Base Help :)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, in my world I am attempting to make a base and it involves redwood trees, the huge ones from natura, and the problem i ran into is that it is ONE SINGLE block off from where i need it to be, can anyone tell me possibly a block to move it XD or some advice to put a new one RIGHT where i want it in the right size? any help appreciated,

-General_Metrac

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, in my world I am attempting to make a base and it involves redwood trees, the huge ones from natura, and the problem i ran into is that it is ONE SINGLE block off from where i need it to be, can anyone tell me possibly a block to move it XD or some advice to put a new one RIGHT where i want it in the right size? any help appreciated,

-General_Metrac

YOu could use MCEdit

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Move everything else over one block?

Or use a TiC battleaxe to chop 1x8x1 segments, move them, and repeat up to the leaf-line.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You could chop your way up to clear branches to get saplings, then replant where you want the tree. I've done this on occasion.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
...massive quantities of pistons or simply one set moved. Possibly by turtles. It's not one block but short of chopping it down and starting over or striping it and rebuilding it over a slot, it's the best I can think of.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
can the qcraft quantum computers store something that large?

I don't think the full height will fit, but it's possible the smallest radius will fit. Plus, with only a one block shift, it'd be impossible to setup the required structures in that amount of space.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
That had the force wrench, didn't it? I've not played with DartCraft much, but can't that move selections of blocks at a time?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the full height will fit, but it's possible the smallest radius will fit. Plus, with only a one block shift, it'd be impossible to setup the required structures in that amount of space.
I think theoretically it's possible, but it would require moving it in segments out of the way, then repositioning the original set of pylons one block to the side, then porting it back. And doing this repetitively til you move the entire trunk. In other words, a giant pain in the ass.

Then again, all methods outside of MCEdit and the like will be a huge pain in the ass.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I think theoretically it's possible, but it would require moving it in segments out of the way, then repositioning the original set of pylons one block to the side, then porting it back. And doing this repetitively til you move the entire trunk. In other words, a giant pain in the ass.

Is it possible to use a single set of pylons? I was under the understanding that it required two sets, one to receive and the other to send, which in this case would require the pylons (and as such, their respective teleportation fields) to overlap in this case.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to use a single set of pylons? I was under the understanding that it required two sets, one to receive and the other to send, which in this case would require the pylons (and as such, their respective teleportation fields) to overlap in this case.
No, I mean use two sets.

1) Set 1 is around the tree. Set 2 is a reasonable distance away.
2) Transfer Set 1 to Set 2.
3) Reposition Set 1.
4) Transfer Set 2 to Set 1.

Rinse and repeat all the way up the tree.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
No, I mean use two sets.

1) Set 1 is around the tree. Set 2 is a reasonable distance away.
2) Transfer Set 1 to Set 2.
3) Reposition Set 1.
4) Transfer Set 2 to Set 1.

Rinse and repeat all the way up the tree.

Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense. And shows just how much of a pain it would be to attempt to move the tree this way.

@OP, it would probably be easier to just change your design to fit the location of the tree, or cut it (or burn it) down and keep trying.

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
Very good suggestions guys but I found my own way finally :D turns out that the trees grow EXACTLY where I want when using a SINGLE sapling they grow right in the center of that block so I burn the trees to the ground until I get the right size and its helpful as I need 4 strategically placed redwoods around a central redwood to make my new base :D if u guys wanna see the base getting built over time, check out the topic owned by me in the utube section or look up my name as generalmetrac on utube

jaycron

Jul 29, 2019
Very good suggestions guys but I found my own way finally :D turns out that the trees grow EXACTLY where I want when using a SINGLE sapling they grow right in the center of that block so I burn the trees to the ground until I get the right size and its helpful as I need 4 strategically placed redwoods around a central redwood to make my new base :D if u guys wanna see the base getting built over time, check out the topic owned by me in the utube section or look up my name as generalmetrac on utube
i thought u needed the saplings in a 7x7, has it changed?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
i thought u needed the saplings in a 7x7, has it changed?

Last time I planted saplings I got a nasty surprise in the face before I was half finished planting the array. This was about a month ago.