Beneath the Neon Stars - Signup and Out Of Character {MATURE CONTENT}

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, just a reminder folks, that the deadline for this posting round will be at the end of this weekend.

@lenscas I'm still waiting on this combat collaboration. If you could let me know which stats have been transferred to the AI I can sort out who attacks first and get started on the titanpad. Link to the Titanpad is here: https://titanpad.com/FZRTXFvl8B

@dylanpiera Not to be that guy, but Raptus isn't a nice, huggable commander. You don't open your mouth, he will kill you. You've already missed one deadline, and I need to keep in mind that other people are posting regularly and that I owe it to them to keep things moving.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so here's the deal for this next posting round.

Inside teams (@LivingAngryCheese and @Eruantien): You'll be approaching Alvares's room from opposite entrances. For ease of posting, Speed will not determine who gets there in what order, first poster arrives first. This will only be a momentary difference though - not enough time for the Partition to pull off a swift assassination should they arrive first. If you want to banter with your NPC buddy en route you can. Remember that Partition can chose to assassinate or rescue Alvares, Institute must capture him alive. Your combat will be resolved next posting round.

Outside teams (Everyone else). This will be a 'react to orders and assess situation' style post - no combat abilities may be activated. Many civilians have left, though the more curious and criminally stupid are still hanging around as onlookers. Again, combat collaborations will be completed in the next post cycle.

I'm trying not to turn this into a wall of collabs and break the combat up a bit with this pause. Give your characters more time to...experience the emotions they may or may not feel in this situation.

Final point: Weighting for extra damage has changed (again) due to the need to prevent low rolls in low stats utterly gimping your character.

As a result, I'm going off a multiplicative scale and rolling on an additive scale instead.
1DMG: Exceed defense roll.
2DMG: Exceed defense roll by more than 20.
3DMG: Exceed defense roll by more than 50.

I'm capping damage at 3 max for now because many characters have 3 or less health. In all fairness, I was aiming for most attacks to deal either 1 or 2 DMG with the initial set-up, but first Dice GM and all that. Sorry for the repeated tweaking, but I need to get the balance right.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Also, J asked about this, so I thought I'd make it a public resource.

JOINING THE PARTITION

There are two main ways to join the Partition. The rarer method is to be contacted directly. A little snippet of code uploaded to your implants, carrying the offer of a rendezvous at some obscure location. Once there, you're assessed, questioned, and a decision is made as to whether to accept you. All this under a heavy guard of course. This method is reserved for those individuals who have shown ability and anti-Institute sentiment. An unusual variant of this is jail-breaking, where the Partition raids an Institute prison to free a criminal who they deem useful to their cause. However, given the higher risks, this is reserved for exceptional cases

The more usual way to join the Partition is to go looking for them. Certain areas of the city are effectively under Partition control. In the backs of certain shops, bars and brothels there are people who know people who know people. Getting to one of these individuals, and 'getting on their good side', usually allows you into a meeting where recruitment takes place, again, heavily guarded. New recruits by this method usually go straight onto the front lines of petty conflicts, and only once they have proven themselves to those higher up to they get entrusted with more important tasks.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I don't want to be irritating, but would it be possible to have all the char. sheets in a spoiler in the op? It's just taking me forever to find everyone's stats... if that's too much hassle it's fine.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to be irritating, but would it be possible to have all the char. sheets in a spoiler in the op? It's just taking me forever to find everyone's stats... if that's too much hassle it's fine.
They're in the OP of the IC thread.
Also:
Dan ran as fast as he could after Tito, rounding a corner straight towards a robot covered in gore and some strange ninja guy. Time slows down around him and a line appears in his vision and he follows it in slow motion. His knife comes forward in front of him and flies towards the ninja.

Used Optimal Strategy Calculation.

Attacked Leo.
Who's the robot? Raptus isn't inside the shop, to my knowledge.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Could I please have the results for me attempting to use cyberwarfare to steal leopold's pyro punch. If that succeeds could I have the results of pyro punch versus ravyn?
No, because you're dealing with people that may, by the time your turn comes around, have been buffed/debuffed by abilities. When it comes to your turn, post what you do and I will do the rolls. With Cyberwarfare, post assuming you succeed and I will delete if needed.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
No, because you're dealing with people that may, by the time your turn comes around, have been buffed/debuffed by abilities. When it comes to your turn, post what you do and I will do the rolls. With Cyberwarfare, post assuming you succeed and I will delete if needed.
When's my turn?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Last. It's Eru, followed by my two NPCs, then you. There's an order of combat at the top every pad.