Automating Forestry Farms Items transfering

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I wanted to automate my forestry farms, but I've been struggling on how to do so. The thing is I wanted to use Tesseracts to transfer items from my AE system to my Multifarms, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I have 2 Tesseracts on my base: both on same frequency, one for sending only, one for receiving only (I tried with one Send/Receive also), and two buses (Export/Import). I've configured the Export Buses to export Dirt and Fertilizer.
Then I hooked up the Tesseract on my Forestry farm, but it doesn't put the items in the right place. If I put the Tesseract on the top, the fertilizer slot never gets filled up, and the farm won't output to the Tesseract (send items back to it), and if I place it below the farm, it won't fill the Dirt slot.

I wanted to automate the transfer of items from my farms, but I don't know how to do it without BC pipes. Have anyone actually used tesseracts for this?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I take it its the multi farm your talking about, & that all is setup correctly in the farm, the in/out put is via the hatch & this uses gravity to add or remove items, the tess on top should have worked if all was fine, but you can try this too, add a vanilla hopper over the top hatch & the tess on top of that, the under side needs a second hatch this will auto eject to a pipe or valid inventory, the 2 bottom slots (the 2x2 slots) are the out put only items that land there will eject the top two slots are the farm buffers to store dirt/samplings/seeds/etc, if you need to do a quick test, when there are items in the out put place any bc pipe to the bottom hatch items should fall out of pipe, if this does not happen your setup is on correct & you need to go back & check all step by step.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
The problem you have is that each side of the hatch is a different input slot in the farm, since all your items are coming through 1 tesseract you may not be able to input them from 1 tesseract without first catching them all in container, then sorting from that container in to each side.

The easiest way off the top of my head would be to put a chest next to the tesseract to catch all the items you wish to put in the farm.

From that chest use emerald pipes to pull out a specific item into the side of the hatch, then use another emerald pipe to input into a different side.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
The problem you have is that each side of the hatch is a different input slot in the farm, since all your items are coming through 1 tesseract you may not be able to input them from 1 tesseract without first catching them all in container, then sorting from that container in to each side.

The easiest way off the top of my head would be to put a chest next to the tesseract to catch all the items you wish to put in the farm.

From that chest use emerald pipes to pull out a specific item into the side of the hatch, then use another emerald pipe to input into a different side.
yep that will work or a vanilla hopper but it should not be needed if the farm is set up correctly, remember the hatches use gravity so items fall in or out of.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I needed two tesseracts, one for input and one for output. I'm using BC Hoppers everywhere as a relay, because just the Tesseracts wasn't working properly. Thanks for the advices.

Jijeras97

Jul 29, 2019
I think you should take a look at Direwolf20's latest Forgecraft videos. He automated it with AE, you should watch it.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
My farms are 1000 blocks away from my AE system (for reducing lag on the client side). Making a 1k length cabling is outside the scope over here. I could setup another ME System near my fear, and transfer items from the systems using Ender Chests

arentol

Jul 29, 2019
My farms are 1000 blocks away from my AE system (for reducing lag on the client side). Making a 1k length cabling is outside the scope over here. I could setup another ME System near my fear, and transfer items from the systems using Ender Chests

Yup, separate AE systems is a good idea. It makes management easy on both sides and an ender chest is cheaper than multiple item tesseracts. Use import buses and export buses set to specific items to make sure everything moves the direction you want.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Yet, the Tesseracts are a cleaner design than puting cables everywhere. I shall stay with my current design for now, I have enough Ender Pearls and diamonds to do this, so I'm okay with this approach.