Awesome mob essence system

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone.

So I made this imo quite awesome mob-essence system. I thought my video guide might be of intresst to people, so I'd like to share it. Fully self-sustaining and produces power, every mob drop you can think of, as well as emeralds, excess mob essence, mystcraft pages (yes, you read that correct), and last and probably least: sewage. It also has potential to generate anything villagers have to offer with some minor modifications.

And the best thing: It is not terribly expensive.

If anyone have suggestions for upgrades, please feel free to discuss it.
If you like the video, check out my channel and subscribe. There will be more where this came from.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
What mod pack are you using?
If it's a custom pack, it would be nice to list the mods needed to make this all work :)
Looks good tho'

Reactions: RedBoss

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
Im running FTB Monster with most of the implicit disabled mods enabled; but none of those mods are used in this build, so a standard FTB Monster would have all the components. :)

Btw, just posted all my CC code in the video description. Feel free to study it/use it!

AlwaysGoofingOff

Jul 29, 2019
My brief google/wiki search didn't return any info on whether or not different mobs/villagers would produce different amounts of mob essence or liquid meat in the grinders and slaughterhouse, respectively. I'm trying to finish the Liquid meat quest in [AS] and it's going super slow. It's the last Flow quest for me.

I have two separate rooms of cows, about 14 each (28 total) in breeding containers. Calves are pulled over to a central grinding room where a vet station accelerates the process. Mob essences is pumped into an auto-spawner making pigs, which get processed by a slaughterhouse for liquid meat. It's been running for a long time now and produces liquid meat at an excruciatingly slow pace.

I was wondering if I replaced the cows and/or pigs with a different mob (villagers?) would it go faster, or not work at all?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
You can even get meat from skeletons in a slaughterhouse. How does that make sense?

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
My brief google/wiki search didn't return any info on whether or not different mobs/villagers would produce different amounts of mob essence or liquid meat in the grinders and slaughterhouse, respectively. I'm trying to finish the Liquid meat quest in [AS] and it's going super slow. It's the last Flow quest for me.

I have two separate rooms of cows, about 14 each (28 total) in breeding containers. Calves are pulled over to a central grinding room where a vet station accelerates the process. Mob essences is pumped into an auto-spawner making pigs, which get processed by a slaughterhouse for liquid meat. It's been running for a long time now and produces liquid meat at an excruciatingly slow pace.

I was wondering if I replaced the cows and/or pigs with a different mob (villagers?) would it go faster, or not work at all?

I don't really understand what you are asking. The machine is pretty much divided into 3 parts. The first I talk about is the essence generator, which uses blazes.

The reason it works is because the "Sewer" collects nearby experience orbs to produce mob essence. Blazes give so much experience that each blaze killed generates way above 150mB of mob essence (which is required by the auto-spawner to spawn a mob), hence I can generate mob essence for use in my other machines. A sewer gives 66mB of mob essence / experience point, and a blaze gives 10 experience when it dies, so that's 666mB which is WAY more than 150mB.

In theory you could use any mob which generates more than 3 experience (since 3*66 > 150), but it would be less effective the less experience you gain.

The grinder produces 100 mB of mob essence whichever mob it kills, and since 100mB < 150 mB it can't be used for a automated farm in this way. You would need a way to get mobs to kill without using mob essence. Like you say for example, through breeding.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I really really wish the trading post could be automated with other mods.
I know it can be done with computercraft, but I suck at coding, so more alternatives would be nice to have

imagine if there was a tier 2 villager trading post that needs to be powered by alot of RF, there could be an input and an output, input is for the input items, output is for the output items
you could select which items to look for in trades which will automatically trade the villagers for the items you want

Noxer

Jul 29, 2019
I really really wish the trading post could be automated with other mods.
I know it can be done with computercraft, but I suck at coding, so more alternatives would be nice to have

imagine if there was a tier 2 villager trading post that needs to be powered by alot of RF, there could be an input and an output, input is for the input items, output is for the output items
you could select which items to look for in trades which will automatically trade the villagers for the items you want

I posted my code in the video description. Just put it in front of a trading post with a chest over it containing emeralds, and you should get mystcraft pages. If you want to trade other stuff I can help you explain the code if you like.