Bees Causing Major Lag and Minecraft crashes

Heath Cushman

Jul 29, 2019
Yes absolutely. I had a complete world rendered useless until I killed the whole operation off. I've tested it in a fresh world and with no other structures etc. it lags to the point of crashing.

Heath Cushman

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I knew. I can have 4 apiaries, I can have 30 it doesn't matter. I have the whole setup automated with autarchic gates to rebreed the bees. It doesn't lag right away on a new world, it takes about 5 minutes, then it glitches, then crashes. On a fully functional world with everything in it, it crashes right away. It's inconsistent to say the least.[DOUBLEPOST=1363014246][/DOUBLEPOST]Everything is hooked up using apiarist pipes as well. It's basically the DW20 setup.

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, weird, I use autarchics for rebreeding them too, and I havent had issues with crashes due to my apiaries (I do have issues with the version of extrabees currently in the Ultimate pack, where I crash when i try to open up my indexer and such (luckily this is already fixed, but there hasnt been an update with the latest version of extrabees yet)). What does your console say when it crashes?

Heath Cushman

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't get that far. I have 0 crash reports. It just locks up and says shutting down internal server, but never does. I'm using the DW20 pack. Not sure if it has anything to do with it. Hmmm.

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
Console is that extra window that opens up when you start your launcher (you might have to enable it, as it can be disabled through the options). Even when minecraft doesnt give you a crash report, there still might be some vital information in there telling you what causes the crashes.

Also, what happens if you load your map in a fresh install of the direwolf pack? What happens when loading it up in Ultimate? Might be that forestry, extrabees or thaumicbees went corrupt and is causing the crashes.

Heath Cushman

Jul 29, 2019
Console must be off. I'll enable it and check it out. This is a fresh install as of this morning, and a newly created bee area. I haven't tried ultimate though. Maybe when I get home this evening.

Yippy Kai Aye

Jul 29, 2019
My console would spam with each bee that was removed and placed into my apiaries. It caused lag but never shut down the game. I updated to the DW20 5.2 pack and this fixed it. Hopefully that will be recommended today and fix your problem

Heath Cushman

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate won't even open. It just crashed on my beealizer in hand while right clicking on the tank with my liquid DNA in it. BTW, the console doesn't work in this case. Even if I have it running the game locks up so badly, that it doesn't even write in the console before the lock up.

Heath Cushman

Jul 29, 2019
Been down this road already looking to fix it. It's 10.8.2 on a Mac. Java 6. Dropped the memory allotted to 2GB just now from 3GB. I remember upping it to see if that did the trick a while back. Game is becoming unplayable.

Heath Cushman

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried it and within a minute it was lagging. Within 5 it locked. I'm done for today. What a great game with so many issues. :(

Heath Cushman

Jul 29, 2019
It's all good bro. Thanks for all the work-through today. I've been fighting it for a while. I have another game on a different machine that does the same thing just not as badly. It looks like the bees are out for me, and just when I've started to figure it all out. :)

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried turning off performance.particleFX.enabled in forestry common.conf? It is responsible for flying bees effects, which can lag slower machines.

Heath Cushman

Jul 29, 2019
No I haven't. Didn't even know how. I'll give it a go and see what happens. I always thought this may be the cause, but I didn't know it was an option to turn it off.

Heath Cushman

Jul 29, 2019
OK I turned off the effects. Turns out the report panel did just say something and I think it's pretty bad. "[SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Detected leaking worlds in memory. There are 4 worlds that appear to be persisting. A mod is likely caching the world incorrectly. The world ed6535c (Bees) has leaked. The world 3e014cc6 (Bees) has leaked." Bees is the name of my current world as the tester. It crashed again BTW with the effects turned off. How do I stop the memory leaks?

Looks like a chickenchunks/Forge incompatibility issue. I'm disabling ChickenChunks to see if it helps.

Looks like that helped for a sec but I got a new crash when I right clicked on my tank with the DNA with a beealyzer in hand. Here's the error: "[INFO][STDERR] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:railcraft/common/gui/ContainerLocomotiveSteam"

riewe

Jul 29, 2019
I had a very similar problem with my Mac on the most recent updates. I fixed it by adding "-XXPermSize=128m" as an additional java parameter in advanced options. Hope that helps.