Azanor presents Thaumcraft 4.1 Research

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
If you put all your stuff into strong boxes and save it in nei you can completely transfer your world
I put everything in my ME storage & copied it over a few weeks ago when I decided that Stargates (added SGCraft to the pack) needed a fancy new base design. I still have that saved so I'd only have to tear down & store the stuff I've added since. The only question is do I take the time to play it through, or do I rush to see the new ideas taking shape? I could just update & fix things in the current map, but sometimes you might as well just start over & do things a little differently & perhaps a little better.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I started over myself. I'm even trying the new research. For one thing I don't feel pressured to make an ink farm immediately. I mainly started a fresh world due to errors in my saves from me fiddling around without backing things up. Also ResRise Experimental added a ton of stuff so I figured it was just best to start over.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I'm not worried about that... I have always kept aspect distribution remote and not centralized.

To ask the real question: I'm a few days in on a MF2 world. I really want to make thuamium to enchant a pick. I want to know will I...
-need a new world
-lose the research for that thuamium
-lose any item I have from TC40.x

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
To ask the real question: I'm a few days in on a MF2 world. I really want to make thuamium to enchant a pick. I want to know will I...
-need a new world
-lose the research for that thuamium
-lose any item I have from TC40.x
-No new world needed
-No research is lost
-Highly doubtful

Reactions: RedBoss

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Tbh I really hoped the mini game research would be removed. Personally i just hate minigames within games of all kinds. But at least it looks less painful then the current one that I atm just got so fed up with I just went into creative and gave myself stacks of stuff rather then eff with it. :) but that is just me :) I love the golems though so I cant play without it. they are so cuuute!!!

Reactions: RedBoss

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
No, no. I'm only starting a new world because I'm fiddling around with the BoP biome configuration & disabling AM2, both of which effect world gen. Having to rethink my infusion crafting set-up only got me thinking about other things I might want to change while I'm at it.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried mixing 4.1 thaumcraft, 4.1 TT and 4.05 Magic Bees? I'm not planning to do anything with magic bees yet, but I would like to get the new thaumcraft and TT in my Magic Farm pack.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Tbh I really hoped the mini game research would be removed. Personally i just hate minigames within games of all kinds. But at least it looks less painful then the current one that I atm just got so fed up with I just went into creative and gave myself stacks of stuff rather then eff with it. :) but that is just me :) I love the golems though so I cant play without it. they are so cuuute!!!
Rather than either researching tediously or cheating stuff in, you can also enable the cheat Thaumonomicon book in the Thaumcraft configs and cheat that in. Once you open it, it gives you all the items unlocked, but you still have to have the materials to make them, etc.

DR. DOOMADORE

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could just set research to easy and pay a set research point cost for each item. Kinda thinking thats the way to go if your bored of the new minigame.

Reactions: James_Grimm

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Rather than either researching tediously or cheating stuff in, you can also enable the cheat Thaumonomicon book in the Thaumcraft configs and cheat that in. Once you open it, it gives you all the items unlocked, but you still have to have the materials to make them, etc.

weellll.. yeah.. you know.. if i had thought of that.. *feels blonde*

Birello

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone tried mixing 4.1 thaumcraft, 4.1 TT and 4.05 Magic Bees? I'm not planning to do anything with magic bees yet, but I would like to get the new thaumcraft and TT in my Magic Farm pack.
Yep seems to work fine. Also don't forget to update blood magic (or remove it like i did).

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019

Go into the configs for TC, set Research to "easy" mode. Bam, no minigame, everything is gained by scanning things and then spending the research points in your Thauminomicon. Easy mode converts ALL research into the Hexagon type that can be purchased with no minigame.

Birello

Jul 29, 2019
Yep seems to work fine. Also don't forget to update blood magic (or remove it like i did).
kjLb0KM.png

Totally works fine

Reactions: hiroshi42