Auto ore processing useing RedPower, IndustrialCraft, and BuildCraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Killer5252

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone made a good and efficent automated ore processing useing RedPower, IndustrialCraft, and BuildCraft?

I am looking for one that uses these stuff:

Induction Furnace
Rotary Macarator
Pnematic tubes
Redpower item transfer( if you dont know what i am talking about here is a picture)
mKRU5Qa.png

^^^Useing those ^^^^

If anyone could maybe build one for me or find one that has the specs as the list says

Thanks

killer5252

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, before suggesting something, do you actually want to use Buildcraft or not? You mention it in your list of mods, but none of the items/blocks that you have listed are from Buildcraft. So how do you feel about mixing in BC pipes, gates, etc?

Killer5252

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, before suggesting something, do you actually want to use Buildcraft or not? You mention it in your list of mods, but none of the items/blocks that you have listed are from Buildcraft. So how do you feel about mixing in BC pipes, gates, etc?

I accidently put buildcraft in the title, I want a auto ore processing that is quick and efficent[DOUBLEPOST=1366507112][/DOUBLEPOST]

Here is where i am going to put it:
xD2M8jj.png

If you could figure something out that is in this area that would be great

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
That... Is a surprisingly easy request, honestly.

Well, there's a couple of things you'll want to do. First, you have to decide how big of an issue you have with space. I ask you that because with RP2, there's basically two ways you can sort items, and that's by using Filters and Sorting Machines. If you use Filters, you'll need a filter at the end of each tube, telling it what to accept, and you're limited to specifying 9 blocks per filter. If you use a sorting machine, however, you can do some fun stuff with painted tubes, but sorting machines take energy to run, so you'll need to dedicate at least a little bit of space to Blutricity production to feed your Sorting Machines.

The most simplistic design you can make takes two sorting machines, and a couple of retrievers. You hook up an input chest, with a sorting machine next to it, and you configure the sorting machine to pull items from the input chest, and eject them into the tube network. Let's say you paint all your ores you want macerated blue. You'd then use a blue paint brush to paint the tube going into the rotary macerator as blue, and all items ejected by the sorting machine that are painted blue are going to be pushed straight into the rotary macerator. Nice. Next, you'll want a retriever hooked up to your rotary macerator, pulling out the dusts that are now ready to be smelted, and dumping them into a separate tube network that feeds into the induction furnace. Hooked to the induction furnace, you can either use a retriever and then a buffer chest and a sorting machine, or you (i think) can hook up the sorting machine directly to the induction furnace. In any case, you'll want to color your ores according to how you want them to be sorted.

That's it, you're done. Any ores that you told your sorting machine to deal with are going to be macerated, smelted, and sent to their proper places. Now, there are more efficient and elegant ways of doing this, but this is at least simple and straightforward.

Reactions: Maks and Sh3it4n

Killer5252

Jul 29, 2019
That... Is a surprisingly easy request, honestly.

Well, there's a couple of things you'll want to do. First, you have to decide how big of an issue you have with space. I ask you that because with RP2, there's basically two ways you can sort items, and that's by using Filters and Sorting Machines. If you use Filters, you'll need a filter at the end of each tube, telling it what to accept, and you're limited to specifying 9 blocks per filter. If you use a sorting machine, however, you can do some fun stuff with painted tubes, but sorting machines take energy to run, so you'll need to dedicate at least a little bit of space to Blutricity production to feed your Sorting Machines.

The most simplistic design you can make takes two sorting machines, and a couple of retrievers. You hook up an input chest, with a sorting machine next to it, and you configure the sorting machine to pull items from the input chest, and eject them into the tube network. Let's say you paint all your ores you want macerated blue. You'd then use a blue paint brush to paint the tube going into the rotary macerator as blue, and all items ejected by the sorting machine that are painted blue are going to be pushed straight into the rotary macerator. Nice. Next, you'll want a retriever hooked up to your rotary macerator, pulling out the dusts that are now ready to be smelted, and dumping them into a separate tube network that feeds into the induction furnace. Hooked to the induction furnace, you can either use a retriever and then a buffer chest and a sorting machine, or you (i think) can hook up the sorting machine directly to the induction furnace. In any case, you'll want to color your ores according to how you want them to be sorted.

That's it, you're done. Any ores that you told your sorting machine to deal with are going to be macerated, smelted, and sent to their proper places. Now, there are more efficient and elegant ways of doing this, but this is at least simple and straightforward.

I already got bluetricity behind the furnace and macarator in the picture,Could you please show me a picture of what you mean?

In my case, typed out version is kind of hard to understand but when you have a image it get alot easyer.

