Bee Breeding Thread.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone happen to know which 20 bee species were added in the 1.5.0.3 extrabee update?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone happen to know which 20 bee species were added in the 1.5.0.3 extrabee update?
Jaded,
Celebratory,
Wooden, Lumbered, Timbered
Pulped, Spoiled, Decomposed
Glowering
Hungry, Starved, Ravenous
Dazed, Irrational, Delirious
Lustrous,
Lustered

The final three (Perilous, Hazardous, Explosive) have problems, I can only find them with the imprinter, but they are not listed in the master apiarist database.

Ev4n1313

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys! I bought 2 valuable princesses off my friend on my FTB server and I want to make more. Is this possible with the isolator, purifier, inoculator and synthesizer? If so, how?

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys! I bought 2 valuable princesses off my friend on my FTB server and I want to make more. Is this possible with the isolator, purifier, inoculator and synthesizer? If so, how?

There are 2 ways
A.
1. Inoculate 1 of your valuable princess and drone with maximum fertility serum ( you get it from isolating wintry bees)
2. Get more valuable drones (from breeding the valuable pair) with 3 choco frames so you don't waste time.
3. Get 1 meadow or any hive princess, breed it with the pure bred valuable drones multiple times (with 3 chocolate frames to increase the process speed) until your meadow princess morph to valuable princess (with all the same traits as your original drones which I assume have fast productivity)

B.
1. Inoculate 1 of your valuable princess and drone with maximum fertility serum ( you get it from isolating wintry bees)
2. Get more valuable drones (from breeding the valuable pair) with 3 choco frames so you don't waste time.
3. Isolate valuable species serum from the drones, synthesize 16 charges and purify it to excellent.
4. Inoculate 1 pair of rocky bees with this valuable bee serum.
5. Inoculate those bees with more useful trait i.e. fast productivity serum.

You can skip step 1 and 2 if you already have a lot of valuable drones.

Reactions: Ev4n1313

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted to bring this thread back I have pure cultivated and pure valiants when I breed them I get a excited hybrid most of the time I'm trying to make it pure but I keep getting valiant cultivated hybrids instead when I try and breed my excited hybrid any suggestions on how to get it pure? I've already tried getting the excited species serum but I usually only get production and fertility serums and then they die.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
What I try to do as soon as possible: Breed 4x Fertility into the bees and on each mutation bring it back in, so I'll have more children to choose from for refining the species. Apart from that: If the mutation happens on a drone: store it for the moment, bring the princess back to pure, then mutate again with its counterpart. At some point you'll also have the mutation on the princess. Now breed it together with the drone from before. You should have a reasonable chance to get drones and hopefully also a princess with the correct traits you want to keep (like species or 4x fertility). Choose your drones wisely for refining. Should the princess ever revert to unwanted stats, either give her a new chance at mutation or at least switch her over to 4x fertility. Apart from that: try, try, pray.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a valiant-cultivated princess, breed it again with a valiant-cultivated drone until you get excited on the princess, then cross breed it with one of the excited drones. At least then you have a 50% chance of getting excited in the new generation. If you have cultivated-excited on the princess, breed it with a valiant-excited drone along with mutation frames for the additional chance to get the excited trait.

4x fertility helps a lot.

Adragal

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a valiant-cultivated princess, breed it again with a valiant-cultivated drone until you get excited on the princess, then cross breed it with one of the excited drones. At least then you have a 50% chance of getting excited in the new generation. If you have cultivated-excited on the princess, breed it with a valiant-excited drone along with mutation frames for the additional chance to get the excited trait.

4x fertility helps a lot.

I've noticed that an alveary with appropriate mutators will help purify hybrids if no possible mutation between the breeds exists, 4x fertility helps as I used it to turn a primeval/majestic drone and princess into two primeval drones and a pure prehistoric princess/drone pair, mind you I'm only using a single mutator stocked with nether stars to force mutation 9 frame housings with choco frames to speed up these very longlived bees

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Can the MiscPeripherals Bee Analyzer get any information from a bee that hasn't already been Beealyzed? If not, is there any way to automate Beealyzing?

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
...how do you automate Beealyzing? I only know about the hand scanner, and I can't think of any way to automate that.

killrbladez

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm correct, you can turn it into a block in some way. But I'm not sure because I haven't tried to automate my bees yet.

Siemon

Jul 29, 2019
...how do you automate Beealyzing? I only know about the hand scanner, and I can't think of any way to automate that.
Use NEI, and see that there is a machine that uses the beeAlyzer, It requires MJ and Honey to analyze bees

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that an alveary with appropriate mutators will help purify hybrids if no possible mutation between the breeds exists, 4x fertility helps as I used it to turn a primeval/majestic drone and princess into two primeval drones and a pure prehistoric princess/drone pair, mind you I'm only using a single mutator stocked with nether stars to force mutation 9 frame housings with choco frames to speed up these very longlived bees
If no possible mutation between the breeds exist, a mutator will do exactly nothing (except eating up one of its mutator-fuel), since it only boosts the mutation chance, but 0%*<boost value> = 0%...
With 6 choco frames all bees except the one with lifespan "Longest" will die in one bee tick. 7 choco frames will even insta-kill the longest lived bees, so 9 frames are overkill.