Been quiet for some time at FTB.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Been some time since we have heard anything from any of the FTB teams.

So how are things coming along?
How is the Launcher for the full release coming along?
Any plans for a more in depth website?
Any plans to add some new mods or take out some mods? (yes we all know RP2 is coming)
How is the family? (Good I hope)

I think what you guys have done here is outstanding. Some of us that don't know coding or have the time to resolve every ID conflict thank you very much for your work.

Just like to see a bit more interaction from the teams.

jatie1

Jul 29, 2019
FTB is waiting for Redpower to update, and then more frequent updates will come (including 1.4.5 :))

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
They remind me of EA, "you'll get things when we give them to you, we know you are all addicts, so our customer service is not important, have a good day".

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
They remind me of EA, "you'll get things when we give them to you, we know you are all addicts, so our customer service is not important, have a good day".

Well if we don't wait for redpower and redpower is released in a few weeks, no-one will use the new pack most will wait for redpower to make new worlds for the ores and stone :p you get from red power

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
Good!

Very good actually, we have almost every bug squashed and are looking good for when the full packs to come out, but remember that the pack and the launcher are two different things, by two different teams

Care to elaborate?

Any plans to add some new mods or take out some mods? (yes we all know RP2 is coming)
RP2 and EE3 are the major additions to go in there. the Beta A pack will not be updated to 1.4.5, the ultimate pack will include all the mods in there though, and many more!

theyre good! thanks for asking ;)

I think what you guys have done here is outstanding. Some of us that don't know coding or have the time to resolve every ID conflict thank you very much for your work.
:)

we try, but we tend to be busy doing the stuff we do at FTB (be it launcher devving, pack making etc) have a look around the various forum sections for information from the teams

Reactions: b0bst3r

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
Been some time since we have heard anything from any of the FTB teams.

Well, some of those are personal questions, so I can't answer for all of us. But I'll give it a go at answering these. ;)

1. I would say things are coming along pretty darn well! We've got a lot of things brewing behind the scenes, and a few things we desperately want to release but are in a holding pattern for decent reasons. Overall, FTB is doing well from our side of things.

2. The launcher itself is already fully released. It has been for quite some time now. I think the confusion comes in where we're still using the beta mod pack. They are two separate things. :)

3. I believe there are plans for a more in-depth website, but they're kind of back burner at the moment. Right now, the focus is on the mod packs, and maybe a new FTB map after that.

4. That's a complicated question to answer. For which pack? There is going to be more than one mod pack that is official FTB mod packs. You already have Magic World. There's likely to be a Tech World pack, an Ultimate Pack, and probably a map-specific pack. Of course there's a multitude of possibilities when it comes to third party packs as well. Really the thing that's holding it back right now is Red Power. We're only letting that hold us back because of world generation issues.

5. Some of our families are doing well. Some are not. I won't say who or why, but there are some folks on the FTB teams that could really use your guys' support right now.

I can see there's a bit of frustration on the silence. Believe me, the only reason there's silence is because there's nothing specific to tell. We don't know when Red Power will be available any more than you guys do, and we're waiting along side you. The launcher team has some neat things planned for you guys, and I've been able to play with one of the mod packs (without Red Power). I love it. I know you guys will be happy with it when we can release it. The wiki team is doing a bang up job getting all the information about the mods you should need ready, and it's starting to look pretty slick. If we have the time to manage it, the information should be available in several languages as well - a first for this kind of a fan made wiki launch (I believe). I really hope patience sticks around, because I'd hate to be thought of like EA, and not even get paid obscenely much for it.

Stick in there guys. We're in this for the long haul, so a lot of waiting and hard work in the beginning is what we need to get this right.

Reactions: b0bst3r

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019

not at all, were just busy with stuff

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Wanna thank you guys for coming in and answering these questions. While most the time I just sit around and wait to get a rise out of some of the kiddies here, I myself have to say that what you guys do(all forms of the team and the mod makers) are hands down the best in the world.

Sorry to hear hear that some may be having family problems and I truly hope things get better since I myself know all to well about family lose(wife just lose her 18 year old son not 2 weeks ago) so I hope you are doing well and remember. No matter what any of us say to get the others going, you can believe that you and your family's are in our prays no matter what.

Reactions: ScottWears

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
This is awesome, thank you for the answers!
This is going to breath new life into Minecraft.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019

Big difference between FTB and EA.

People that work for EA do it for a living. FTB Staff on the other hand do this in our free time aside from working to give you and a lot of others a mod pack to save you time and effort installing a lot of mods you want to play ;)

Reactions: jjw123

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
When redpower comes out, I'm partying like its 1999.

And thanks for the amazing effort guys/gals. I'm so glad I found out about FTB.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You'll have to excuse some people (myself included sometimes), it's frustrating to know what's coming, have most of the FTB team play on said fixed mods, then stream it to all those who can't play on them (cos the servers aren't updated).

It's just gnaaaaaa frustrating, but FTB has some very good points, one of which is the presence of the modders here, not all post but I can see a lot visit as some of the bugs reported here have been fixed in later versions of their mods.

If I find a bug I go off hunting to see if it's been fixed by the modder, it's nice to see that a good 90% of the ones we encounter are fixed, it's frustrating to know we're stuck with buggy mods until RP comes. It's frustrating to see the server continually crash cos of some of these bugs, client I can put up with and just reload.

This isn't a whine, just a Minecraftian frustrated to know what's coming and have to continually wait, you all have so far done a bang up job, keep yer chins up :D