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
Well there's a hundred ways to do it, could you be more specific as in like how many macerators/furnaces you want and anything that people might suggest that you already don't want

Killer5252

Jul 29, 2019
Well there's a hundred ways to do it, could you be more specific as in like how many macerators/furnaces you want and anything that people might suggest that you already don't want

Okay sure, Maybe 6 induction furnaces and 6 macarators, I just want all the unsmelted ore go into a rotary macarator and then go into a induction furnace,From there i can get the smelted ingots into my sorting system.

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
Okay sure, Maybe 6 induction furnaces and 6 macarators, I just want all the unsmelted ore go into a rotary macarator and then go into a induction furnace,From there i can get the smelted ingots into my sorting system.
Well, this right here is a very simple setup I just setup quickly, the retriever in the middle/right would just need a timer for it to pull items, then that filter to the far left can either be the filter, which it is now or a sorting machine with the auto eject setting on so you don't have to use another timer. Or if you would want to use a router instead, which is far more compact, just let me know, although getting one of the upgrades for the router(machine filter) could be a nuisance http://puu.sh/2E2Cu.png

Reactions: Silent_007

Killer5252

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this right here is a very simple setup I just setup quickly, the retriever in the middle/right would just need a timer for it to pull items, then that filter to the far left can either be the filter, which it is now or a sorting machine with the auto eject setting on so you don't have to use another timer. Or if you would want to use a router instead, which is far more compact, just let me know, although getting one of the upgrades for the router(machine filter) could be a nuisance http://puu.sh/2E2Cu.png

I am trying to figure out the timer and retriver situation i dont have anywhere to put the timer

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to figure out the timer and retriver situation i dont have anywhere to put the timer
Could make the tube below the retriever a redstone pneumatic tube and then you could put the timer under the furnace or something

Killer5252

Jul 29, 2019
Could make the tube below the retriever a redstone pneumatic tube and then you could put the timer under the furnace or something

never mind i got a better solution :p

anyways

Thank you for all the help, I had many idea's before this thread but i was getting frustrated so i need some help

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I didn't respond again right away there - glad you got something figured out!
And whether you're using it or not, I just have to say that I quite like how clean and simple martyyp's setup is. :)

Killer5252

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I didn't respond again right away there - glad you got something figured out!
And whether you're using it or not, I just have to say that I quite like how clean and simple martyyp's setup is. :)

There is 1 problem, The manager is to slow to get all the items out fast to the furnaces, But i figured out a solition instead of the managers just put filters in front in where the pnematic tubes were

but I know you were going to build 1 for me too, so could you make 1 and i want to try your version out too.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
There is 1 problem, The manager is to slow to get all the items out fast to the furnaces, But i figured out a solition instead of the managers just put filters in front in where the pnematic tubes were

but I know you were going to build 1 for me too, so could you make 1 and i want to try your version out too.
By managers do you mean retrievers? Or did you tweak the setup slightly?
Also, what are you using to pulse the retriever? If it's a timer, is its speed maxed out? (Even if it is, that may not be the most elegant solution...)

Let me know on those things and hopefully I can whip up an example of something sometime tomorrow.

Killer5252

Jul 29, 2019
By managers do you mean retrievers? Or did you tweak the setup slightly?
Also, what are you using to pulse the retriever? If it's a timer, is its speed maxed out? (Even if it is, that may not be the most elegant solution...)

Let me know on those things and hopefully I can whip up an example of something sometime tomorrow.

Retrevers, and i am useing a timer maxed out to .200

Just whip something up tommorrow if you can

That would be awsome xD

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
What I usually do to take up the least space and be the most efficient is have a macerator at least one block away from the ground, and a furnace diagonally down one block from it. This way you could just use buildcraft wooden pipes to pump into the furnace. Use a redstone engine to power it. You could use a transposer or filter to suck the items out of the furnace and use pneumatic tubes to get the ingot into your sorting system. I usually do this with every ore receivable. Using a transposer or filter to suck the items out of the macerator would be a waste for three reasons:
1. Space. It would take up to two blocks more per ore, which could be a pain.
2. Wooden pipes and redstone engines are cheaper.
3. Timers and sequencers could cause a hellish amount of lag.

Killer5252

Jul 29, 2019
What I usually do to take up the least space and be the most efficient is have a macerator at least one block away from the ground, and a furnace diagonally down one block from it. This way you could just use buildcraft wooden pipes to pump into the furnace. Use a redstone engine to power it. You could use a transposer or filter to suck the items out of the furnace and use pneumatic tubes to get the ingot into your sorting system. I usually do this with every ore receivable. Using a transposer or filter to suck the items out of the macerator would be a waste for three reasons:
1. Space. It would take up to two blocks more per ore, which could be a pain.
2. Wooden pipes and redstone engines are cheaper.
3. Timers and sequencers could cause a hellish amount of lag.

Could you give me a image of what you mean?