northern India, Burma and Hong Kong.

I will make them PAY for their impudence!

:D
Reminds me of my Total War attitude. "Oh, you want to turn on me huh? I hope you enjoy being systematically slaughtered, and all your pleas for peace shall fall on deaf ears.

Reactions: gold49

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
Steam shows that I've logged near enough to 800 as makes no difference hours on Fallout: New Vegas. Of course, I had the game two years before I purchased the GOTY edition on Steam... I'd put it conservatively at 1200 hours.

I have 490ish in Fallout3

Borderlands 1, 2, and the Pre sequel are getting play as well.

Someone mentioned Diablo2 LOD and in single player at that. Well, *high five* I'm all over that too :) I love my Javazon!

I poke around Champions online to scratch that itch that CoH/CoV left with its passing ( Still not over that one. . . )

I get some time behind the scope in Ghost Recon and three 3 additions with a bunch of ex military friends. We would compete way back in the day as clan MoFo ( Masters of F*@^%$# Ownage ) These days us codgers bumble about and try not to screw the pooch too badly.

Recently my brother has lured me into 7 Days to Die. Freakin' hell the game is hard :)

Last edited:

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
bought Elder Scrolls online and getting immersed in the Daggerfall landscape. but boy do I hate researching those traits in Blacksmithing... urgh!
also tried out Sleeping Dogs and enjoyed it, until I got Elder Scrolls whose launcher decided to wipe out my Steam games from the harddrive. yay..

I haven't touched any modded MC launchers for a long while....
Minecraft just doesn't feel as attractive anymore

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
bought Elder Scrolls online and getting immersed in the Daggerfall landscape. but boy do I hate researching those traits in Blacksmithing... urgh!
also tried out Sleeping Dogs and enjoyed it, until I got Elder Scrolls whose launcher decided to wipe out my Steam games from the harddrive. yay..

I haven't touched any modded MC launchers for a long while....
Minecraft just doesn't feel as attractive anymore
How much does that cost for buying and online now, ESO that is?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Old final fantasy games(Crisis Core, FFIV, FFIII), all in emulators of course. Once I have a decent graphics card, I will be emulating gamecube and PS2 games as well.

Random Punishment

Jul 29, 2019
How much does that cost for buying and online now, ESO that is?

ESO is still £50 to purchase (You can probably find it cheaper, G2A would be a good bet for a cheap code) as for sub fees, there isn't any. They removed it (may still be an option to pay monthly) but the game now works on a GW style business model.

I've been playing a few games the last few weeks:

Skyrim: Modded like crazy
Oblivion: Modded like Crazy

GTA 5

I quit Eve online about 2 years ago after 9 years of playing it, tempted to go back but it consumes so much of my time and Witcher 3 is out next week so not sure if it's worth it.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I have been playing Disney Infinity 2.0 with my son; he loves the Avengers and Spider-man playsets (and he's warming to the GotG one too); and to be honest I rather enjoy it too!

In a similar vein, I've been playing XBox Minecraft with my son too (I can put that on here, right?), as we can finally play split-screen together (our old TV wasn't good enough), so been having a ball with that too. Starting off on Peaceful, as he's only young, but once we've got our base built up and ready I'm considering moving to allowing mob spawning again :)

Other than that, nothing alas! I've got D3: Reaper of Souls (again, XBox) to play, but haven't started that yet. My laptop (the only PC I have) can't run any modpacks later than 1.6.4, so that should tell you something about whether I can play any modern games...