BC conductive pipes are being changed...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
[/quote]
I saw a tweet by sirsengir showing what Covertjauar has done with bc conductive pipes.. Here is a copy and past from the github explaining the new features..

Explosions are gone, loss over distance is gone.

Added two new Power pipes, Cobble and Diamond.

All pipes have much smaller max throughput:
Cobble = 8 MJ/t
Stone = 16 MJ/t
Gold = 64 MJ/t
Diamond = 256 MJ/t

The power display will turn red if a pipe has hit its max capacity. You
can use smaller pipes to throttle certain parts of your power net.

Machines are more lossy now to make up for the lossless pipes. Expect
low power draws even when idle.

Also added on/off Gate action support to lasers and ACTs.

My first thought is, is the diamond pipe now better then a conduit? What is the max throughput of a conduit.. Any thoughts?

hey, as far as i know the conduit will pass any given power over any distance with 5% loss (maybe on both sides. 10% in total. i may not be entirely clear on that point so i'm open to suggestions. and therefore, in that thought, can be considered one of the best form on energy transportations.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019

hey, as far as i know the conduit will pass any given power over any distance with 5% loss (maybe on both sides. 10% in total. i may not be entirely clear on that point so i'm open to suggestions. and therefore, in that thought, can be considered one of the best form on energy transportations.[/quote]

Why are you replying to a thread over 2 months old....
And I'm pretty sure that the 5% got changed.....

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
hey, as far as i know the conduit will pass any given power over any distance with 5% loss (maybe on both sides. 10% in total. i may not be entirely clear on that point so i'm open to suggestions. and therefore, in that thought, can be considered one of the best form on energy transportations.

And I'm pretty sure that the 5% got changed.....[/quote]

hey,

i didn't see and answer in the above, more in sight is always helpful. no matter now long it takes to get it and the 5% is mention. also if you click the reply button it'll quote correctly FYI. hope this helps.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
And I'm pretty sure that the 5% got changed.....

I clicked the reply button, it went like that because you put the quote thing and did it incorrectly.
Also, i dont understand most of the things you are saying.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
Quote removed by Lawbroken.

Not only are you annoying, you are also wrong.
straight from the changelog:
2.4.5.0:
-Bugfix: Fixes an intermittent crash with the Crescent Hammer on high latency servers.

-Changed: Conduits and Energy Cells are now lossless.
-Changed: Tesseract Default Loss is now 20%.
-changed: Dispenser behavior tweaked to work with TE liquid buckets.
-Changed: Sawmill is better about cross-mod support. Mods which register recipes too late will still be missed.
-Changed: Some configuration options have been renamed. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.